Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Things you fecken hate..........

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 09:41
Only for those living in/at primary and secondary targets - for the majority of the UK population, a nuclear exchange would be an agonising way to die and surviving would be an unimaginably bleak but brief existence.
Absolutely, although a lot of the military and industrial targets in Britain based on Cold War projections no longer exist. But of course there are plenty of likely targets in the UK, should such a situation ever arise. It’s been said that if Sellafield were hit by a non nuclear explosion it could leave half of Western Europe uninhabitable.
No doubt this development of the Chinese Supersonic missile will trigger a massive new arms race, with a magic money tree found to develop more deadly weapons, troubling times indeed.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 09:51
8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 09:41
Only for those living in/at primary and secondary targets - for the majority of the UK population, a nuclear exchange would be an agonising way to die and surviving would be an unimaginably bleak but brief existence.
Absolutely, although a lot of the military and industrial targets in Britain based on Cold War projections no longer exist. But of course there are plenty of likely targets in the UK, should such a situation ever arise. It’s been said that if Sellafield were hit by a non nuclear explosion it could leave half of Western Europe uninhabitable.
No doubt this development of the Chinese Supersonic missile will trigger a massive new arms race, with a magic money tree found to develop more deadly weapons, troubling times indeed.
Yes, enriched nuclear fuel if correctly and uniformly dispersed would poison everything.

This particular race was started by Russia but as with most things, China excels at copying and improving.

The arms technology race is inevitable - what alternative do we have at this stage other than fight fire with fire?

I don't know where the US are at with this particular threat as their Space Force was a Trump initiative and Sleepy Joe can't be seen to be furthering a Trump policy.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:04

Yes, enriched nuclear fuel if correctly and uniformly dispersed would poison everything.

This particular race was started by Russia but as with most things, China excels at copying and improving.

The arms technology race is inevitable - what alternative do we have at this stage other than fight fire with fire?

I don't know where the US are at with this particular threat as their Space Force was a Trump initiative and Sleepy Joe can't be seen to be furthering a Trump policy.

I think “sleepy Joe” is a lot more Hawkish than the outward image would suggest, look at the proposed Australian and UK alliance perhaps as an example. As for not following a Trump policy, his insistence on withdrawing from Afghanistan by the 20th anniversary of 9/11 come what may, shows he’s not immune to carrying on a Trump policy.
Last edited by Jake on 18 Oct 2021, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:10
8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:04

I think “sleepy Joe” is a lot more Hawkish than the outward image would suggest, look at the proposed Australian and UK alliance perhaps as an example. As for not following a Trump policy, his insistence on withdrawing from Afghanistan by the 20th anniversary of 9/11, shows he’s not immune to carrying on a Trump policy.
He carried out the Afghanistan withdrawal in name only - the whole operation was a political, moral, strategic and humanitarian disaster...but the way things work now everyone has already forgotten.

I doubt very much Joe Biden is running anything over there - he's a PR disaster when he's not closely stage managed. I haven't seen a single gaff of his presented on the BBC - yet, Australian networks seem to have a fresh Biden blunder every other day.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:16
He carried out the Afghanistan withdrawal in name only - the whole operation was a political, moral, strategic and humanitarian disaster...but the way things work now everyone has already forgotten.

I doubt very much Joe Biden is running anything over there - he's a PR disaster when he's not closely stage managed. I haven't seen a single gaff of his presented on the BBC - yet, Australian networks seem to have a fresh Biden blunder every other day.
Definitely a disaster, it’s disgraceful, it makes a mockery of the “justification” for the US led intervention in the first place. It’s like the Soviet withdrawal all over again, except worse because the Taliban have adapted to the modern world, and have their hands on advanced technology left behind, including sophisticated surveillance apparatus.

It’s not much of a choice, as is pretty much the case of politics in general, I’m glad Trump is gone (for now) personally, but not naive enough to believe Uncle Joe was ever going to be problem free.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:32 It’s not much of a choice, as is pretty much the case of politics in general, I’m glad Trump is gone (for now) personally, but not naive enough to believe Uncle Joe was ever going to be problem free.
Can you tell me why Biden is better than Trump for America? What changes for the better has he brought to the table - real world, not cosy concepts for the future.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:43
Can you tell me why Biden is better than Trump for America? What changes for the better has he brought to the table - real world, not cosy concepts for the future.
Toning down the rhetoric Trump espoused is a start. It’s better not having a load of idiots like the Proud Boys feeling legitimised by their President. Not being in complete denial about the climate crisis and labelling it as a “hoax” is also much more preferable, but I am sure you will feel differently.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:50
8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 10:43
Toning down the rhetoric Trump espoused is a start. It’s better not having a load of idiots like the Proud Boys feeling legitimised by their President. Not being in complete denial about the climate crisis and labelling it as a “hoax” is also much more preferable, but I am sure you will feel differently.
Again, what has Biden done since being in office for America that's better for the country - real policies and direction.
What you answered with is low end media PR spin.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 11:00
Again, what has Biden done since being in office for America that's better for the country - real policies and direction.
I am not a US citizen, perhaps you would be better off asking one of them if you really want to know how America has improved or not under Biden.

Maybe it is media spin, but it’s still preferable not having a US President who empowers members of the Ku Klux Klan, and the sort of actions seen on January 6th, Capital Hill.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 11:38
8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 11:00
I am not a US citizen, perhaps you would be better off asking one of them if you really want to know how America has improved or not under Biden.

Maybe it is media spin, but it’s still preferable not having a US President who empowers members of the Ku Klux Klan, and the sort of actions seen on January 6th, Capital Hill.
Well I have asked you twice in a polite discussion to put forward a case for Biden and apart from gutter press tittle-tattle and a public disorder act that got out of hand (which let's not forget, resulted in a woman getting shot in the face at near point blank range by a law enforcement operate for climbing through a window - to no media outrage whatsoever) your defense seems to be - like the apparent consensus of the US public - that at least he's not Trump.

A voting strategy the US will now have to live with as their country slides down the pan.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 12:58
Well I have asked you twice in a polite discussion to put forward a case for Biden and apart from gutter press tittle-tattle and a public disorder act that got out of hand (which let's not forget, resulted in a woman getting shot in the face at near point blank range by a law enforcement operate for climbing through a window - to no media outrage whatsoever) your defense seems to be - like the apparent consensus of the US public - that at least he's not Trump.

A voting strategy the US will now have to live with as their country slides down the pan.
I’m not here to put forward a case for Biden, I haven’t proclaimed to be a Biden fan, and yes at least he’s not fucking Trump. Are you a Trump fan or something? I don’t really understand why you seem annoyed over my having a preference, albeit a minor one for someone who doesn’t use the kind of rhetoric that arguably results in the kind of actions seen in Charlottesville and on Capital Hill, it certainly does nothing to discourage such things.

I can imagine how different the reaction would have been had protestors for Black Lives Matter, or anything perceived as left or Anarchist leaning would have been had they threatened to go and hang Democratically elected representatives. The threats made against Nancy Pelosi for example, the idiotic occupation of her office, total vile intimidation. Also, the way that the rioters on Capital Hill were hardly held back, and may in fact have been aided by some elements in the Police, this simply would not have happened had it been a group perceived as being more to the Left, they would not have even got up the steps before tear gas and what not were used. Yes, it’s tragic that one of Trump’s protestors were killed, that is an unfortunate consequence of the actions of the mob, the individual chose to get caught up in. Climbing through a window with a bunch of people chanting about hanging Pelosi, it was never going to end well.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 13:55
I’m not here to put forward a case for Biden, I haven’t proclaimed to be a Biden fan, and yes at least he’s not fucking Trump. Are you a Trump fan or something? I don’t really understand why you seem annoyed over my having a preference, albeit a minor one for someone who doesn’t use the kind of rhetoric that arguably results in the kind of actions seen in Charlottesville and on Capital Hill, it certainly does nothing to discourage such things.

I can imagine how different the reaction would have been had protestors for Black Lives Matter, or anything perceived as left or Anarchist leaning would have been had they threatened to go and hang Democratically elected representatives. The threats made against Nancy Pelosi for example, the idiotic occupation of her office, total vile intimidation. Also, the way that the rioters on Capital Hill were hardly held back, and may in fact have been aided by some elements in the Police, this simply would not have happened had it been a group perceived as being more to the Left, they would not have even got up the steps before tear gas and what not were used. Yes, it’s tragic that one of Trump’s protestors were killed, that is an unfortunate consequence of the actions of the mob, the individual chose to get caught up in. Climbing through a window with a bunch of people chanting about hanging Pelosi, it was never going to end well.
You seem to have got very agitated as soon as I simply asked for reasons for your advocacy of Biden over Trump - it's not about putting forward a case - you have your preference and I asked why.

Your response thus far falls in line with the usual 'orange man bad' line of defense - ie none, other than a vague silliness about far right groups and the Ku Klux Klan.

Your assumption that things would've been different if left wing groups got out of hand is bizarre - Antifa and BLM have been wreaking mayhem in the states since the George Floyd incident, and yes, they've directly attacked police stations, courts and government buildings, they've burnt neighbourhoods to the ground, murdered and terrorised people trying to pursue their normal lives.

You probably haven't noticed though because it's not in the UK papers or on the BBC and after all, Joe Biden told us "Antifa doesn't exist."

EDIT: Actually the BBC did cover one Antifa riot - it was the one where a group of MAGA supporters turned up and gave them a pasting - for some reason, that one was newsworthy - I wonder why?