THE DAMNED - CARDIFF 16TH DECEMBER

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

THE DAMNED - CARDIFF 16TH DECEMBER

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

Having made a decision not to go to the Pogues in Bristol in favour of The Damned, i'm glad to say that last night's gig in Cardiff was absolutely superb.

Definately one of the best times that i have ever seen the Damned.

As well as 4 or 5 new tracks from the superb Who's Paranoid lp, we were treated to the old favourites such as "Love Song", "New Rose", Smash It Up" as well as rarely played tracks "Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde" &"Sanity Clause".

The highlight of the evening though was a blistering version of "Neat Neat Neat" as the Captain called onto the stage former bass players Paul Gray & Bryn Merrick.It looked as though Bryn hadn't played in a long time but after a short practice they thundered into NNN.

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING.

As always, The Stranglers remain my favourite band on record,but live IMO there is no comparison,the Damned rule the roost.Where as the Stranglers are fairly predicatble in song choice and offer a technically superb performance, the passion is definately with THE DAMNED.

If you get a chance, go and see The Damned.

DEFINATELY THE BEST GIG OF THE YEAR...
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Re: THE DAMNED - CARDIFF 16TH DECEMBER

Post by Freddie Laker »

Thanks for the great review, TS. 8)
When they played NNN at Cambridge a couple of weeks ago, they got a guy from a Japanese band to play lead guitar, whilst Captain took on bass duties. Stu grabbed a beer and grinned from the back of the stage whilst having a breather. :grin:
Tempted yet, Gizz ? :wink:
TWO SUNSPOTS

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

Freddie Laker wrote:Thanks for the great review, TS. 8)
When they played NNN at Cambridge a couple of weeks ago, they got a guy from a Japanese band to play lead guitar, whilst Captain took on bass duties. Stu grabbed a beer and grinned from the back of the stage whilst having a breather. :grin:
Tempted yet, Gizz ? :wink:
Cheers Freddie.

If you do go Gizz then i might see you there as i'm thinking of making it 3 Damned gigs in 4 days.
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

Have to say that i thought the damned were really on form when i seen them in Edinburgh, thought the new songs sounded great live, looking forward to June next year when they are playing Edinburgh on two consecutive nights, with the Alarm as support.

Roll on next year

John
you always reap what you sow
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

They were really good also in Manchester,the new songs sounded great.Their new album is a cracker,the more i listen to it the more i like it.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:Having made a decision not to go to the Pogues in Bristol in favour of The Damned, i'm glad to say that last night's gig in Cardiff was absolutely superb.

Definately one of the best times that i have ever seen the Damned.

As well as 4 or 5 new tracks from the superb Who's Paranoid lp, we were treated to the old favourites such as "Love Song", "New Rose", Smash It Up" as well as rarely played tracks "Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde" &"Sanity Clause".

The highlight of the evening though was a blistering version of "Neat Neat Neat" as the Captain called onto the stage former bass players Paul Gray & Bryn Merrick.It looked as though Bryn hadn't played in a long time but after a short practice they thundered into NNN.

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING.

As always, The Stranglers remain my favourite band on record,but live IMO there is no comparison,the Damned rule the roost.Where as the Stranglers are fairly predicatble in song choice and offer a technically superb performance, the passion is definately with THE DAMNED.
:shock: The Damned are crap compared to The Stranglers on all levels there just an overated undertalented punk band. They actually put out an album called "Strawberrys" & it is dog poo poo.

If you get a chance, go and see The Damned.

DEFINATELY THE BEST GIG OF THE YEAR...
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

:lol:

For anyone wondering where pige's post condemming the Damned is..........
pigeon wrote: The Damned are crap compared to The Stranglers on all levels there just an overated undertalented punk band. They actually put out an album called "Strawberrys" & it is dog poo poo.
:lol:

Mate. They're not!

Thanks for the words TS. Really, really wishing I'd feckin' remembered! :oops:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Strawberries is a fantastic album

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
TWO SUNSPOTS

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

theraven1979 wrote:Strawberries is a fantastic album

Jim
Totally agree Jim, it is an excellent album as are the vast majority of the Damned lps
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:

Jim
Totally agree Jim, it is an excellent album as are the vast majority of the Damned lps
Ditto!

'Stranger On The Town', 'Ignite' and 'Under The Floor Again' are Classics!

Has Pige actually heard a Damned album?? He needs to take those Metallica headphones off.
:roll:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

gizzard wrote:
TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:

Jim
Ditto!

'Stranger On The Town', 'Ignite' and 'Under The Floor Again' are Classics!

Has Pige actually heard a Damned album?? He needs to take those Metallica headphones off.
:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Jim
Yes, great album, and even if you don't like the tunes, enjoy the whiff - my vinyl copy still smells after 25 years. 8)