Running Dads

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Running Dads

Post by paulinblack »

There are a few of you that know AdyP on here. He's the man who threw the big blue pants onto JJ's guitar at Bristol here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXEEDfBGpFQ

Ady and a friend are running the London Marathon together to raise money for the Neuroblastoma Society. I must admit that I don't normally pledge money over the internet, but in this case I have made an exception and thrown in a tenner. (Probably because the story of Abbie Shaw made me think about the daughter that we lost)

I think Ady is a bit too shy to ask himself so I thought I would post for him. If you want to read about Abbie, see what Ady is doing and why then please follow this link:

www.runningdads.com/

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - probably an idea to bump this after Chrimbo as well.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Boing !
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Running Dads

Post by Alan A Hillier »

paulinblack wrote:There are a few of you that know AdyP on here. He's the man who threw the big blue pants onto JJ's guitar at Bristol here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXEEDfBGpFQ

Ady and a friend are running the London Marathon together to raise money for the Neuroblastoma Society. I must admit that I don't normally pledge money over the internet, but in this case I have made an exception and thrown in a tenner. (Probably because the story of Abbie Shaw made me think about the daughter that we lost)

I think Ady is a bit too shy to ask himself so I thought I would post for him. If you want to read about Abbie, see what Ady is doing and why then please follow this link:

www.runningdads.com/

Paul
Paul

Get them to E Mail Me directly and I'll see what I can do to help

Al
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
AdyP
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by AdyP »

PM sent Al Thanks for showing an interest!!

Come on the rest of you - think about the pain I'm going through!!!

Ade
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

AdyP wrote:PM sent Al Thanks for showing an interest!!

Ade
Put up an email address we can Paypal to and I'll definetly contribute mate.

Oh, and best of luck with the running/walking/limping :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Scoot
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Scoot »

Ade
Hi, Ady - I'm in pain, too, today. I've been running for about 9 years now - not very good but I belong to the local running club - Bexley AC - and like to enter races up to marathon (have done London four times, the first of which was in a 'stranglers' running shirt which I still possess). I was running in the Dartford 10 mile today and had to pull out after 6+ miles as my leg siezed up. Bit of a shame as I was on for a rare personal best. First time I've ever not finished which was a mite disappointing. Anyway, I'll be pleased to contribute and will sort something out with you shortly. Scott.
AdyP
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by AdyP »

Alias wrote:

Ade
Put up an email address we can Paypal to and I'll definetly contribute mate.

Oh, and best of luck with the running/walking/limping :lol:
Thanks mate. Paypal is adrian@ridgecroft.net but it's better if you donate via our website www.RunningDads.com and follow the link to our "justgiving" page where you can use a credit/debit card - that way the charity gets the tax back too. Actually, a cheque in the post is better than paypal who charge a fortune these days. Let me know if you need an address.

Thanks again

Ade - day off today after a "record" 10 miles yesterday - and not limping too much thankfully!!

www.RunningDads.com
Last edited by AdyP on 21 Jan 2007, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
AdyP
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by AdyP »

Hi, Ady - I'm in pain, too, today. I've been running for about 9 years now - not very good but I belong to the local running club - Bexley AC - and like to enter races up to marathon (have done London four times, the first of which was in a 'stranglers' running shirt which I still possess). I was running in the Dartford 10 mile today and had to pull out after 6+ miles as my leg siezed up. Bit of a shame as I was on for a rare personal best. First time I've ever not finished which was a mite disappointing. Anyway, I'll be pleased to contribute and will sort something out with you shortly. Scott.
Hi Scott. 9 years and 4 Londons - RESPECT !! I'm a running virgin having done my first "pant" around the block for 20 years last spring as part of my first "mid life crisis". Been building up slowly over the past 9 months or so and did my first 10 miler yesterday which I was really pleased with. I never thought that I'd enjoy it so much - I'm hooked!

I'm getting some pain/soreness on the inside of my shins after speed/tempo runs which is probably a result of increasing the mileage too quickly and my original shoes wearing out. I'm using Mizuno wave riders which I've read today don't last as long as others - but then as we're sponsored by Mizuno and they're free it's not a problem!! I reckon I've done 400 or so miles in them.

Hard luck for today, bummer to get injured. How's the leg now? I've not done any races yet and I seem to work most Sundays so maybe difficult to get any in before the "big one". If you live "dahn Sarf" we could perhaps go for a run together?

Cheers

Ade

www.RunningDads.com
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I will donate through the "JustGiving" link tomorrow. In the meantime, very best of luck Gentlemen.

:-)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
AdyP
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by AdyP »

PaulinLondon wrote:I will donate through the "JustGiving" link tomorrow. In the meantime, very best of luck Gentlemen.

:-)
Cheers Paul, much appreciated - be sure to leave a Stranglers related comment - it'll wind my running partner up no end!! Actually I've started forcing The Raven on him in the car and he says he likes it!!!

Alias - thanks very much for the donation - you're a top man!!

www.RunningDads.com
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

AdyP wrote: Cheers Paul, much appreciated - be sure to leave a Stranglers related comment - it'll wind my running partner up no end!!
:smt023
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.