What are you reading at the moment?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Helen
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Helen »

I was looking at "Rumours of a Hurricane" on Amazon, it's got some good reviews. Do you need to read his first novel before this one Crass?

Helen
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Helen wrote:I was looking at "Rumours of a Hurricane" on Amazon, it's got some good reviews. Do you need to read his first novel before this one Crass?

Helen
No Helen, I didn't. Is it good too?

Like your avatar.

C R A S S
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

marcoshark
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by marcoshark »

Helen wrote:I've been trying to get me head around Von Daniken - "Chariots of the Gods", fascinating stuff, helps me sleep! :(

What drugs is that guy on?

Helen
I hear this guy is building an Ancient Astronaut style Disneyland.

Not to bust a bubble here, but what is not that well known is that Von Daniken was in Jail serving a sentence for "Fraud" when he wrote all that stuff. If you want better try "The Atlantis Blueprint" By Colin Wilson and Rand Flem-Ath. Best Nuts and bolts explanation on the whole Atlantis/Lost Ancient Astronaut thing I have ever read so far.

Also Books by Graham Hancock are also a fun read as well.
“1a) Never throw shit at an armed man.
1b) Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.”
― Larry Niven, N-Space
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I hear this guy is building an Ancient Astronaut style Disneyland

It's there already : www.mysterypark.ch

The fraud case has nothing to do with his writings and especially his early books are more than fascinating reads. He never claims he knows it all but brought some very interesting theories. Only a few scholars dare to admit he could have a point....

C. Wilson is really Science Fiction (emphasis on fiction). It's a good read but not convinving. Hancock and Bauval books borrow a lot from von Daeniken but have some great new discoveries as well and are (indeed) a fun read!

Been reading some Zecharia Sitchin, Twelfth Planet. I suppose Marcoshark would be interested in this. Or else Jet....
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
marcoshark
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by marcoshark »

evonx wrote:
I hear this guy is building an Ancient Astronaut style Disneyland

It's there already : www.mysterypark.ch

The fraud case has nothing to do with his writings and especially his early books are more than fascinating reads. He never claims he knows it all but brought some very interesting theories. Only a few scholars dare to admit he could have a point....

C. Wilson is really Science Fiction (emphasis on fiction). It's a good read but not convinving. Hancock and Bauval books borrow a lot from von Daeniken but have some great new discoveries as well and are (indeed) a fun read!

Been reading some Zecharia Sitchin, Twelfth Planet. I suppose Marcoshark would be interested in this. Or else Jet....
Colin Wilson also writes Fiction. I was more into his other books like "The Outsider", "The Occult" and, "Criminal History of Mandkind". Which are not Fiction. However he points out that Von Daeniken nicked his ideas from someone else. I think it was called "Dawn of the Magician"? I have read some of Sitchin and if you have read one of his, you have read them all. I have gotten a kick out of his 12th Planet playing cards!
“1a) Never throw shit at an armed man.
1b) Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.”
― Larry Niven, N-Space
Helen
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Helen »

Not sure about the book Crass, but glad you like the avator.

Helen
hardrockingpunk

Post by hardrockingpunk »

Kurt Cobain - Journals

amazing
The Little Nuclei
Rats Rally

Post by The Little Nuclei »

:) "No Fool to this Game" by Richard Buskin. An unauthorized biography of Sheryl Suzanne Crow.....very interesting read about the recording of her albums, the big-wigs in the music business....and the way they market and brand their "product". Makes u think what EMI are gonna do with The Stranglers !!!! ???
TMTLTH
Rats Rally

Post by TMTLTH »

"Animal Instinct" - great Biography of Def Leppard. What a band, real insight into some real Rock & Rollers !!!!!??? ???
Waiting........but not for much longer (fingers crossed)
The Little Nuclei
Rats Rally

Post by The Little Nuclei »

TMTLTH wrote:"Animal Instinct" - great Biography of Def Leppard. What a band, real insight into some real Rock & Rollers !!!!!??? ???
:D Indeed with song titles such as "Pour some sugar on me" and a one armed drummer !!! :)
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

TMTLTH wrote:"Animal Instinct" - great Biography of Def Leppard. What a band, real insight into some real Rock & Rollers !!!!!??? ???

Shame about their music. The hairdos were obviously more important :tosser:
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
TMTLTH
Rats Rally

Post by TMTLTH »

Yeah - but a one -armed drummer, how cool was that? :boozer: :cool:
Waiting........but not for much longer (fingers crossed)