Things you fecken hate..........

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Things you fecken hate..........

Post by 8088 »

jason wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 23:21 Why can't they say batswoman for women's cricket rather than batters for both?
Mean to that huge demographic of trans and non-binary cricketers :lol:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Cricket.

Howzat! :lol:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I don't like cricket

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 10:40 Please justify!! Firstly, what is a fooking Woke??
Have you never seen Star Wars? It's that big furry thing that co-pilots the Millenium Falcon.

I agree actually. All this woke and snowflake business has got out of hand and created a generation of permanently offended virtue signallers.
Let's Boogie
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

StanInBlack wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 21:37 It makes perfect sense to me. It's called progress, by the way, and the way I view it is that people who generally throw around words like "wokes" and "snowflakes" are generally anti-progress, or they don't like the idea of things progressing and leaving them (and their inevitably outdated attitudes) behind. This isn't a new thing and a natural consequence of generations of people eventually becoming set in their ways.
theraven1979 wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 21:50 Trump was the first person in the media to start throwing the "snowflakes" word around. Says it all really!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Here, here.

Seems to me that those who are offended by the notion of what they see as “woke”,fuckin hate this term, are the biggest “snowflakes” of all, offended by things such as equality based on gender, race, sexual orientation- get into the 21st Century FFS, it’s long overdue

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:27 Seems to me that those who are offended by the notion of what they see as “woke”,fuckin hate this term, are the biggest “snowflakes” of all, offended by things such as equality based on gender, race, sexual orientation- get into the 21st Century FFS, it’s long overdue
You might be shocked to find the the equality you mention has been around for a long time, particularly in the UK - it's enshrined in law.

There's a distinction between the basic principles of humanity and liberty and pandering to an infinitesimal minority of spoiled brats.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

8088 wrote:
Jake wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:27 Seems to me that those who are offended by the notion of what they see as “woke”,fuckin hate this term, are the biggest “snowflakes” of all, offended by things such as equality based on gender, race, sexual orientation- get into the 21st Century FFS, it’s long overdue
You might be shocked to find the the equality you mention has been around for a long time, particularly in the UK - it's enshrined in law.

There's a distinction between the basic principles of humanity and liberty and pandering to an infinitesimal minority of spoiled brats.
Yes it’s enshrined in law. Which makes the typical 20% odd gender pay gap all the more baffling.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.

Post by 8088 »

Boody wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:35 Yes it’s enshrined in law. Which makes the typical 20% odd gender pay gap all the more baffling.
I've yet to see an employer state, "salary dependent on gender" - you can't legislate against personal discrimination as much as you can't legislate against ignorance and stupidity.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:33

You are certainly entitled to your opinion
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Boody wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:35 Yes it’s enshrined in law. Which makes the typical 20% odd gender pay gap all the more baffling.
That’s a very good point could not agree more. Unfortunately the existence of laws does not guarantee enforcement.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:47
8088 wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:33

You are certainly entitled to your opinion
It is perhaps the silliest example but can you tell me then why using "batters" is such a leap forward and for whom? What palpable injustice has been rectified - frame this against all the current ills of the world and tell me how time spent on this is justified?
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 11:53
It is perhaps the silliest example but can you tell me then why using "batters" is such a leap forward and for whom? What palpable injustice has been rectified - frame this against all the current ills of the world and tell me how time spent on this is justified?

To be honest it just doesn’t bother me, I don’t have a problem with using gender neutral terminology, it’s not a bad thing at all in my opinion. Conversely of all the things people could be upset about, getting worked up about gender neutral terminology is just pathetic (again IMO)