Biggest strike since 1926 apparantly.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

My daughter is , I like to wind her up at mealtimes etc and asked her what she was on strike for tomorrow. Her reply..........'No idea' , typical social worker type :lol: I do a fair bit of work for the council and loads of them are striking, because of their pensions this time.
They have it too fcuking easy, we self-employed keep the country moving........ or we don't eat 8)
Must admit, had a nice day off today,'cept this morning when I was chasing money. One company I do work for owe me £5k+, they gave me a cheque for a grand.......then had the cheek to ask me to do some more work for them :roll:
Then people ask me why I'm not very happy :evil:
johnsa
Rats Rally

Post by johnsa »

We are out tomorrow :wink: johnsa 8)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don't you have any payment terms? You should add penalties after 30 days - they'd soon pay then!

Lammy is striking tomorrow - she hasn't done it so far but she is tomorrow - they get a fuckin great pension. Must piss on your chips if you're approaching retirement age though!

Jim
Homer wrote:My daughter is , I like to wind her up at mealtimes etc and asked her what she was on strike for tomorrow. Her reply..........'No idea' , typical social worker type :lol: I do a fair bit of work for the council and loads of them are striking, because of their pensions this time.
They have it too fcuking easy, we self-employed keep the country moving........ or we don't eat 8)
Must admit, had a nice day off today,'cept this morning when I was chasing money. One company I do work for owe me £5k+, they gave me a cheque for a grand.......then had the cheek to ask me to do some more work for them :roll:
Then people ask me why I'm not very happy :evil:
The Raven
SHAKESPEARO

Post by The Raven »

I get day off school coz of the dinnerladies stikin :lol: :lol: :lol:
When your intern, or mearly ill, ill be right there, in for the kill
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

I'm on strike tommorow. a couple of facts about it.

The strike is about pensions, because the government effectively plan to raid the pensions of some of the poorer paid workers.

It is not a 'fat cat' pension anyway. the average pension works out about £31 per week. That is for people who may well have paid 6% of their earnings all their working lives.

before the election this strike was called off because the government hinted at a compromise, they lied.

The fire brigade, police, nurses and teachers all get far better pensions, but the government did not reckon it could afford to fuck with them because they have more 'clout' than binmen and dinnerladies.

I, personally, am a groundsman/greenkeeper. When I got the job 25 years ago, the money was shit, but the promise of a good pension was some consolation. I could have left this job many times for better paid work doing a similar thing, but the pension promises persuaded me to stay. I have worked outside in all weather for shit money in the hope that I may retire (to do a part time job) at 60, before the abuse my body has taken, takes its toll and shortens my lifespan!!! many of my ex workmates are already dead, they don't tend to last long when they finally get to 'put their feet up'.

and finally.....
the reason why their is a pension problem anyway is nothing to do with local pension schemes (where I live) that have performed very well.
It is because councils in the south of England neglected to pay what they had promised into the pension funds, so that they could keep the 'poll tax' low and keep their seats in parliment.

all true. :evil:
....near the nearside window.....
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Got the 2 young 'uns all day tommorrow due to the bloody strike.

PS2 8) , Harry Potter :P , Runescape :? for JJ(11).
Balamory :o , Fifi :? and Tintin :shock: for Emy(2).

If it's pissing down, we're not going outside, if it's clear, we might take a trip on the train through to Glesgae for some of the banter, and to find out where the ABC is for Friday night.

Although we're waiting on news of our new Rats' Lair(put an offer in tonight) and seeing who wants this place(got 2 offers already).
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Paul wrote:
and finally.....
the reason why their is a pension problem anyway is nothing to do with local pension schemes (where I live) that have performed very well.
It is because councils in the south of England neglected to pay what they had promised into the pension funds, so that they could keep the 'poll tax' low and keep their seats in parliment.

all true. :evil:
And therefore, transparency under the current Regime remains utter shite. No surprise there then.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Lookin at the time, i'm on strike today as well.

Total shit if you ask me. Complete waste of time. Got bad memories of the miners strike.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
cassydale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by cassydale »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
PS2 8) , Harry Potter :P , Runescape :? for JJ(11).
Balamory :o , Fifi :? and Tintin :shock: for Emy(2).

Runescape is excellent and very addictive,when my daughter first showed it to me i was hooked immediately and spent the next 6-8 months playing it.
Gonna go on today as im off work,not on strike having the car fixed.
John.H.

I Should Have Wrapped You Up And Kept You Safe,Instead I Turned My Back On You.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

On strike !!!! Get to work, my fcuking binmen ain't been today, council workers.....they have it too easy, eg, night on the beer,hangover...take the day off and still get paid for it.....self inflicted ! I know a girl, she was with me and the wife at a wedding, on a monday, she put in a days sick pay, went with the full intention of getting rat-arsed on the free wine, fell over while she was dancing after 2 bottles of wine + spirits, hurt her back...then she had six months on the sick,full pay,then down to half pay...she came back to work on 'light duties' ,and only half days. A council joiner I know, on the sick with a bad hand (?) full pay, and still doing guvvy jobs !!! yesterday and today .

People like this bring this country down. And if people tell me its wrong me saying this, well the answer is ...I pay their wages, I have a right to complain !!!

Rant over....and I will not get my coat !!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You got a sandy vagina today Phil?

Jim
Homer wrote:On strike !!!! Get to work, my fcuking binmen ain't been today, council workers.....they have it too easy, eg, night on the beer,hangover...take the day off and still get paid for it.....self inflicted ! I know a girl, she was with me and the wife at a wedding, on a monday, she put in a days sick pay, went with the full intention of getting rat-arsed on the free wine, fell over while she was dancing after 2 bottles of wine + spirits, hurt her back...then she had six months on the sick,full pay,then down to half pay...she came back to work on 'light duties' ,and only half days. A council joiner I know, on the sick with a bad hand (?) full pay, and still doing guvvy jobs !!! yesterday and today .

People like this bring this country down. And if people tell me its wrong me saying this, well the answer is ...I pay their wages, I have a right to complain !!!

Rant over....and I will not get my coat !!