Fancy that!

Jim *clearly bored*
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

and all tuned into radio bastard two in the vain hope that some twat will play the best thing from an established act in years.
fuck, if I had a decent bedsheet spare, I'd do a 'shipman'.
:(
....near the nearside window.....
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Is that a 'rarity' then Jim?

Christ on a bike! I feel like I've wasted the best part of a decade.

I mean, sure........ I bought WIR, About Time et al, but not ever on the day of release like I did with 1-10.

I was 25 when Hugh upped sticks, I remember thinking to myself, "Well, that's that then!" For those first 10 albums (+ everything else they released during that period), I was Johhnycommitedinblack! John Ellis was a known commodity to me, having seen him guest at gigs and knowing of his involvement with JJ and The Vibrators, but Paul? OK, I admit, my nose was a little out of joint. Myself, and others, thought........"Who the feck????"

I'll admit, at most 90's gigs I found myself almost totally blanking Paul. Nothing personal, it just felt like I had to do it at the time. Call it misguided loyalty if you like.

I continued throughout the last decade to visit numerous Stranglers websites, but my enthusiasm for Mk2 was never like it was for Mk1.

Maybe I've matured, maybe it was a mate implying me to buy Friday 13th (would have bought it anyway, eventually!), maybe I saw something in Paul at that gig that made me think, "Fair do's!"? , maybe it was my renewed vigour for listening to Mk2 material, maybe it was my intrinsic love of the band in the first place?

Shit....... I really don't know?

To cut a long story short. I feel like a 15 year old again, with the upcoming promise of a new Stranglers album, my acceptance that Paul's cool, in a Bowie sort of a way, Baz seems pretty good on geetar:p :p :p , the backgound boys (surely the finest Old Codgers in the music industry- thank God for Jet and Dave) and the fact that JJ is standing on the rock in the foreground:cool:

I couldn't be happier if Elvis had come in and asked for a spam fritter!

It's good to be back and thanks to all of you for entertaining me so much (and making me realise what I've been missing), whilst I've been lurking.

I'll shut up in a minute. Just thought I had to get it off me chest.
ycuf6