Moderator: StanInBlack

Monkeyboy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

BUDDY HOLLY (RIP)

Post by Monkeyboy »

:lol:

Cue Hovis music…………
Voice of Fred Dibner

Eeeee by gum…….I were born in 1956 and grew up in the nineteen hundred and fifties, it were reet grand walkin around in me brothel creepers and bootlace tie and by 1959 me fatha used to take us down’t coal mine we im of a Monday morning..that were a reet dirty old job I can tell thee and that old pit pony called Gerald could be a reet randy old bastard and used to fart all the time. I remember that well, I really do, can’t bloody forget the smell of Geralds rear end, aye, that were is name for sure. Northampton was a reet boring place (still is) in those days and nowt used to appen like, but I’ll never forget that day in February when I heard that Buddy Holley’s light aircraft had crashed in a snow storm in Albert Juhl’s corn field. I remember it like it were yesterday. I remember that Holly chartered a Beechcraft Bonanza, you know the one, the K35 all metal, with the 25ft 2inch wingspan and 0.0192 zero lift drag co efficient, maximum speed of 191 mph and a stall speed of 63mph, aye that were the one,definitely, I remember that distinctly, to take him and his new Crickets band Tommy Allsup and Waylon Jennings to Fargo, North Dakota. Richardson came down with the flu and didn't feel comfortable on the bus, so Jennings gave his plane seat to him. Valens had never flown on a small plane and requested Allsup's seat. They flipped a coin; Valens called heads and won the toss…(how shite is your luck chuck) The four-passenger Beechcraft Bonanza took off into a blinding snow storm and crashed into Albert Juhl's corn field several miles after takeoff at 1:05 A.M. The crash killed Holly, Valens, Richardson, and the 21 year-old pilot, Roger Peterson, leaving Holly's pregnant bride, Maria Elena Holly, a widow (she miscarried soon after).
That was the day the music died in our house I can tell thee.
On that day I remember being a reet moody little bastard and all the smells coming from all the windows and all that paint everywhere and the smoke from the trains on the Northampton railway line, you know the old Deltic diesel electric locomotive class 55 built by the English electric company from 1955, well, you don’t forget that smell in a hurry I can tell thee and it were reet amazing experience like, people all walking about not knowing what to say and all the farmers just stunned into silence standing in their fields saying nowt about nowt to owt and I sat up all that night playing Buddy Holly records we tears rolling from my eyes landing on my new copy of the Superman Comic, you know the February 1959 Titano the superape edition where Lois is MC for a charity do and superman turns a lump of coal into a diamond and donates it and Toto the intelligent chimp is launched into space only to return as a reet badass monster chimp renamed Titano,you just can’t forget all that stuff and even though I couldn’t read yet, the pics of Superman and Titano were reet great like. I remember doing that, I really do, I was reet gutted, never really got over that trauma.
But any way, Jah rule Buddy Holly stay cool in those shades lad up there in rock n roll heaven.

RIP Buddy old chum

:o :o :o :o
Eeeee crass lad don’t take thy sen so seriously flower its all a bit of a laugh.