ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Seeing Inspiral Carpets reminded me that I had forgotten...Carter USM

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

paulinblack wrote:Seeing Inspiral Carpets reminded me that I had forgotten...Carter USM

Paul
For about a year,Carter USM were superb but then all of a sudden they just changed the style,believed the hype about themselves, and just disappeared...I think that they still both tour at the moment but i'm not sure if they do much Carter material.......

Anybody remember HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - again superb for 2 albums but then....
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

SLF,charlatans,faithless,embrace,rem,bluetones,manics.
Sewerite
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Sewerite »

Siouxsie and the Banshees, Pretenders, The Jam, Elvis Costello
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Killing Joke, The Chameleons, The Cure, Lords of the New Church and........................................hold on a minute...........................yup.................a bit of David Soul.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Killing Joke , Chelsea ( band not footie team ) , SLF , Motorhead , Blitz , Dead Kennedy's , Discharge , Lurkers . Guess there is a sort of theme with all those ( and many more similar ) but The Stranglers are by far the largest of my collection with around 80-90 singles from what I remember and loads of albums etc . Sad fool that I am ,I used to get all the imports & promo's when these used to be available .
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

..Sad fool that I am ,I used to get all the imports & promo's when these used to be available .[/quote]

Not a sad fool at all..I still do collect all the imports etc or anything at all that i don't already have...
Only recently managed to get Peaches Blackmail as well as some acetates (all genuine,not like some of the s**t being auctioned on ebay by a guy from Leeds....
I trade many live cds and dvds but i am still looking (like us all) for that one superb dvd from THE RAVEN era..Surely it must be out there?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

The Damned,SLF,Killing Joke,Sex Pistols,Skids,Pogues to name but a few..
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Vinyl - Stranglers (and associated solo, etc..) by far out-weigh any other band, but....

Rolling Stones, Oasis, Ash, Clash, Pistols, Ramones, Adam & Ants..

CDs - Stranglers..blah, blah, blah..

Oasis, Ash, Embrace, Bluetones, Elastica..

Both filter down through the levels. Vinyl (with the exception of The Stones, for some reason?, some Who, Brit R'n'B, obligatory Beatles, somw Stax) is mainly Punk/Post-punk stuff, several SATB, KJ, JD albums, singles to one-off albums - X-Ray Spex, Penetration, Boys.. Eighties was a big waste of pressing plants (in general) although some interesting stuff released - Rip,Rig & Panic/Pigbag and the bursting out of peacock era Adam - but 'Britpop' era revived my interest in collecting again and bands like Oasis were releasing both formats. This interest has still remained today, with latest purchase being 'The View' 7" & CDS (purchased on Monday) but still unplayed as yet - must get round to that!!.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Clash including Big Audio Dynamite + Joe Strummer/Mescaleros, Damned + Phantom Chords, Buzzcocks + Magazine, Lords of the new Church, Television Personalities, late Johnny Cash, Pixies, Lee Hazelwood, Green On Red, Giant Sand, Calexico, Inspiral Carpets, Manic Street Preachers, Shotgun Rationale (Sonny Vincent), Sister Double Happiness incl. Gary Floyd solo stuff, Zombies,...
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:
paulinblack wrote:Seeing Inspiral Carpets reminded me that I had forgotten...Carter USM

Paul
For about a year,Carter USM were superb but then all of a sudden they just changed the style,believed the hype about themselves, and just disappeared...I think that they still both tour at the moment but i'm not sure if they do much Carter material.......

Anybody remember HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - again superb for 2 albums but then....
Feck ! Forgot them too ! Try 'Achtung Bono'. That was a return to form as far as I am concerned.

Paul 'With Me Joy Division Oven Gloves'
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!