What implement do you use to consume Pot Noodles?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Pot Noodle, fork, spoon or other?

Fork
63%
Spoon
13%
Other (please specify)
25%

Total votes: 48

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

PaulinLondon wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:Yes, it is frightfully annoying. In fact it is almost as annoying as having a teenage girl standing slightly behind you, constantly sighing and tutting while mumbling words to the effect of "its my turn" and "will you be long using that computer", and then taking the expensive peice of hardware upstairs and forcing you to yet again retreive it, hours later, after she has gone off wandering around the darkened village, from her clothes strewn bedroom floor. Yes almost that fucking annoying!
And good evening to you all.
Good evening.

Most annoying but part of life's rich tapestry. Is the hardware a laptop ? I presume it must be.
It is indeed. And very liberating it is too. The ability to browse the internet while slouching in an armchair at the same time as half watching the telly certainly beats being exiled to a gloomy corner of the house in order to compute!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote: It is indeed. And very liberating it is too. The ability to browse the internet while slouching in an armchair at the same time as half watching the telly certainly beats being exiled to a gloomy corner of the house in order to compute!
My two little people are still miles away from keeping food away from the computer. If we got a laptop, the machine would be covered in Heinz detritus within a day and I would be on sedatives.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

I'm well into the Original Curry ones at the moment...with a spoon of course...
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Can't stand the bloody stuff meself.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

ravenlunatic wrote:
Kaoos wrote:
lmfao@ravenlunatic :smt043
I have once again found that this forum has led me to explore hitherto unknown areas of learning. I have already been led into the murky world of the pot noodle, and the results of my discoveries are outlined on the previous pages of this thread. A response to this post was sent by Kaoos as follows: LMFAO. This I have to confess, led to puzzlement on my part, what could it mean? This phrase was clearly not English, and this led me to assume that it must be a clever reply in some foriegn tongue, but which one? I am no scholer in linguistics, but believed it not to be western European in structure. Having had the pleasure of meeting (albeit briefly) the good lady, I felt confident that she is not of central Asian origin, and therefore unlikely to make use of the Cyrillic alphabet. This left the possibility of Latin, but some research drew a blank.
Deep thought drew me to Scandinavia, and for a short while I bacame convinced that LMFAO was in fact some referance to some item in the Ikea range. A detailed study of the catalogue provided by this company yet again led me nowhere, though I did come close with a rotating office stool and a range of childrens bed linen, but I had to conclude that I was not only barking up the wrong tree, but was in fact in the wrong sustainably managed pine forest entirely. Was the meaning of this mysterious phrase hidden within some complex cipher? Do the good people of South Wales routinely make use of something akin to an Enigma machine in order to confuse those of us east of the Wye valley?
A chance viewing of a website extolling the virtues of text abreviation proved to be my saviour, and I was able to conclude that what Kaoos was endeavouring to convey was LAUGHING MY FUCKING ARSE OFF! (I can only offer my apologies if my erstwhile ramblings have in some way contributed to this doubtless painfulcondition).
The following day I noted that Spikey had posted the following: LMAO, and I suddenly realised that here was a household that have elevated lexicographic economy to a veritable art form! Eager to embrace this new and exciting form of communication, I entered my local shop on the way to work this morning. I enquired of the young female assistant: PMT?(paper,milk, teabags) and clearly having an interest in all things meteorological, she responded: SOD OFF! (which I took to mean sunny over Devon, overcast for friday). Enjoying this new medium immensly, I replied: TWAT (tuesday was awfully thundery), this very nice young Woman pointed towards the door and said (in rather a loud voice it has to be said) OUT! (overall, unseasonable temperatures). I was keen to continue this happy discourse but felt that the people queing behind me were getting restless, and so I bade her farewell and made my way towards the exit, wherupon she wished me well with a hearty WANKER!(weather awfull, Northampton, Kenilworth, Evesham & Redditch). I thanked her for the warning and reasured her that I would endevour to avoid the prevailing band of inclement weather at all costs, and went on my way.

And so Kaoos and Spikey, I must give you my heartfelt thanks for this introduction to the world of abbreviations, and I would say to you both:
ARSE! which you are doubtless aware is short for ABBREVIATIONS REPLACE SHAKESPEARE'S ENGLISH. :wink:
Offically the best ever post on this forum.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Absolutely brilliant !!

:smt041
Claireinblack
kent
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

10/10.

:lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Well thank you, most kind of you to apreciate reading my ramblings.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

ravenlunatic wrote:Well thank you, most kind of you to apreciate reading my ramblings.

We do RavenLuny..!!

:smile:
Claireinblack
kent
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

But more important than my rubbish is this, Kaoos where are you?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Wales.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Yes Pigeon, Wales indeed. That exactly is my point. There was a time when these hallowed pages were strewn with commentry from the residents of those verdant valleys, but of late it has been all quiet on the western front. :smt102