Siouxsie and the Banshees - Where do I start?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Siouxsie and the Banshees - Where do I start?

Post by C r a s s ! »

Keith Levine was the first PiL guitarist - but he was involved in The Clash in the early days although they never recorded, only rehearsed, briefly.

Not aware he was involved with the Banshees... :smt009

If you check Kaleidoscope credits, John McGeoch's record company allowed him to play on it. Appears courtesy of Virgin Records... is the blurb. So he was still tied to Magazine, and appeared (like Steve Jones) as a guest on Kaleidoscope.

I must say it's a sad day when talented musos like John pass away - and why did he become a nurse ferfuxaxe??? Did he want to be skinter? Yes, he was Siouxsie's fave guitarist, and they asked him to do that 7 Year Itch tour didn't they? Ended up with Knox Chandler, ex Psychedelic Furs who worked with Dave Gahan of Depeche as instrumetalist and producer... and he did a great job for the Banshees live in 2002.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Keith Levine was the first PiL guitarist - but he was involved in The Clash in the early days although they never recorded, only rehearsed, briefly.

If you check Kaleidoscope credits, John McGeoch's record company allowed him to play on it. Appears courtesy of Virgin Records... is the blurb. So he was still tied to Magazine, and appeared (like Steve Jones) as a guest on Kaleidoscope.

I must say it's a sad day when talented musos like John pass away - and why did he become a nurse ferfuxaxe??? Did he want to be skinter? Yes, he was Siouxsie's fave guitarist, and they asked him to do that 7 Year Itch tour didn't they? Ended up with Knox Chandler, ex Psychedelic Furs who worked with Dave Gahan of Depeche as instrumetalist and producer... and he did a great job for the Banshees live in 2002.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

C r a s s ! wrote:Keith Levine was the first PiL guitarist - but he was involved in The Clash in the early days although they never recorded, only rehearsed, briefly.

knox was the banshees guitarist in 95... nothing was happpening for john in the mid 90's so it was his personal choice to go into nursing... sad yeah..
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
MULLY wrote:
Was it not after the recording of 'Join Hands'?
Yup! I saw Siouxsie & The Banshees when they were touring this album in 1979. The Cure were the support act and Robert Smith also filled in on guitar for The Banshees following the departure of John Mckay who had departed along with drummer Kenny Morris only days before the tour. Budgie took over drum duties but I'm not exactly sure where he was drafted in from. Was he a Cure member too?
They departed after the Belfast gig and before the Aberdeen (?) leg of the tour.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
MULLY wrote:
Anyway don't forget the 'original' line-up !
No mention of Sid Vicious there Mully! Didn't he play drums on 'The Lords Prayer' at The Banshees first gig at the '100 CLUB'
:?:
I was only talking guitarists - but Sid did dit in on drums for this gig
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

http://www.myspace.com/SiouxsieandtheBanshees

Pics and dates of the various line-ups shown.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

So! Next question......

The second time I saw Siouxsie & The Banshees was in 1980.They played a supposedly 'secret' gig at 'The Boat Club' in Nottingham under the moniker 'Janet & The Icebergs'. I think this wasn't exclusive to Nottingham and that other dates happened too. I remember the support act were a female fronted band and I've always thought that they were the real real 'Janet & The Icebergs' but I'm probably wrong. Anyway, it's only after 30 years that I'm now wondering whothe guitarist was! Must have been McGeoch?
FenDale

Post by FenDale »

Didn't Altered Images support Janet and The Icebergs? Severin certainly produced their early stuff and I'm sure they were taken under the Banshees wing around the "Dead Pop Stars" era.
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

FenDale wrote:Didn't Altered Images support Janet and The Icebergs? Severin certainly produced their early stuff and I'm sure they were taken under the Banshees wing around the "Dead Pop Stars" era.
Yeah, possibly was Altered Images. Never realised I'd seen 'em until your post Dale!
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
FenDale wrote:Didn't Altered Images support Janet and The Icebergs? Severin certainly produced their early stuff and I'm sure they were taken under the Banshees wing around the "Dead Pop Stars" era.
Yeah, possibly was Altered Images. Never realised I'd seen 'em until your post Dale!
altered images did support the banshees on that tour,, they wer also on before the banshees at the futurama gig
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!