What string gauge are you using on your electric guitar?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

pigeon wrote:been up some cunning stunts jim? :lol:
:?: :oops: :lol:

claire
Claireinblack
kent
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Bubba wrote:I too am a raving heemasex, by that criterion. :grin:

Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, 9 - 42 What are you using for fingers, Arthur... steel pincers? :?
9's and 50w marsh valvestate. Gerrit turned up :lol:

How did ya audition go BTW? Looking forward to seeing ya all in action. :smt023
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

You may find this hard to believe but I haven't change strings on most of my guitars for about 18 months until this last week or so!
:lol:
Seriously! ok they get a bit filthy & sound a bit dull but they never break (good thing about thicker gauges)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Bubba wrote:I too am a raving heemasex, by that criterion. :grin:

Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, 9 - 42 What are you using for fingers, Arthur... steel pincers? :?
I started off on 9's and just worked my way up, far better tone with 11's & 12's.

Btw Stevie Ray Vaughan apparently used to use a .016 on his top E before he settled on .013's on his Strats and goodness knows what else on the rest!
He may have been tuned to Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb, but still it would have been like bending telegraph wires.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: What string gauge are you using on your electric guitar?

suchi wrote:I buy 'em in bulk 24 sets a time off ebay from a florida company, take less than a week to arriva free postage too....work out about £2.99 a set which is pretty VFM when ya pay well over £5 a set in the UK.

£2.99!? Sounds like a bargain. The Rotos aren't that cheap I guess at £4.49, still cheaper than the Les Paul Gibson Vintage Reissues I was using, now @ £6.49! gone up a quid already I see.
Fook!
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
suchi wrote:I buy 'em in bulk 24 sets a time off ebay from a florida company, take less than a week to arriva free postage too....work out about £2.99 a set which is pretty VFM when ya pay well over £5 a set in the UK.

£2.99!? Sounds like a bargain. The Rotos aren't that cheap I guess at £4.49, still cheaper than the Les Paul Gibson Vintage Reissues I was using, now @ £6.49! gone up a quid already I see.
Fook!
Yeah get 'em thru t'bay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mw-uksales
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

suchi wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:

Fook!
Yeah get 'em thru t'bay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mw-uksales
Cheers Dood 8)
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:Alias - I bought another set of D'Addario Custom Lights for the electro acoustic and we are back in business. :grin:
:oops: Soz again mate, I should never have let Yellowcake try his hand at tuning your guitar. :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Alias wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:Alias - I bought another set of D'Addario Custom Lights for the electro acoustic and we are back in business. :grin:
:oops: Soz again mate, I should never have let Yellowcake try his hand at tuning your guitar. :lol:
:lol:

No problem mate. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Kin hell these .012's are tough, I think I may have to go back down to Gay .011's.
:smile:
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

suchi wrote:
9's and 50w marsh valvestate. Gerrit turned up :lol:

How did ya audition go BTW? Looking forward to seeing ya all in action. :smt023
I went to look for a new amp last night, but the search was fruitless. :razz:

The audition went well; I just played to the CDs. I thought Shaggy was going to kiss me. :oops: ;)
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Kin hell these .012's are tough, I think I may have to go back down to Gay .011's.
:smile:
if 011s is good enough for the mighty hetfield, then its good it enough for me 8)