A bottle (or 5) for the weekend

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Post Reply
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33423
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Post by theraven1979 »

Exactly the same Paul


Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:Very sorry to hear your news Organ Grinder. Speedy recovery ! :shock:

It's interesting what Jim says in his last thread. It's the same for me. I can drink red wine til the cows come home and still make sense. After 4 pints of Stella, I become a danger to myself. I leave the stuff well alone.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12026
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Post by PaulinLondon »

theraven1979 wrote:Exactly the same Paul


Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:Very sorry to hear your news Organ Grinder. Speedy recovery ! :shock:

It's interesting what Jim says in his last thread. It's the same for me. I can drink red wine til the cows come home and still make sense. After 4 pints of Stella, I become a danger to myself. I leave the stuff well alone.
Jim - if you've got a Majestic Wine warehouse near you, Penfolds are doing a good deal on something called the Discovery Box. There are nine reds in there and 3 whites. The reds are great. So great, I've got one left.

The box of 12 is about £85 but should normally be something around the £120 mark according to the piss head manager I spoke to the other day.

Cheers.

Paul
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33423
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Post by theraven1979 »

Sounds pretty cool - I`ll have to check that out.

Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Exactly the same Paul


Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:Very sorry to hear your news Organ Grinder. Speedy recovery ! :shock:

It's interesting what Jim says in his last thread. It's the same for me. I can drink red wine til the cows come home and still make sense. After 4 pints of Stella, I become a danger to myself. I leave the stuff well alone.
Jim - if you've got a Majestic Wine warehouse near you, Penfolds are doing a good deal on something called the Discovery Box. There are nine reds in there and 3 whites. The reds are great. So great, I've got one left.

The box of 12 is about £85 but should normally be something around the £120 mark according to the piss head manager I spoke to the other day.

Cheers.

Paul
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
User avatar
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 6978
Joined: 14 Aug 2003, 17:37
Location: Tomorrow

Post by Organ Grinder »

Thanks for the get well soon wishes Paul!

Started off on Thursday with one of those 3 litre wines. A Californian Chardonnay at 13.5 ABV - blew my head off! Good stuff though. At various times the last 4 days I've had plenty of Jack D (my fave), Cava, Stella, Carling, Fosters, a bottle of french white and some dodgy strong bitter.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33423
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Post by theraven1979 »

Sounds like a weekend I had a couple of weeks back.

Reminds me of that scene in the Paul Calf video diary when he's at the shopping checkout throwing a conveyor belt of booze down. The checkout girl has about 60 cans of ale, 9 bottles of wine and various other alcholhic beverages. Turns to him and goes "Ooooo all this booze. You having a party then?" and he replies "No".

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:Thanks for the get well soon wishes Paul!

Started off on Thursday with one of those 3 litre wines. A Californian Chardonnay at 13.5 ABV - blew my head off! Good stuff though. At various times the last 4 days I've had plenty of Jack D (my fave), Cava, Stella, Carling, Fosters, a bottle of french white and some dodgy strong bitter.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12026
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Post by PaulinLondon »

Organ Grinder wrote:Started off on Thursday with one of those 3 litre wines. A Californian Chardonnay at 13.5 ABV - blew my head off! Good stuff though. At various times the last 4 days I've had plenty of Jack D (my fave), Cava, Stella, Carling, Fosters, a bottle of french white and some dodgy strong bitter.
Bloody hell !!! Suggest many jugs of water throughout the day and at 6pm........a fine glass of claret to start the evening. 8) [/b]
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
User avatar
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 6978
Joined: 14 Aug 2003, 17:37
Location: Tomorrow

Post by Organ Grinder »

theraven1979 wrote:Sounds like a weekend I had a couple of weeks back.

Reminds me of that scene in the Paul Calf video diary when he's at the shopping checkout throwing a conveyor belt of booze down. The checkout girl has about 60 cans of ale, 9 bottles of wine and various other alcholhic beverages. Turns to him and goes "Ooooo all this booze. You having a party then?" and he replies "No".

Jim
Recall having a very rowdy session at my local once and the barmaid asking my mate what the special occasion was to which my mate replied: "It's a Tuesday!" :lol:

That same mate once got into a ruck one night,

Mate: "I'd only had 7 pints of Stella, a couple of Aftershocks and a couple of vodka's...... so it couldn't have been the drink!"
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12026
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Post by PaulinLondon »

Am I mistaken or didn't JJ used to gig with a bottle of Jack D kept stage right next to his bass rig ?
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12026
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Post by PaulinLondon »

I'm in tonight and am really tucking into some good New Zealand white wine. £4 a bottle and it urinates on anything Burgundy has had to offer in recent years.

Have been on the piss with appalling client types for the last two nights and thought I would get rid of my boomer headache (all day and all of the night :roll: ) with some of the white stuff.

I find the white goes better with Nicorette gum than the red. Still miss the tabs big time tho.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Well I've now stopped smoking and drinking for a couple of weeks - Thought if I were to give up the weed then I should keep away from the Pub - I can honestly say it has been a breathe of fresh air - I thought it might be a bit more difficult, but it's like clearing out your loft - There's loads of shit up there that you know needs clearing out and when it's done you feel really proud of it

I never thought I would have given up - I've thought about it enough though (Normally at 8am when I have a hangover though)!!!!!

I think I might keep this going - I thought that the Pub was what life revolved around, but fuck me there is life outside the pub. :grin:

God I sound like a HIPPY !!!! AAAgggghhhhhhhhh !!!!! :roll:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5872
Joined: 25 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: All Roads Lead To Leeds

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Been on the old 'Water' again tonight. That is all I drink these days due to a dry mouth & dehydration due to taking lots of Opiates.
Hmmmmmmmmm Nice.
:-)
Fuck Snowflake Wokers
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5872
Joined: 25 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: All Roads Lead To Leeds

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Theresurearealotofthem... wrote:Well I've now stopped smoking and drinking for a couple of weeks - Thought if I were to give up the weed then I should keep away from the Pub - I can honestly say it has been a breathe of fresh air - I thought it might be a bit more difficult, but it's like clearing out your loft - There's loads of shit up there that you know needs clearing out and when it's done you feel really proud of it

I never thought I would have given up - I've thought about it enough though (Normally at 8am when I have a hangover though)!!!!!

I think I might keep this going - I thought that the Pub was what life revolved around, but fuck me there is life outside the pub. :grin:

God I sound like a HIPPY !!!! AAAgggghhhhhhhhh !!!!! :roll:
Yeah it's amazing innit how it makes you feel?
Also gotta say how good you can feel without eating anything for a while! Unfortunately I have been in and out of hospital many times and sometimes made to fast for up to 8 days. (I was on a IV drip of course but no food and even no fluids for a day or 2)

When the body gets all the crap flushed out it makes you feel a lot better and far more cleaner and healthy.

I guess I can understand why people go in for that Colonic irrigation, same kinda thing I guess.
Fuck Snowflake Wokers
Post Reply