Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: Things you fecken hate..........

Post by Boody »

Burn e 77 wrote:The outpourings of false grief people post on Facecrook and others social media sites when an old washed up actor / singer or royal parasite etc pop their clogs... It's like an avalanche, some saddo posts a gushing message and like sheep all the other saddo's follow. You never gave a fuck when they were alive but to compete with other so called condolences you feel compelled to tell the world how empty your boring life will be now that they have snuffed it. Your posts aren't heart felt, and are usually totally false, just like the recipients of your fake grief... Your so called grief would be better spent on donating money or resources to our servicemen who unfortunately die in battle fighting religious fanatics at home and abroad.
Assuming that refers to Cilla Black, I heard Holly Johnson on the radio yesterday saying what buddies they were. WTF?
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

People who say 'you can't have your cake and eat it'. Really? Then what is the point of having the cake? It is the worst oft-used phrase ever: it is like saying 'you can't have your car and drive it'.

A close second is the over-use of literally. My wife once told me she had 'literally' died laughing watching something on the tele. "Really?" I said heavily intoning both sarcasm sand irony."Yes" she said without either.

Literally drove me nuts. 8)
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by laurie »

saminblack wrote:People who say 'you can't have your cake and eat it'. Really? Then what is the point of having the cake? It is the worst oft-used phrase ever: it is like saying 'you can't have your car and drive it'.

A close second is the over-use of literally. My wife once told me she had 'literally' died laughing watching something on the tele. "Really?" I said heavily intoning both sarcasm sand irony."Yes" she said without either.

If you eat your cake you no longer have it so you cant have your cake and eat it or you wouldnt have it
do you wanna
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

laurie wrote:
saminblack wrote:People who say 'you can't have your cake and eat it'. Really? Then what is the point of having the cake? It is the worst oft-used phrase ever: it is like saying 'you can't have your car and drive it'.

If you eat your cake you no longer have it so you cant have your cake and eat it or you wouldnt have it
I get that Laurie but it still makes no sense! I mean who would actually want a cake for non-eating purposes?? 8) 8)
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
laurie

Post by laurie »

saminblack wrote:
laurie wrote:

I get that Laurie but it still makes no sense! I mean who would actually want a cake for non-eating purposes?? 8) 8)
Very true but how would someone bending over backwards to help you realy help you?
do you wanna
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

This tennis elbow iv got at the moment

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Not being able to voice how you really feel about something, because you'll get crucified if you do.
So much for free speech. :smt013
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

builders who dont turn up. :smt013
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Emails asking me my opinion on everything.

Virgin Trains wanted to know how my journey was to London the other day and then I get another email asking how the journey back was. Then another email from the hotel asking me how my stay was, and then a further email for the chain itself asking me how my stay was too. Finally I then get an email asking me (on a scale of 1 to 10) whether the survey was easy to complete. :evil:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Realising that you are too pissed to post and it's not yet 8pm but yet knowing you'll have sobered up by 9pm.
No one can win against kipple.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Ravenette wrote:Not being able to voice how you really feel about something, because you'll get crucified if you do.
That's why we have a pissed up row thread. Man up for fucks sake!
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Ravenette wrote:Not being able to voice how you really feel about something, because you'll get crucified if you do.
That's why we have a pissed up row thread. Man up for fucks sake!
I feel the same way about a few things . So your not on your own

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."