names used on site

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Went to a Jimmy Smith gig at one of the venues in Leicester Sq many years ago. He was superb. "The Cat" has to be one of my all times fave tunes.
Jimmy was pretty much the God on hammond. Sadly I never got to see him live. Without his foresight you could safely say that the likes of Jon Lord, Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson, Dave Greenfield, Booker T, Ray Charles, Steve Winwood, Graham Bond, Georgie Fame and numerous jazz great players like Brother Jack McDuff, Big John Patton, Jimmy McGriff, Shirley Scott, Freddie Roach, Baby Face Willette.... would never have achieved their status as Hammond demons because he was the innovator who paved the way for the Hammond organ (namely the C3/B3) to be a leading instrument in modern music. Before him no sod had harnessed it's extremely funky and soulful potential in such a startling way and boy did Jimmy know it. The Jimi Hendrix of the keyboard world if ever there was one. Amazingly, Hammond never endorsed him even to the day he died and0 he practically made that company what it is today.

He died last year at the age of 79, which I'm pretty ashamed to say I only discovered last week in an old copy of Record Collector!

RIP Jimmy. 8)
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
HanGreenwell
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HanGreenwell »

in the absence of knowledge of how to comletely remove my twice posted comment, let me say
nothing
for once
Last edited by HanGreenwell on 15 Mar 2006, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
to see you worm and squiggle now that things aint gaaaawrn yo' way!
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I`m actually an alien.

TBC is a big girl alright. :lol:

Jim

maybe, but at least I can handle me beer, ya lightweight :lol:
Yes, ThruBeingCool is a butch-beer-handling h a w r t chick called Barry and she is lending me her yellow, sorry, lemon, devo shirt sometime soon.
I am female and my name, funnily enough, is Hannah Greenwell, actually, my full name is Hannah Greenwell Rosen but everyone calls me either Hannah H a w rtie Greenwell of Hannah H a w r tie Rosen and that is the story of my name, although I am considering changing it to Haw-rtHanInBlack cos it is unique but then again, I don't like to stand out from the crowd.
christopher

Post by christopher »

oh shut up greenback, I didnt want an in depth study :evil:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
janek
Rats Rally

Post by janek »

nobody asked, but let's make things clear anyway :)

jan is polish for john

janek is a more friendly form of jan

i'm male :)

that's it - i hope if someone thought i'm a girl or italian, now everything is clear ;-)
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

christopher wrote:oh shut up greenback, I didnt want an in depth study :evil:
Go and have a cry, weedgie! Booooo-HOO
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Im a bloke (well last time I looked I was)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling is a character of Peter Cook's. Peter Cook is a comedy hero of mine so I chose his name for this forum, I also like 'Teaching Ravens To Fly Underwater' quote due to it's Stranglers connection although Im sure The Stranglers have never taught Ravens to fly underwater nonetheless there is that Raven connection there.

Hannah Stapled-Lips now calls me Arthur Fanny-Grabber or something like that which is far better!
:lol:
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Started off on here as MattBlack but doninblack suggested my moniker should be 'Toiler On The Sea' 8) cause of where I work.

This raises howls of laughter from my workmates out here, as my job is not the most arduous or strenuous. :P
Layabout On The Sea doesn't have the same cache does it.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Im a bloke (well last time I looked I was)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling is a character of Peter Cook's. Peter Cook is a comedy hero of mine so I chose his name for this forum, I also like 'Teaching Ravens To Fly Underwater' quote due to it's Stranglers connection although Im sure The Stranglers have never taught Ravens to fly underwater nonetheless there is that Raven connection there.

Hannah Stapled-Lips now calls me Arthur Fanny-Grabber or something like that which is far better!
Snatch-Grabbler. Geddit right!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

HanGreenwell wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Im a bloke (well last time I looked I was)

Snatch-Grabbler. Geddit right!
:P
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

For Christopher!

...1-2-3 :-)

"WE'RE THROUGH BEING COOL! WE'RE THROUGH BEING COOL!!

ELIMINATE THE NINNIES AND THE TWITS!

IF YOU YOU LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN..
YOU MIGHT MEET A DOZEN OR TWO
YOUNG ALIEN TYPES WHO STEP OUT..
AND DARE TO DECLARE!..

WE'RE THROUGH BEING COOL!"

A 'Devo' song. That clear things up? :roll:

I doubt it :lol:
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

AH..glad thats all straightened out then...mine is philjxn....which is quicker than writing philjackson - and I think every name .....inblack from aaroninblack to zebeddyinblack was already taken when i logged in.

err thats it
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...