Bands you're glad you saw live......

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Bands you're glad you saw live......

Post by ravenlunatic »

Not many claims for Brotherhood of Man.......which rather puts me in the lead I think. 8)
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sword sparkle »

ravenlunatic wrote:Not many claims for Brotherhood of Man.......which rather puts me in the lead I think. 8)
I accept your Brotherhood of man and top trump you with Leo Sayer.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Sword sparkle wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:Not many claims for Brotherhood of Man.......which rather puts me in the lead I think. 8)
Dammit sir, you have me, though all is not lost.......I raise you Des O conner!
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

ravenlunatic wrote:
Sword sparkle wrote:
Dammit sir, you have me, though all is not lost.......I raise you Des O conner!
I saw Peters & Lee in Scarboro back in the 70's.
Dragged there by my folks, I'm sure Toiler would confirm.

It was a Summer Holiday thing, sure we saw Bernie Flint in Margate the year before.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Sancho Panza wrote:
MULLY wrote:RUDI 8)
Supporting The Jam in 81?
No - never saw them outside Belfast and don't think I ever saw them support anyone (always the headliners). Early days they supported The Adverts (and blew them off stage apparently) they were to support The Buzzcocks, but they were a no show and Rudi played as headliners that night. The Jets and The Raped (lesser lights of the punk scene) were unfortunate enough to have to follow them too - further gigs I didn't bother with.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Stranglers69
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Stranglers69 »

One for the Scotsinblack!
I once had the pleasure of attending a Christian (Chris McClure) gig in a local bowling club. Surprising good........or was it just down to the cheap bevvy!
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

Stranglers69 wrote:One for the Scotsinblack!
I once had the pleasure of attending a Christian (Chris McClure) gig in a local bowling club. Surprising good........or was it just down to the cheap bevvy!
Was Chris McClures brother Troy? From "you might remember me ......." fame or am I just rambling again!?
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
Stevie.T-'up north'

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

Angelic Upstarts with Max Splodge on drums. Leeds Adam & Eve's, circa '84
Sweat and shite and blood!
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Re: Re:

Post by Waffle waitress »

Alias wrote: 12 Mar 2011, 23:32
Alias wrote:Okay, off the top of my head I'd have to say, bands I remember seeing, and being glad of it include:
Bauhaus, Tones On Tail, Love & Rockets, Pete Murphy, Killing Joke, Undertones (with Fergal), SLF (with Dolphin), Cramps, Liabach, Toyah, Danielle Dax, Damned, Sisters of Mercy (with Marx), Bad News, Duran Duran, Marc Almond, Mission, Cult, Nick Cave in various guises, The Bolshoi, Spear Of Destiny (classic line up), Neil Young, Bowie, Iggy, Dylan, Beck, Echo & Bunnymen (with Pattinson & deFreitas), UB40 (before they were shite), Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, Gary Numan, Julian Cope, Television, The Shamen (when they were a guitar band), Psychedelic Furs, The Pogues, Joe & The Mescawhatsits, Charlatans, New Order, Four More Heroes, The Smiths, Mikey Dread, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Stones, That Petrol Emotion, The Who...I'm sure there's more...
Tom Waits, Rolling Stones, ACDC, Tin Machine, Zodiac Mindwarp, Wilco Johnson, JJ & Baz,
Hugh (with Caz on bass :P )
Nice list 8)
Norman Blake was sat across from me in a cafe this afternoon and it reminded me of this
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

Waffle waitress wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 19:18
Alias wrote:Okay, off the top of my head I'd have to say, bands I remember seeing, and being glad of it include:
Bauhaus, Tones On Tail, Love & Rockets, Pete Murphy, Killing Joke, Undertones (with Fergal), SLF (with Dolphin), Cramps, Liabach, Toyah, Danielle Dax, Damned, Sisters of Mercy (with Marx), Bad News, Duran Duran, Marc Almond, Mission, Cult, Nick Cave in various guises, The Bolshoi, Spear Of Destiny (classic line up), Neil Young, Bowie, Iggy, Dylan, Beck, Echo & Bunnymen (with Pattinson & deFreitas), UB40 (before they were shite), Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, Gary Numan, Julian Cope, Television, The Shamen (when they were a guitar band), Psychedelic Furs, The Pogues, Joe & The Mescawhatsits, Charlatans, New Order, Four More Heroes, The Smiths, Mikey Dread, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Stones, That Petrol Emotion, The Who...I'm sure there's more...
Tom Waits, Rolling Stones, ACDC, Tin Machine, Zodiac Mindwarp, Wilco Johnson, JJ & Baz,
Nice list 8)
Norman Blake was sat across from me in a cafe this afternoon and it reminded me of this
And your list please, Waffle- I suspect it will include some cracking bands...including T Fanclub. I wonder how far it goes back and whether you were lucky enough to see Joy Division.
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Palais23 wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 19:16
Waffle waitress wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 19:18

Nice list 8)
And your list please, Waffle- I suspect it will include some cracking bands...including T Fanclub. I wonder how far it goes back and whether you were lucky enough to see Joy Division.
😂 never seen the Fannies myself, but l texted a mate down south who confirmed that a) he loved them and b) they were the first band he saw, in 93. Afraid early New Order was the closest l got to seeing Joy Div

Liberez les Stranglers!
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Any more lists ? 8)

Liberez les Stranglers!