MAGAZINE to reform

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

my tix are booked for manc :twisted:

jeremy vine played song from under the floorboards today, what a top bloke he is 8) even tho he's a bit of a ponce!!

anyhoo, dug some stuff out the other day and came across an old n.u.s. card... check this baby out

that was from after a gig in the riley smith hall at leeds uni back in 1980 :shock:

am i really that old :?:

these gigs are gonna be good BUT no fucker on this earth can play geetar like John McGeoch (god bless him)

did ya know the geetar blke out of red hot chilli peps rates him as an all time geetar influence??
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Feckin Radio 2 eh, Roy? What the feck's happened to us? When I was twenty I SWORE Radio 2 would never happen to me, but here I am. Mind you I wouldn't have got to hear A Song From Under the Floorboards if I'd had Magic 828 on, would I? :D
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Roy Batty wrote:
these gigs are gonna be good BUT no fucker on this earth can play geetar like John McGeoch (god bless him)

did ya know the geetar blke out of red hot chilli peps rates him as an all time geetar influence??
Robin Simon did extremely well on "Play", though, you must agree. Still one of my favourites of all the records. :)
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

Bubba wrote:Feckin Radio 2 eh, Roy? What the feck's happened to us? When I was twenty I SWORE Radio 2 would never happen to me, but here I am. Mind you I wouldn't have got to hear A Song From Under the Floorboards if I'd had Magic 828 on, would I? :D
or radio chorley 'coming in your ears!'

:lol:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

:lol:
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

Bubba wrote:
Roy Batty wrote:

Robin Simon did extremely well on "Play", though, you must agree. Still one of my favourites of all the records. :)
true but john was and still is thanx to the beauty of records/cd's/tape's my all time fave geetarist!

still gonna enjoy it all the same :smile:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Roy Batty wrote:
true but john was and still is thanx to the beauty of records/cd's/tape's my all time fave geetarist!

Had a look on ebay for an Ibanez FL9 Flanger recently in a fit of nostalgia; McGeoch used one and I used to have one. Some loony wants more than TWO HUNDRED QUID for his 80s vintage one! :cuckoo:
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

Bubba wrote:
Roy Batty wrote:

Had a look on ebay for an Ibanez FL9 Flanger recently in a fit of nostalgia; McGeoch used one and I used to have one. Some loony wants more than TWO HUNDRED QUID for his 80s vintage one! :cuckoo:
for johns ibanez ? that could be his daughter, she flogs allsorts of his stuff on there, she had a load of his clothes not too long back for sale
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

It wasn't John's actual pedal, no. I hadn't seen the page, but I've asked for an add. :)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Manchester tickets booked, looks like I got back from hols just in time. 8)
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Re: MAGAZINE to reform

Post by philjxn »

Yayyy....got my nice shiny tickets today...sent to Toronto Canada...impressive
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...