POLYPHONIC SIZE

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: POLYPHONIC SIZE

Post by Détective Privé »

Polyphonic's lyrics were sometimes written in french, sometimes in english. For instance, Live For Each Moment (Psize 1st LP) is 60% in french, 40% in english. Walking Everywhere (2nd LP), 75 % in french. Sometimes they could use german or japanese lyrics as well.

French connection might sound better than Belgian Connection, but PSize wasn't a french band. Doesn't matter very much, anyway.
Cheers !
8)
You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Détective Privé wrote:Polyphonic's lyrics were sometimes written in french, sometimes in english. For instance, Live For Each Moment (Psize 1st LP) is 60% in french, 40% in english. Walking Everywhere (2nd LP), 75 % in french. Sometimes they could use german or japanese lyrics as well.

French connection might sound better than Belgian Connection, but PSize wasn't a french band. Doesn't matter very much, anyway.
Cheers !
8)

Yes, the article alludes to Roger Marc coming from Belgium in the first paragraph doesn't it? As you say, the majority of his songs are in French - which I think is key - and with Jean Jacques' involvement, the strapline of French Connection seems entirely relevent to me! But seeing as you raised the issue, I'm happy to change it to a better one if you have any suggestions Détective Privé?

:grin:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

Détective Privé

That's a terrible question you ask me, especially with that rubber tape in your hands !... Well, maybe we should stick to French Connection, uuuh ? Or... what about "Brussels Waltz" first title on the 2nd Polyphonic Size LP, obviously Stranglers related track :smt112 ?

Anyway, I didn't realized you made the article, so I forgot to thank you for all the good work, the website and so on. Shame on me. Cheers, C r a s s ! :smt048
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Détective Privé wrote:That's a terrible question you ask me, especially with that rubber tape in your hands !... Well, maybe we should stick to French Connection, uuuh ? Or... what about "Brussels Waltz" first title on the 2nd Polyphonic Size LP, obviously Stranglers related track :smt112 ?

Anyway, I didn't realized you made the article, so I forgot to thank you for all the good work, the website and so on. Shame on me. Cheers, C r a s s ! :smt048
Thanks alot - but I didn't write the Polyphonic article - a fan sent it in by the name of Doro! I only laid it out, added a bit of magic and added that bloody headline! The jury is out with Brussels Waltz: let's see what else can be made to fit?

Détective Privé

Great Polyphonic Size fan you've got there, for sure, but don't be too modest, you obviously did a great job rewriting and correcting all the mispelt stuff from the original text. :mrgreen:

:shock: What do you mean by jury-is-out-with-Brussels-Waltz ??! Sounds like a godam great title to me ! Sh********t !
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Détective Privé wrote:Great Polyphonic Size fan you've got there, for sure, but don't be too modest, you obviously did a great job rewriting and correcting all the mispelt stuff from the original text. :mrgreen:

:shock: What do you mean by jury-is-out-with-Brussels-Waltz ??! Sounds like a godam great title to me ! Sh********t !

Great submitted piece! I'm inspired now to check this band out, especially after a fellow mib has tagged them The Belgian Kraftwerk!

:P

Détective Privé

You see ? Just as I said, "The Belgian Kraftwerk", not the French Kraftwerk ! :lol: