Ugly

Post by cassini »

altogether now .... "he's just HANGING AROUND!!!"

Cassini
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

As I understand it, while he remained alive there were always going to be some nutters who beleived that he would return as their figurehead and so they would never stop the violence. It remains to be seen if his final death will convince his followers that their cause is lost.
Also, due to his total control over the people for so long, I'm sure there are many everyday people in Iraq who still felt unable to express themselves or allow themselves to be seen as in any way favouring the new regime, for fear that Saddam may somehow escape and take retribution on them.
There is an old rule of thumb in warfare, that states that having conquered your enemy, you must move swifty to make him a ally or kill him straight away so that his influence is not allowed to linger.
The question of whether we are right to interfere in the first place is a whole new can of worms!
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
terry
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by terry »

The fact is that even though Saddam was a butchering dictator their are far more evil and monsterous leaders out there namely a certain Robert Muggabi, now lets not kid ourselves the reason the USA and Britain have let him away with his war crimes is because his country has absolutely no value to them.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

I find the whole thing distasteful. Not sure what the best thing to have done was. However, I'm sure though that publicising the whole thing and releasing photos of the man with a noose around his neck does nothing but make him a martyr to some. I don't like the thought that the results of recent actions could take a generation to die down.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

I dedicate the next song to Mad ass Saddam. It's called Hanging Around. To accompany it, I'm gonna get out an old copy of Strangled to read.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

That's what you get when you stop buying your guns, bullets and chemicals from The good old US of A.

There is no black & white, just shades of grey.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

They shoulda dragged him stark bollock nekkid through the streets of Baghdad until he'd bled to death.

Not exactly humane but neither was he, was he?

In the immortal words of Fletcher: He was a Cretinous irk!
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Organ Grinder wrote:

In the immortal words of Fletcher: He was a Cretinous irk!
But he always seemed such a friendly, warm guy from the interviews etc when he was on 'in power'..... :shock:
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Saddam Hussein has now been hanged.
Shouldn't we have just let him rot in prison? No threres was always a chance he could get oud again. It's better this way for everyone.
altogether now .... "he's just HANGING AROUND!!!" Yeah
DANIELLA
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

He certainly deserved to die,but there is 2 more mass murderers still at large.One of the cunts is staying at a fucking mansion courtesy of the bastard Bee Gees.Nearly choked on my cornflakes when I saw the saggy cunt grinning into a mobile phone in this mornings papers.Yeah 650 dead and counting,how does this cunt sleep at night.....probably rather soundly.
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

That should have been 650 thousand,and Terry you are spot on with your comments.