YORK

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

YORK

Post by PaulinLondon »

Was up there on Wednesday night for meetings and a dinner and got back last night. Very nice town but the crowning moment was in the hotel bar at 1am yesterday and on came Skin Deep through the PA.

Made the whole trip totally fucking worthwhile.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: YORK

Post by theraven1979 »

York is a fantastic place. Love it in the Winter

Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:Was up there on Wednesday night for meetings and a dinner and got back last night. Very nice town but the crowning moment was in the hotel bar at 1am yesterday and on came Skin Deep through the PA.

Made the whole trip totally fucking worthwhile.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: YORK

Post by PaulinLondon »

The hotel overlooked the river. Really nice place and friendly people. Will deffo go back as soon as poss.

Paul
theraven1979 wrote:York is a fantastic place. Love it in the Winter

Jim
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

York! I love that place, spent lotsa time there.

Btw did you know that on 22 March 1739 the infamous highwayman Dick Turpin was convicted at York of Underpant theft, and was hanged at the Knavesmire on 7 April 1739. Turpin is buried in St George's churchyard, York, where his tombstone also shows his alias, John Palmer.

and...
York was built and founded in New York City in AD 71.
It was flown across the Atlantic brick by brick by Pigeons and rebuilt in Yorkshire in AD76.

also...
York is also noted for its wealth of pubs. The York area is said to contain one pub for every second of the year, although this is a little exaggerated.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

When me and Lammy went there in October last year we visited Dick Turpin's grave as it was behind the hotel we were staying in - It's VERY modest.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:York! I love that place, spent lotsa time there.

Btw did you know that on 22 March 1739 the infamous highwayman Dick Turpin was convicted at York of Underpant theft, and was hanged at the Knavesmire on 7 April 1739. Turpin is buried in St George's churchyard, York, where his tombstone also shows his alias, John Palmer.

and...
It was flown across the Atlantic brick by brick by Pigeons and rebuilt in Yorkshire in AD76.

also...
York is also noted for its wealth of pubs. The York area is said to contain one pub for every second of the year, although this is a little exaggerated.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

There is simply no other Forum like this in cyberspace. Not only do you get the chance to talk about the best rock 'n roll band in history, you also get excellent historical accounts on beautiful British cities and a step by step guide to extracting a lobster (cooked or fresh) from your backside. A simply fucking stunning centre of information.

and...

also...
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:There is simply no other Forum like this in cyberspace. Not only do you get the chance to talk about the best rock 'n roll band in history, you also get excellent historical accounts on beautiful British cities and a step by step guide to extracting a lobster (cooked or fresh) from your backside. A simply fucking stunning centre of information.

and...

also...

BURSTING FULL OF INFORMATION, indeed!
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

York is one of my fave places in the UK too (is it a town or a city?). Great in winter. Once visited York with some soft southerner mates - who got on the train in London in short sleeves, and arrived in York shivering like woosies in the cold. It was probably August as well.

Other faves are Richmond, North Yorkshire (cool market town - does the best chips & spamfritters in gravy in the world) and Norwich (aha!).
Rich
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rich »

kinski wrote:York is one of my fave places in the UK too (is it a town or a city?). Great in winter. Once visited York with some soft southerner mates - who got on the train in London in short sleeves, and arrived in York shivering like woosies in the cold. It was probably August as well.

Other faves are Richmond, North Yorkshire (cool market town - does the best chips & spamfritters in gravy in the world) and Norwich (aha!).
Tony

It's a City - as in York City Football Club. Also it has a Cathederal, which is the more traditional way of deciding what a City is or isn't - before all this 'awarding' City status malarkey.

Pub Quiz Trivia Question: What is the smallest City in the UK?

Rich.
wadey1

Post by wadey1 »

HUDDERSFIELD!
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Rich wrote:Pub Quiz Trivia Question: What is the smallest City in the UK?

Rich.
St. Davids in Wales
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:
Rich wrote:Pub Quiz Trivia Question: What is the smallest City in the UK?

Rich.
St. Davids in Wales
shit ! - i would have known that one - beat me to it. :cry:
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.