What implement do you use to consume Pot Noodles?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Pot Noodle, fork, spoon or other?

Fork
63%
Spoon
13%
Other (please specify)
25%

Total votes: 48

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Monkeyboy wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Does anyone know anything about Pot Noodle etiquette ? for example:-

Do you have to wear a shell suit whilst eating these?

Jim
you need a bib and a roll of absrbent kitchen paper..and..you dont need a fork or a spoon (Thats for poofters) a real potnoodler 'man' will wait till it has cooled down a bit and then 'glug' it down like a pelican. eating a decent sized Salmon.......just cant be beaten when eaten like that
And a few doorsteps of bread and butter to dip into swilled down afterwards with a glass of Irn-Bru.
:grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Monkeyboy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Monkeyboy »

theraven1979 wrote:Surely throwing some salt on some worms then sticking that in a plastic cup would have the same effect only more appertising?

Jim

Jim

You are young....you need nourishment.......stuff like vegetables......orange juice..shit like that.which allows you to grow into the MIB person that you will eventually become

Us older people couldnt give a fuck.....we know we are dead men walking we want 'pot noodle'..and we are going to fucking have it......fuck calories.......fuck noureshment (That comes later when your being drip fed) fuck it all.........

POT NOODLE.....GLUG THAT SHIT INTO YOURE ARTERIES PEOPLE...............Do you care...do you give a fuck?.NO YOU DONT

Its cheap...its nasty and its a total relfection of society today

Do the rich eat pot noodle????????????/.Errrr No

They just have shares in the company
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Nice to see you back again Radar!
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Spikey©
Down In The Sewer

Post by Spikey© »

PaulinLondon wrote::shock:

The currently available products (and the sauce they contain) are listed below:

Pot Noodle
Beef and Tomato (Tomato Sauce)
Bombay Bad Boy (Hot Chilli Sauce)
Chicken and Mushroom (Soy Sauce)
Chinese Chow Mein (Soy Sauce)
Fajita flavour (Salsa Sauce)
Southern Fried Chicken ("Tangy" Tomato Sauce)
Original Curry (Mango Chutney)
Sweet and Sour (Mango Chutney)
Sweet and Spicy - formally "Nice 'n' Spicy" - ("Spicy" Sauce)
Sizzling Bacon (Tomato Sauce)

These products were either discontinued due to bad sales or were available for a limited time only.

Discontinued Pot Noodle varieties
Cheese and Tomato
Sausage and Tomato
Pizza
Spaghetti Bolognese, which contained spaghetti instead of Oriental noodles
Edwina Curry, Limited edition flavour inspired by the John Major and Edwina Currie scandal
Turkey and Stuffing, Limited edition Christmas flavour

These Pot Noodles are much larger than the standard variety for "Fat Bloaters"

King Pot Noodle
Bombay Bad Boy
Chicken and Mushroom
Orginal Curry
Pot Noodle Mini
Chicken and Mushroom
Beef and Tomato
Posh Noodle
Oriental Sweet & Sour
Spicy Chinese Chicken
Spicy Chilli
Here's a man that knows his own noodle ;) funny I don't remember seeing you in an anorak at the SBE pre-gig drink?? :lol:
Hey little baby don't you lean down low, your brain's exposed and it's starting to show...
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

Preacher man wrote:beef and tomato every time
yes it's b+t for me as well.
although sometimes a 'bombay bad boy' hits the spot.

anyone tried them, seriously HOT :smt019 :smt022 :smt030 :smt025 :smt023
....near the nearside window.....
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I am unsure whether I should be proud or ashamed of the fact that I have not consumed more than 3 pot noodles in my life, the last one being, I think, some time prior to the release of Dreamtime! (those 2 events are unconnected). Intrigued and eager to discover whether or not this object of such gastronomic desire, has improved in the last 2 decades, I went in search this afternoon. I was disapointed to find that my local shop contained not a single one, but was instead well stocked with fruit, vegetables, a variety of fresh and frozen meats and a number of other such healthy comestibles. I selected instead, a pork and pickle lattice topped pork pie which I can heartily recomend, though my curiosity regarding that afor mentioned de-hydrated feast remains. I shall look further afield and report my findings. :wink:
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I always eat my pork pies with HP sauce and a home made (hot) pickled onion or three. :smile:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Preacher man
Rats Rally

Post by Preacher man »

i like them pork pies that have a bit of branston pickle inside em.

Maybe only available at X mas ... ltd edition.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Spikey© wrote: Here's a man that knows his own noodle ;) funny I don't remember seeing you in an anorak at the SBE pre-gig drink?? :lol:
:lol: :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ravenlunatic wrote:I am unsure whether I should be proud or ashamed of the fact that I have not consumed more than 3 pot noodles in my life, the last one being, I think, some time prior to the release of Dreamtime! (those 2 events are unconnected). Intrigued and eager to discover whether or not this object of such gastronomic desire, has improved in the last 2 decades, I went in search this afternoon. I was disapointed to find that my local shop contained not a single one, but was instead well stocked with fruit, vegetables, a variety of fresh and frozen meats and a number of other such healthy comestibles. I selected instead, a pork and pickle lattice topped pork pie which I can heartily recomend, though my curiosity regarding that afor mentioned de-hydrated feast remains. I shall look further afield and report my findings. :wink:
I have been succesfull in my quest for a purveyor of that much discussed (or is that disgust?) "meal in a moment". Said establishment was found to have devoted an entire shelf to the product, thus leaving me in something of a quandry as to which one to choose. At one end, the humble chicken and mushroom-would this prove too bland and leave me with little desire for further experiment? At the far end, hot spicey chilie- pherhaps too extreme for a mere amateur such as myself? Would I run the risk of sensory overload on my first attempt? Opting for a compromise I made my selection and hurried home with chinese sweet and sour.
The basic concept of the snack suits me very well, that is to say I am a firm believer that no meal should take longer to prepare than to consume. Being as I am, unfamiliar with the secret world of the kitchen (it is to me a hostile zone that seperates the hall from the back door) I am also in favour of creating as little washing up as possible and pot noodles are to to this end, wholly agreable, though the situation could be improved yet further by the use of disposable plastic cutlery.
I must concede that initial impressions of the contents are not appealing, resembling as they do the entrails of some recently deceased woodland mammal. However, determined not to be put off I carried on, and have to say found the experience not entirely disagreable, and strangely comforting. If one likens a full sunday roast to a long term relationship, that is to say, familiar, stable and fulfilling, but ultimatley lacking in exitement. Then a pot noodle is surely a quick shag in a shop doorway with the tasty one who's been giving you the eye all evening,: instant gratification and excitement but with the whole thing slightly tainted with a feeling of guilt. I am unsure whether I shall seek solice in this plastic pot again, and I suspect the pork pie will remain my gastronomic preference.
I have however found that the empty container makes a very good receptacle in which to wash paint brushes, which is what I should be doing instead of typing this rubbish! :wink:
Kaoos
Down In The Sewer

Post by Kaoos »

ravenlunatic wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:I am unsure whether I should be proud or ashamed of the fact that I have not consumed more than 3 pot noodles in my life, the last one being, I think, some time prior to the release of Dreamtime! (those 2 events are unconnected). Intrigued and eager to discover whether or not this object of such gastronomic desire, has improved in the last 2 decades, I went in search this afternoon. I was disapointed to find that my local shop contained not a single one, but was instead well stocked with fruit, vegetables, a variety of fresh and frozen meats and a number of other such healthy comestibles. I selected instead, a pork and pickle lattice topped pork pie which I can heartily recomend, though my curiosity regarding that afor mentioned de-hydrated feast remains. I shall look further afield and report my findings. :wink:
I have been succesfull in my quest for a purveyor of that much discussed (or is that disgust?) "meal in a moment". Said establishment was found to have devoted an entire shelf to the product, thus leaving me in something of a quandry as to which one to choose. At one end, the humble chicken and mushroom-would this prove too bland and leave me with little desire for further experiment? At the far end, hot spicey chilie- pherhaps too extreme for a mere amateur such as myself? Would I run the risk of sensory overload on my first attempt? Opting for a compromise I made my selection and hurried home with chinese sweet and sour.
The basic concept of the snack suits me very well, that is to say I am a firm believer that no meal should take longer to prepare than to consume. Being as I am, unfamiliar with the secret world of the kitchen (it is to me a hostile zone that seperates the hall from the back door) I am also in favour of creating as little washing up as possible and pot noodles are to to this end, wholly agreable, though the situation could be improved yet further by the use of disposable plastic cutlery.
I must concede that initial impressions of the contents are not appealing, resembling as they do the entrails of some recently deceased woodland mammal. However, determined not to be put off I carried on, and have to say found the experience not entirely disagreable, and strangely comforting. If one likens a full sunday roast to a long term relationship, that is to say, familiar, stable and fulfilling, but ultimatley lacking in exitement. Then a pot noodle is surely a quick shag in a shop doorway with the tasty one who's been giving you the eye all evening,: instant gratification and excitement but with the whole thing slightly tainted with a feeling of guilt. I am unsure whether I shall seek solice in this plastic pot again, and I suspect the pork pie will remain my gastronomic preference.
I have however found that the empty container makes a very good receptacle in which to wash paint brushes, which is what I should be doing instead of typing this rubbish! :wink:
lmfao@ravenlunatic :smt043
BELLE 77
Down In The Sewer

Post by BELLE 77 »

fork first then the spoon for the gunk :grin:
THE ALKALINE TRIO ARE THE WAY