Dreams That Come True...

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Dreams That Come True...

Post by Organ Grinder »

1. Last night I dreamt that the pipes burst downstairs.

This morning I awoke to find the pressure valve in the downstairs toilet cistern bust overnight and the bog is flooded. (new carpets too!)

2. One night I dreamt that my aviation enthusiast Uncle Malcolm grabbed my arm and took me flying in a scene reminiscent of Raymond Briggs 'The Snowman'. Eventually he started flying skywards so fast, the feeling of acceleration was so intense and so real that I had to let him go and so floated back down to earth...

Next day I learned that Uncle Malcolm had died in the night! :shock:

Have you ever had any dreams that came true? I know there're more dreams I wish had come true like.... the time that really fit chick got her baps out and gave me a tit wa.. sorry - not past the watershed yet are we? :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Spooky!

The only one's that come to mind were sorta similar, the first one was when I was a kid and I dreamt my head was in a guillotine, ready to be chopped off then woooosh down came the blade. I woke up just as a wooden strut from my brothers (bunk) bed above me broke loose and thunked me on the neck.
The other time that springs to mind was when I used to live across the road from a motorbike shop, and all of a sudden in my dream this voice started (not unlike the voice in the Hawkwind song Sonic Attack if anyone else knows it) and said something along the lines off, "Prepare yourself for an all out Sonic Attack!" just as the voice finished, there was an almightily crashing sound followed by space-aged sirens and alarms sounding. I woke up to find that someone had done in the window of the bike shop, setting off the alarms etc.
Not all that fascinating, I know, but I've always wondered what the sequence of events was in these examples; did the wooden strut fall and hit my neck / window get smashed, and my brain incorporated it into my dream almost instantaneously, or did my brain pre-empt the actual event by a split second and give me a slight warning or summit?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I have experienced EXACTLY the same thing Alias! A couple of times I have laid semi-awake in a semi-dream (and perhaps nursing a semi?!) when I dream that the phone is ringing. Within nano-seconds of waking the phone begins to ring. It's almost like the brain is a few seconds ahead of normal time. I am sure there is a recognised psychical term for this phenomenon.... I'll dig me occult books out this arvo!

On a seperate note, a while back I would wake up at 02:22 every night. On the dot. It got to the stage whereby I knew what the time would be before I even raised my head from the pillow. Without fail, I would awake, look at the clock and it'd be 02:22. Explain that! Night after fucking night! I was born at around 2am so maybe it's something to do with that? Veeeeeeeery straaaaaaaange. :?
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Organ Grinder wrote:
On a seperate note, a while back I would wake up at 02:22 every night. On the dot. It got to the stage whereby I knew what the time would be before I even raised my head from the pillow. Without fail, I would awake, look at the clock and it'd be 02:22. Explain that! Night after fucking night! I was born at around 2am so maybe it's something to do with that? Veeeeeeeery straaaaaaaange. :?

Have you got your alarm clock set for 2.22am, by any chance?
That would do it! :twisted:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Dreams That Come True...

Post by theraven1979 »

Thought you were gonna say you woke up and you'd pissed yerself

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:1. Last night I dreamt that the pipes burst downstairs.
:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Alias wrote:
Organ Grinder wrote:

Have you got your alarm clock set for 2.22am, by any chance?
That would do it! :twisted:
Nah, he just needs to buy new batteries :P
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

Organ Grinder wrote:I have experienced EXACTLY the same thing Alias! A couple of times I have laid semi-awake in a semi-dream (and perhaps nursing a semi?!) when I dream that the phone is ringing. Within nano-seconds of waking the phone begins to ring. It's almost like the brain is a few seconds ahead of normal time. I am sure there is a recognised psychical term for this phenomenon.... I'll dig me occult books out this arvo!
About 5 times out of 10 if I have my mobile next to me, I'll glance over and Hey Presto! a fukin text message pops in! :smt017
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

No matter how tired or pissed I might be, I can tell myself to wake up at a certain time. I also set the alarm clock for that time but without fail, I will wake up with one minute to go before the alarm sounds.

Thank you God.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I do exactly the same.

And I can never sleep any longer than 8am - even back in the days when I'd club it until 2-3am I'd still wake up before 8am. I cannot lie in ever - just feels like I'm missing the day.

Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:No matter how tired or pissed I might be, I can tell myself to wake up at a certain time. I also set the alarm clock for that time but without fail, I will wake up with one minute to go before the alarm sounds.

Thank you God.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I hate it when I wake up just a couple of minutes before I have to get up. I prefer to wake, lie in bed for a good twenty minutes, think slowly about my day (what entrance to the pub I shall use, who to score my crack off, what credit card is not yet maxed out.... that sorta thing..) before finally dragging my bones out the pit. Waking up and instantly having to hop out is a sure fire way to get my back up before anyone has even said "hello" to me. :wink:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

On the subject of your dreams turning to reality, this is very weird, I have been having the same dream regularly for a number of years, I dream that I am suddenly woken by the noise of childrens television coming from another room, I leave my bed, then I have a shower and get dressed, go into the kitchen and make my lunch, drink some coffee and then go and spend 8 hours doing a dreary job until its time to go home and then the cycle starts again. And then when I actually wake up bugger me if it doesn't all come true!
Really, really strange isn't it? :(
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Can I just clarify one point on this programming yourself to wake up thing.

I will always programme myself to wake up at a certain time but that will always be 15 minutes before I actually have to get up out of bed. That to me is crucial. I cannot deal with waking up and immediately getting out of bed. The brain does need a bit of "boot up" time; just like a computer when you put into "Sleep" mode.

Whether it is healthy that you can wake yourself up after too little sleep or an evening's worth of booze is another matter. I just enjoy the facility I have been gifted with.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.