Does'nt sound as good as what the Pistols were though. :wink:
Probably not.

Sex Pistols are the bizz, Gizz!

Look! Another poem!!!!!

I'm on a roll tonight!
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

ThruBeingCool wrote:[img][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/ ... X029-1.jpg[/img][/img]

Ms Styrene & daughter(2nd from right), original bass player Paul Dean plus some other day-glo bint!

Poly Styrene might not make the 'Jodie Foster' thread but she's got some reet tit on 'er I tell thee!
so thats 'poly styrene and a friend + daughter + ex spex members' :lol:

by eck agreed, her bosoms were rather ample :wink:

cwacking gig down camden tarn, wish i was as fit as john robb how does he jump around like that for a full blade set at his age, like baz and paul i only caught the last coupla songs!

i fucking loved the spex set, thats about as much i can say about it :twisted:

ah well roll on the mib tour, see ya in manc baz

p.s. that album is on here

http://www.easyaction.co.uk/ 8)

more precise link

http://www.easyaction.co.uk/detail.php?catno=EARS020
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Andrew
Rats Rally

Post by Andrew »

Got into London around 6pm and headed off to Chalk Hill tube station where I was meeting an old mate of mine I hadn't seen for many years. Having checked the Roundhouse website before I left I noticed it said X-Ray Spex were due to start at 9:50 and finish at 11:00. Hmmm...my last train was 11:30 and it took me over half an hour to make Chalk Hill. Steve suggested I might have to leave the gig early to make the train home...ha ha ha. Did wonder whether sleeping at the station was on the cards though.

Had some beer and headed for the Roundhouse around 7:30. Big queue. Poly's daughter's band "Debutante Disco" were ok - she was a dead ringer for her mum - but after three songs we went back to the bar to chat. Same with Goldblade - I know they're fun and all that but after three songs the fun wore off. Don Lett's DJ-ing was...interesting. I'm sure they tried to get him off early...!

Then lights down, band came on, sound came on after they'd started playing, and "Oh Bondage, Up Yours!". Must admit for a band who hadn't played in 15 years they certainly hadn't spent that time practising. The audience knew the lyrics better than Poly (bless her), and the band was all over the place - but isn't that what punk is all about?! When they pulled together though it really took off. Favourites for me being Warrior in Woolworths, Genetic Engineering, Germfree Adolescents, I Live Off You, and Day Glo (particularly the second time around when they remembered the final verse!). Poly did her best but the actual sound at the gig wasn't great, and her voice faltered on several occasions. Thought there might have been a bit more rapport as well...she did smile a lot, but didn't have a lot to say!

Crowd was very enthusiastic and it was a great welcome back. Would I see them again. Not for £35! But I'm glad that I have seen them because Germfree Adolescents is easily in my top ten albums of all time.

It was over all too soon...a rush back to Liverpool and caught my train with a minute to spare.

Stuff is on YouTube already I see:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIkbdM5Rc8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MuK5QVoByw4
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Thanks for the reviews and pics guys.

Funnily enough and after wandering around Camden Market, I took the kids for a pizza opposite the Spread Eagle yesterday afternoon and wondered when you might all hit the area.

Glad you had a great evening. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
TWO SUNSPOTS

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

Having read the revies on here it must just be me then,because:_

I went to the gig full of anticipation of seeing a band that i never got round to seeing in the 70's.

Good start, i thought that Debutant Disco were ok and then came the mighty Goldblade who ripped through their set with blistering pace and energy - always superb live.

Then the highlight of the night,the reason that we were all there and...

...........what a bloody let down.

They were generally shite.

They started well enough and as soon as the first chords were heard the mosh pit went mental.But too many times they f**ked up.The biggest culprit seemed to be the drummer,but they were all like it.It was as if they had never practiced.

Now i know that this was the first propper gig for 30 years and that if they play more dates then then will become better,but for me to see them again,they will have to come to me and not the other way around.

I must say however that Poly Styrene looked good,better than she looked 30 years ago - her daughter was pretty fit as well.

STILL GLAD I WENT THOUGH...............
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
Pawsher
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Pawsher »

ThruBeingCool wrote:[img][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/ ... X029-1.jpg[/img][/img]

Ms Styrene & daughter(2nd from right), original bass player Paul Dean plus some other day-glo bint!

Poly Styrene might not make the 'Jodie Foster' thread but she's got some reet tit on 'er I tell thee!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE DAY-GLO LADY IS NONE OTHER THAN MISS ZILLAH MINX OF ANARCHO-PUNK BAND RUBELLA BALLET?????

Sid who drummed for Spex on Saturday is co-founder with Zillah and drummer for Rubella Ballet.
Down the Court Road early
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Pawsher wrote:

DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE DAY-GLO LADY IS NONE OTHER THAN MISS ZILLAH MINX OF ANARCHO-PUNK BAND RUBELLA BALLET?????

No. But I do now.
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Pawsher wrote:

No. But I do now.
shoulda called her godzillah minx!! what a fucking dragon!!!

i dint know who she was either, never really got into that anarcho punk stuff....
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Pawsher
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Pawsher »

Roy Batty wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:
Pawsher wrote:

No. But I do now.

i dint know who she was either, never really got into that anarcho punk stuff....
That's a bit unfair!,they've done some good stuff,Rubella Ballet
Down the Court Road early
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

Pawsher wrote:
Roy Batty wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote: No. But I do now.

dunno whats unfair about me thinking she was a dragon?? she was :roll:

anyhoo, brother baz! is that you in this piccy just at the side of poly??

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=21561715
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Roy Batty wrote:
Pawsher wrote:
Roy Batty wrote: shoulda called her godzillah minx!! what a fucking dragon!!!

dunno whats unfair about me thinking she was a dragon?? she was :roll:

anyhoo, brother baz! is that you in this piccy just at the side of poly??

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=21561715
:lol:

It is an'all- nice one 8)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Fame at last :!: :oops: