Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Things you fecken hate..........

Post by Ravenette »

Drivel!!!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

"Attention UK fans! We’re excited to exclusively announce that the band are heading out on tour around the British Isles in March 2018...."

No you're feckin' not - as usual, you are ONLY touring Great Britain (Scotland, England and Wales)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

The lack of funding and resources for mental health services particularly for children and adolescents. And watching your darling child suffer.
No one can win against kipple.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Bag Lady wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 07:20 The lack of funding and resources for mental health services particularly for children and adolescents. And watching your darling child suffer.
I'm sorry you and your family are having a hard time. Mental health services are chronically underfunded, particularly, as you say, for children. We are letting young people down.

I hope you get all the help you need soon.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Yanders wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 10:44
Bag Lady wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 07:20 The lack of funding and resources for mental health services particularly for children and adolescents. And watching your darling child suffer.
I'm sorry you and your family are having a hard time. Mental health services are chronically underfunded, particularly, as you say, for children. We are letting young people down.

I hope you get all the help you need soon.
Thank you. We have been fortunate in accessing some help but there's a way to go yet. Feel for others in similar and no doubt worse situations who must feel trapped.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

If I were you I'd go on the Mind website and try to find out as much as I can, specifically, about your child's condition and what resources are available in the charity sector, particularly within the local area. Try to gain the best understanding you can for yourself and your child. Your local carer's centre should also provide you with practical advice and support.

Call me cynical but when it comes to the recent emphasis on child and adolescent mental health provision I am sensing a right wing agenda. In my experience the situation is often worse once young people approach adulthood. Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea for an unwell 17 year old to hold on in there under the care and support of a GP & social worker until they are old enough for an adult mental health assessment which, btw,won't guarantee them access to a woefully underfunded adult mental health service? In an ideal world early clinical intervention would enable children to recover before they reach adulthood. Thus, in the grand scheme of things, freeing up financial resources for Adult provision? Get'em all well and out to work paying taxes? I don't think so under our current government.

:oops: Sorry, Rant over! I hope you find someone who can help.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Niki Wu wrote: 11 May 2018, 08:11
If I were you I'd go on the Mind website and try to find out as much as I can, specifically, about your child's condition and what resources are available in the charity sector, particularly within the local area. Try to gain the best understanding you can for yourself and your child. Your local carer's centre should also provide you with practical advice and support.

Call me cynical but when it comes to the recent emphasis on child and adolescent mental health provision I am sensing a right wing agenda. In my experience the situation is often worse once young people approach adulthood. Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea for an unwell 17 year old to hold on in there under the care and support of a GP & social worker until they are old enough for an adult mental health assessment which, btw,won't guarantee them access to a woefully underfunded adult mental health service? In an ideal world early clinical intervention would enable children to recover before they reach adulthood. Thus, in the grand scheme of things, freeing up financial resources for Adult provision? Get'em all well and out to work paying taxes? I don't think so under our current government.

:oops: Sorry, Rant over! I hope you find someone who can help.
Thank you for the excellent recommendation of the Mind site (even if it reduced me to tears reading it). The local mental health service for children is so overworked (and, undoubtedly for multiple reasons, understaffed) that only those considered to be at high risk of severe self harm can get onto the waiting list which I've heard is a year long. No idea if the potential tax payers fare much better. Through a fortuitous conversation we've made a very good connection recently though. A long haul but maybe a glimmer on the horizon.

Mental health awareness week but today we have been dealing with the fallout from some unbelievably callous comments. Will not back away from this.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Callous? I do my best! :wink:
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Righty ho ...........
Arriving back from holiday in Croatia at Gatwick and getting through the airport in 20 mins flat , back at car within half an hour .....this is about an hour and a half quicker than the much nearer Stansted Airport , which I find dreadfully slow and impossible to get through customs and out within an hour THEN another hour to get bus back to car . Now you may bwe asking , why am I complaining when everything has go so much swimmingly better ...........well , airport was brilliant , can't complain about Gatwick one bit ( I find Stansted worse than shit as do a lot of people I know who have used it ) .........well , the bit I hate ...... get on A12 for Colchester , only to be detoured around half of Essex from Chelmsford adding another 20 miles to a 25 ish mile bit from Chelmsford to Colchester , a usual 45 minute journey from leaving M25 became a 1 and 1/2 hour journey all thanks to Essex County Council and their bloody road works division .....brilliant idea to do a whole 25 mile section of A12 all at the same time . BASTARDS .
Still holidaying abroad next year though and still probably Gatwick ( Slovenia is the plan , Llubijana ) ..... Essex CC might have finished the work by then , mind you at current rate all of Essex will be concrete by then as they systematically destroy all that is green to build houses .
All quiet ..........
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Am I the only person who has no desire to join the stranglers fleece book pages?
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

Your'e not alone.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

16-17 year old drug runners on their scooters thinking they are super hard gangstas.
Had a bit of an altercation with 3 of em just recently. Rude, arrogant, nasty little scumbag council estate tossers.

I hope they are all involved in a massive crash/pile up and end up paralysed in wheelchairs.
Thats the nicest thing I can say about them really.

:smt021