Hawkwind

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Hawkwind

Post by MrBlack77 »

I am going to see the old space time rockers in L.poo,on saturday may 30, i haven't seen them since the early 90's.Has anyone seen them lately? How has the years treated them? Do mr Brook and co still kick it?
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Hawkwind

Post by Jake »

I've never seen em wouldnt mind in the right corcumstances, quite partial to some of the 70's Hawkwind actually; Urban Guerilla is one of the best songs ever ;)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Not seen em since they played The Dracfest in Whitby back in 1997 with The Stranglers & Arthur Brown.
Always a great band but with sooooooo many line ups though, it's confusing, Dave Brock being the only original member and boss.
Got all their albums from their debut self titled up to The Xenon Codex.
Saw em quite a few times in the 80's and they were brilliant, Reading festival was best. Im sure they are still great today, like, wouldnt mind seeing em again.
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Many thanks.I lost track with them not long after Xenon Codex(great album),god knows why.I saw them a few times after that album,without Huw Lloyd and Danny Thompson and they seem to have lost it live.But what the hell i can't wait for the 30th,after all these years without seeing them. :smt036
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

MrBlack77 wrote:Many thanks.I lost track with them not long after Xenon Codex(great album),god knows why.I saw them a few times after that album,without Huw Lloyd and Danny Thompson and they seem to have lost it live.But what the hell i can't wait for the 30th,after all these years without seeing them. :smt036
Huw-Lloyd Langton is a great guitar player, apparently an uncle or relative of an old school friend of mine too.
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
MrBlack77 wrote:Many thanks.I lost track with them not long after Xenon Codex(great album),god knows why.I saw them a few times after that album,without Huw Lloyd and Danny Thompson and they seem to have lost it live.But what the hell i can't wait for the 30th,after all these years without seeing them. :smt036
Huw-Lloyd Langton is a great guitar player, apparently an uncle or relative of an old school friend of mine too.
Indeed he is a great guitarist and a fair singer.Hawkwind were really good in the 80's i saw them tones of times,but the show they put on at the Hammy Odeon on the Black Sword was something special.The only other show that got near to that for me was the Finsbury park show in the tent with Naz Nomads a great gig also.
Ron The Shelf
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Ron The Shelf »

I was at the Black Sword gig at Hammersmith too. Hawkwind are OK now but Space Ritual/Hawklords are miles better. Nik Turner has been smart and put together a band consisting of everyone Brock has pissed off over the years and they have that 70's Hawkwind vibe down to a tee!
I Hate You
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Do they do anything that

a) Doesn't involve Lemmy (I don't mind him but y'know)

b) Isn't hippy shit?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

theraven1979 wrote:Do they do anything that

a) Doesn't involve Lemmy (I don't mind him but y'know)

b) Isn't hippy shit?

Jim
They're just pish.....Camel roools :grin: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I caught a bit of Hawkwind at Guilfest last weekend. I have to say I was quite impressed. Can anyone recommend a good album to start with? They have some great synths and sound effects.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

jason wrote:I caught a bit of Hawkwind at Guilfest last weekend. I have to say I was quite impressed. Can anyone recommend a good album to start with? They have some great synths and sound effects.
Hall Of The Mountain Grill or In Search of Space not bad albums
Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Détective Privé »

jason wrote:I caught a bit of Hawkwind at Guilfest last weekend. I have to say I was quite impressed. Can anyone recommend a good album to start with? They have some great synths and sound effects.
Space Ritual is their masterpiece. Double live album, 1973, featuring Lemmy. Also Doremi Fasol Latido, In Search Of Space, and Warrior on the Edge of Time.
No "hippy shit", but crazy psychedelic heavy space rock. :shock: :smt035 :smt103
Unfortunatly, I only saw them once, in 1992, but they were still great. Fantastic light show, with lots of stroboscopic effects :smt119, living you half blind at the end of the show ! :smt119 :lol:
You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company