A bottle (or 5) for the weekend

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Some interesting reading there.

I think there's a defined drinking barrier really. The pissed up bloke out with his mates drinking 15 pints of Stella a night or the bloke cracking open a bottle of red at the weekend. I used to belong to the first category now I`m in the second. I guess eventually I met end up in the tea-total arena

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

My above mentioned girlfriend never drank - bit of an ill-match all things considered, I guess! She grew up in a pub as her parents were publicans so even sitting in a pub bored her as it just bought back memories of sitting bored out her head for hours on end as a kid whilst her parents worked/drank. She wouldn't even have a glass of wine with a meal which I couldn't understand, I mean, wine with a decent meal is a must in my book! Her mum likes a drink and was fine on it but my burd would get the arse when her mum drank and they'd row. I asked her why she had such an aversion to booze and she said she didn't like being out of control. This lead me to believe (quite rightly) that she had a control freak type personality which I surmise came from losing her father (you can't be more NOT in control than losing a loved one can you?) so she avoided it because it took her to a place that had bought her so much unhappiness. I feel sorry for her that she won't accept the immense pleasure a gorgous glass of red with a meal can bring because of what's happened to her.

So the moral is: be careful how your behaviour affects your kids! Paul sounds like a very considerate and perceptive father IMO.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

theraven1979 wrote:Some interesting reading there.

I think there's a defined drinking barrier really. The pissed up bloke out with his mates drinking 15 pints of Stella a night or the bloke cracking open a bottle of red at the weekend. I used to belong to the first category now I`m in the second. I guess eventually I met end up in the tea-total arena

Jim
That's where I've arrived too Jim. It's the culmination of pubs and clubs getting to dangerous/expensive/shit these days and the fact the novelty has kinda wore off. I much prefer to go round a mates house with a few drinks or sit in with my music on, surfing the net etc... than go out with rowdy mates and drink 10 pints of Stella.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Organ Grinder wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Some interesting reading there.

Jim
That's where I've arrived too Jim. It's the culmination of pubs and clubs getting to dangerous/expensive/shit these days and the fact the novelty has kinda wore off. I much prefer to go round a mates house with a few drinks or sit in with my music on, surfing the net etc... than go out with rowdy mates and drink 10 pints of Stella.
The only time I seem to really "get on it" is when The Strangs are in town on a weekday evening. I will always take a half day off from work and indulge before a rendevous at SBE or wherever. My beer days are over so it is house red all the way. No complaints there.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

I do think that getting older/having kids etc changes your lifestyle and your priorities..but the real reason is i can't cope with the hangovers anymore( is it me or do they get worse as you get older?)!!!!
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

LAIDBLACKINKENT wrote:I do think that getting older/having kids etc changes your lifestyle and your priorities..but the real reason is i can't cope with the hangovers anymore( is it me or do they get worse as you get older?)!!!!
The getting older surely cannot help, especially if you mix some white and some red which I did last night. :roll:

Trouble is, after a long day at work, there is nothing I prefer more than to get home, rustle something up in the pan with music on in the background. It is my favourite part of the working day. And the longer it lasts, the more I sip.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

I like the sound of that Paul, i think i might mix a bit of white, a bit of red and maybe throw some cider in too..Cheers and bollox to the hangover and old age!!!!
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

LAIDBLACKINKENT wrote: and maybe throw some cider in too..
Now THAT, is a great idea ! :grin:
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Does anyone else here drink Omega, White Lightning and Diamond White? Don't care what anyone says, it's cheap and it gets you there.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I`m sure some tramps probably do Grinder :lol:

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:Does anyone else here drink Omega, White Lightning and Diamond White? Don't care what anyone says, it's cheap and it gets you there.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Does anyone else here drink Omega, White Lightning and Diamond White? Don't care what anyone says, it's cheap and it gets you there.
I give the cider a good slamming on a regular basis, but i dont go near that stuff anymore - its evil, even with blackcurrent.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

Tonight I'll be opening a particularly naughty bottle of Chateau Neuf Du Pape, hhhhm come to daddy..
Don Baterista