What implement do you use to consume Pot Noodles?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Pot Noodle, fork, spoon or other?

Fork
63%
Spoon
13%
Other (please specify)
25%

Total votes: 48

Spikey©
Down In The Sewer

Post by Spikey© »

LMAO@Ravenlunatic, class review fella :D

I think i'll have a word with Lloyd Grossman and see if we can't get you on the judging panel of the next series of Master Chef....
Hey little baby don't you lean down low, your brain's exposed and it's starting to show...
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Bargepole for me. Can't stand them :smt078
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
ceebs
Rats Rally

Post by ceebs »

No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

ceebs wrote:This is truly scary....

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=290
(did you know there’s no real meat in a genuine pot noodle?)
:shock: :lol:

I attempted the giant Mars Bar a while back. Bit messy but totally edible.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Kaoos wrote:
lmfao@ravenlunatic :smt043
I have once again found that this forum has led me to explore hitherto unknown areas of learning. I have already been led into the murky world of the pot noodle, and the results of my discoveries are outlined on the previous pages of this thread. A response to this post was sent by Kaoos as follows: LMFAO. This I have to confess, led to puzzlement on my part, what could it mean? This phrase was clearly not English, and this led me to assume that it must be a clever reply in some foriegn tongue, but which one? I am no scholer in linguistics, but believed it not to be western European in structure. Having had the pleasure of meeting (albeit briefly) the good lady, I felt confident that she is not of central Asian origin, and therefore unlikely to make use of the Cyrillic alphabet. This left the possibility of Latin, but some research drew a blank.
Deep thought drew me to Scandinavia, and for a short while I bacame convinced that LMFAO was in fact some referance to some item in the Ikea range. A detailed study of the catalogue provided by this company yet again led me nowhere, though I did come close with a rotating office stool and a range of childrens bed linen, but I had to conclude that I was not only barking up the wrong tree, but was in fact in the wrong sustainably managed pine forest entirely. Was the meaning of this mysterious phrase hidden within some complex cipher? Do the good people of South Wales routinely make use of something akin to an Enigma machine in order to confuse those of us east of the Wye valley?
A chance viewing of a website extolling the virtues of text abreviation proved to be my saviour, and I was able to conclude that what Kaoos was endeavouring to convey was LAUGHING MY FUCKING ARSE OFF! (I can only offer my apologies if my erstwhile ramblings have in some way contributed to this doubtless painfulcondition).
The following day I noted that Spikey had posted the following: LMAO, and I suddenly realised that here was a household that have elevated lexicographic economy to a veritable art form! Eager to embrace this new and exciting form of communication, I entered my local shop on the way to work this morning. I enquired of the young female assistant: PMT?(paper,milk, teabags) and clearly having an interest in all things meteorological, she responded: SOD OFF! (which I took to mean sunny over Devon, overcast for friday). Enjoying this new medium immensly, I replied: TWAT (tuesday was awfully thundery), this very nice young Woman pointed towards the door and said (in rather a loud voice it has to be said) OUT! (overall, unseasonable temperatures). I was keen to continue this happy discourse but felt that the people queing behind me were getting restless, and so I bade her farewell and made my way towards the exit, wherupon she wished me well with a hearty WANKER!(weather awfull, Northampton, Kenilworth, Evesham & Redditch). I thanked her for the warning and reasured her that I would endevour to avoid the prevailing band of inclement weather at all costs, and went on my way.

And so Kaoos and Spikey, I must give you my heartfelt thanks for this introduction to the world of abbreviations, and I would say to you both:
ARSE! which you are doubtless aware is short for ABBREVIATIONS REPLACE SHAKESPEARE'S ENGLISH. :wink:
Kaoos
Down In The Sewer

Post by Kaoos »

ravenlunatic wrote:
Kaoos wrote:
lmfao@ravenlunatic :smt043
I have once again found that this forum has led me to explore hitherto unknown areas of learning. I have already been led into the murky world of the pot noodle, and the results of my discoveries are outlined on the previous pages of this thread. A response to this post was sent by Kaoos as follows: LMFAO. This I have to confess, led to puzzlement on my part, what could it mean? This phrase was clearly not English, and this led me to assume that it must be a clever reply in some foriegn tongue, but which one? I am no scholer in linguistics, but believed it not to be western European in structure. Having had the pleasure of meeting (albeit briefly) the good lady, I felt confident that she is not of central Asian origin, and therefore unlikely to make use of the Cyrillic alphabet. This left the possibility of Latin, but some research drew a blank.
Deep thought drew me to Scandinavia, and for a short while I bacame convinced that LMFAO was in fact some referance to some item in the Ikea range. A detailed study of the catalogue provided by this company yet again led me nowhere, though I did come close with a rotating office stool and a range of childrens bed linen, but I had to conclude that I was not only barking up the wrong tree, but was in fact in the wrong sustainably managed pine forest entirely. Was the meaning of this mysterious phrase hidden within some complex cipher? Do the good people of South Wales routinely make use of something akin to an Enigma machine in order to confuse those of us east of the Wye valley?
A chance viewing of a website extolling the virtues of text abreviation proved to be my saviour, and I was able to conclude that what Kaoos was endeavouring to convey was LAUGHING MY FUCKING ARSE OFF! (I can only offer my apologies if my erstwhile ramblings have in some way contributed to this doubtless painfulcondition).
The following day I noted that Spikey had posted the following: LMAO, and I suddenly realised that here was a household that have elevated lexicographic economy to a veritable art form! Eager to embrace this new and exciting form of communication, I entered my local shop on the way to work this morning. I enquired of the young female assistant: PMT?(paper,milk, teabags) and clearly having an interest in all things meteorological, she responded: SOD OFF! (which I took to mean sunny over Devon, overcast for friday). Enjoying this new medium immensly, I replied: TWAT (tuesday was awfully thundery), this very nice young Woman pointed towards the door and said (in rather a loud voice it has to be said) OUT! (overall, unseasonable temperatures). I was keen to continue this happy discourse but felt that the people queing behind me were getting restless, and so I bade her farewell and made my way towards the exit, wherupon she wished me well with a hearty WANKER!(weather awfull, Northampton, Kenilworth, Evesham & Redditch). I thanked her for the warning and reasured her that I would endevour to avoid the prevailing band of inclement weather at all costs, and went on my way.

And so Kaoos and Spikey, I must give you my heartfelt thanks for this introduction to the world of abbreviations, and I would say to you both:
ARSE! which you are doubtless aware is short for ABBREVIATIONS REPLACE SHAKESPEARE'S ENGLISH. :wink:
So sorry to have confused you ravenlunatic. It is too easy for some of us who regularly use chat rooms to forget that not everyone is savvy to the abbreviations. Having actually met Spikey on the internet (in a chat room) he and I often use this lingo. The unsuspected irony of your comment is that I'm actually at university studying for a degree in English Literature! What a shame my abbreviations won't help me there, as my essays could be a lot quicker to write. :oops:
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Kaoos wrote:[
So sorry to have confused you ravenlunatic. It is too easy for some of us who regularly use chat rooms to forget that not everyone is savvy to the abbreviations. Having actually met Spikey on the internet (in a chat room) he and I often use this lingo. The unsuspected irony of your comment is that I'm actually at university studying for a degree in English Literature! What a shame my abbreviations won't help me there, as my essays could be a lot quicker to write. :oops:
:smt006
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Spikey©
Down In The Sewer

Post by Spikey© »

Anybody confused by internet lingo should try having an MSN conversation with a teenager. I regularly chat to my nephew about cars and stuff and it is a nightmare trying to work out the shorthand, goes something like this:

ite! (hello)
wuu2 (what are you up to?)
nutin (nothing much)
cya l8r m8 (I'll see you later mate)

Seems these days you just have to make the words sound like they are right or close, numbers have replaced a lot of letters and it's ok to shorten words so that you just use the first letter. This, I suppose, has arrisen to cope with the SMS text length limit of 160 characters.

What i'd like to know is do they use this shorthand in the class room?
Hey little baby don't you lean down low, your brain's exposed and it's starting to show...
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Spikey© wrote:What i'd like to know is do they use this shorthand in the class room?
That's what I worry about.

It's only a matter of time before my son writes in his history text book :

"....and Churchill said to Hitler's ambassador, "cya l8r m8"............
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Ok, i've been sitting back and watching developments on this one. There appears to be a few out there who dabble now and again, but haven't quite got it down to an art yet. I have.

The spoon is the the tool of the trade, not the fork. I will soon show you how i know this.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Spikey©
Down In The Sewer

Post by Spikey© »

The Strangler wrote:Ok, i've been sitting back and watching developments on this one. There appears to be a few out there who dabble now and again, but haven't quite got it down to an art yet. I have.

The spoon is the the tool of the trade, not the fork. I will soon show you how i know this.
Video camera...you tube?

;)
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Kaoos wrote:[
:smt006
This really is a first class development, the complete abandonment of the written word, and its replacement with an animated smiley thingy! Marvelous! Things are moving on so fast in the world of communication that I am starting to be concerned that I may be left behind completely. With this in mind, I have decided to move things on myself, and so having seen the dull and old fashioned word replaced by a much easier to write, abreviation, and then this in turn replaced by the wavy smiley thingy, I propose to do away with visual comunication entirely and instead, I suggest we simply imprint our thoughts on to the screen and thereby abandon the keyboard altogether! And so to this end all my future posts will appear blank unless of course you are sufficiently entuned to my mindset and train of thought, in which case they will appear normally.