Man Of The Earth

Re: Things you fecken hate..........

Post by StanInBlack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 17:48
StanInBlack wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 16:09
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 15:08

I assume you’ve discovered that too?
:smile:
It's basic common sense, matey :smile: It's pretty difficult to "discover" something you're inherently aware of, after all. I would say that I'm delighted to see that you've caught up, but I'm not yet convinced that's the case :smile:
I’m talking about out in the real world Stanley and not the internet world sat from behind the safety of your keyboard.
:smile:
Yes, basic common sense also applies in the "real world" :smile:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Ooooh, it's getting all metaphysical on the Fecken Hate thread.... :shock:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

MiB81 wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 09:59 Ooooh, it's getting all metaphysical on the Fecken Hate thread.... :shock:
I hate metaphysical :grin: was that an Olivia Newtron Bomb song?
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Chelsea . Not the band , I like them , no the anti-football side .
All quiet ..........
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Jon the Impaler wrote:Chelsea . Not the band , I like them , no the anti-football side .
You’re not a sore loser then.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Boody wrote: 30 May 2021, 08:39
Jon the Impaler wrote:Chelsea . Not the band , I like them , no the anti-football side .
I am not Man City . It's more historic ....I'm Leeds and it's manifested itself more in the Wankhard era , can't abide Frank Wankhard .
All quiet ..........
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 30 May 2021, 14:48
Boody wrote: 30 May 2021, 08:39
I am not Man City . It's more historic ....I'm Leeds and it's manifested itself more in the Wankhard era , can't abide Frank Wankhard .
And the history between Lampard and Leeds is what exactly?
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

One word .....spygate !
Mind you Wankhard is a special talent......took a decent side , spent 250m on them and turned them into bang average . Chelsea -Leeds history goes back a long time , to the time I was old enough to get into football 1970 . There isn't much love lost between the sides and the 1970 FA cup final is said to be the dirtiest ever .I think nowadays under rules now it said that if it was now there would be more players sent off than would have remained on the pitch . Leeds would probably have just had Eddie Gray left on .
All quiet ..........
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 31 May 2021, 08:44 One word .....spygate !
Mind you Wankhard is a special talent......took a decent side , spent 250m on them and turned them into bang average . Chelsea -Leeds history goes back a long time , to the time I was old enough to get into football 1970 . There isn't much love lost between the sides and the 1970 FA cup final is said to be the dirtiest ever .I think nowadays under rules now it said that if it was now there would be more players sent off than would have remained on the pitch . Leeds would probably have just had Eddie Gray left on .
I watched that cup final recently, the replay at OT. And agree it was'nt pretty. Got me thinking how many of the current overpaid drama queens in the premiership would have lasted the first half.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

cerdan6899 wrote: 31 May 2021, 09:04
I watched that cup final recently, the replay at OT. And agree it was'nt pretty. Got me thinking how many of the current overpaid drama queens in the premiership would have lasted the first half.
I think they would cower in a corner crying their eyes out .Chelsea had chopper Harris , Leeds bite your legs Hunter ..........just a couple of nicknames back then , but for a reason .All sides then had a few hatchet men , it was just how the game had developed . Now sides want to protect their multi million investments (rightly so ) , but it's powder puff stuff now , more akin to ballet than football as I grew up with . If I played now I wouldn't be on the pitch for more than 5 minutes , and that's not fitness I am on about as I can still run for 5 miles at close to 59 ( won't t say 60 yet ) .
All quiet ..........
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 31 May 2021, 11:32
cerdan6899 wrote: 31 May 2021, 09:04
I think they would cower in a corner crying their eyes out .Chelsea had chopper Harris , Leeds bite your legs Hunter ..........just a couple of nicknames back then , but for a reason .All sides then had a few hatchet men , it was just how the game had developed . Now sides want to protect their multi million investments (rightly so ) , but it's powder puff stuff now , more akin to ballet than football as I grew up with . If I played now I wouldn't be on the pitch for more than 5 minutes , and that's not fitness I am on about as I can still run for 5 miles at close to 59 ( won't t say 60 yet ) .
Sounds about right. Throw Brenner and Giles in and you have a good mix of skill and toughness. Giles's right hook on Keegan in the Charity Shield around the same year rates with any thrown in boxing in the seventies. I'm around the same age as yourself and play a bit of walking football. No 50 / 50's for me anymore..... it's two paracetamol, warm bath and setee for the day.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

I stopped competitive football in the early -mid 90's , mainly because I was picking up niggles that were interfering with my running..... I was in a club for running and was better at that than football , could run at a decent level ( under 30 mins for 5 miles back then a few times......not now !!!!!) . Running then became my choice , football was for fun but picking up niggles made it not so much fun .I guess what really did it was picking up 4 niggles in a match two weeks before I was due to do Nottingham half and it looked doubtful , I rested the two weeks , no excercise at all and did a best ever then of 1hr 25 mins . Now .....the running I do is just for fun , if I feel like it .Do more walking now in as scenic as possible places...........last week in Herefordshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire non a break.......Wyre Forest and Mortimer's Forest .Lovely scenery and nice hilly walks .I did race in Mortimer's about 10 years ago and looking at parts now , I really don't know how I did it ....looks worse now than then , one section was actually frightening now , back then both me and girlfriend just did it , no thought at all. Guess we are getting older and more careful . Now .....I hate that 😁, just to keep in line with the thread .
All quiet ..........