Ale.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Ale.

Post by Ruby »

Any real ale bores on here ? I am one and don't mind admitting it.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Ale.

Post by theraven1979 »

What brewery?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

theraven1979 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 21:01 What brewery?
Robinsons, JW Lees, Titanic,Pennine, Saltaire,Rat,St Austell and Taylor are some favourites of mine.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ruby wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 21:01 What brewery?
Robinsons, JW Lees, Titanic,Pennine, Saltaire,Rat,St Austell and Taylor are some favourites of mine.
Nice. Some good choices there (Titanic Plum Porter is one of my faves). You tried "Salts" it's Saltaire's second brewery. I also like Vocation, Deya, Cloudwater, Magic Rock. Some great stuff these days but weekends of £2 pints of Tetley's is more £5 a can of the above

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Not heard of Salts, will have a look.You are lucky in Yorkshire, more ale pubs over the hill.Apart from bottles in supermarkets I only get to try these cask ales as guest beers in a pub I frequent near Warrington.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Ruby wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 22:49 I frequent near Warrington.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

airflamesred wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 07:19
I'm sorry to hear that.
Ha ha.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I sort-of am, but not at the moment. I only drink in pubs, and the two around here that have a changing selection aren't open due to lack of outdoor space. I'm looking forward to getting back into it in May. I did have a few bottles over Christmas just for a change, but I don't enjoy drinking at home. They were "Abbott Reserve" (Abbott is pretty much my favourite on draught, but I don't see it on very often) and "Crafty Hen".

At the moment I'm on either Speckled Hen or Boltmaker, depending on which pub I am in. (Well, not "in", but you know what I mean.)

On the subject of JW Lees, one local pub that we used to frequent had their "Moonraker" on draught, which was a lovely pint, very nice flavour. Unfortunately I had to drive to work the next day, so I could only have two before going onto something a little less strong. After a while it went to the bottled version as I don't think they sold enough to warrant having it on a pump.

Other than that I struggle to remember which ones I've had and, even less, which brewery made them. I do tend to go towards the stronger end but really only because the stronger beers usually have a bit more flavour. Sometimes the flavour isn't very nice, so it backfires. Another one I very much like on the strong end is "Dark Ruby", and even though I now don't have to drive to work the next day, I still limit myself to a couple.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

I like Stod Fold, Vocation, Saltaire, Magic Rock.
Always like trying new or different beers as well.
A nice pale or golden for me.
Might go and sit out for a few this afternoon.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Halifax Linda wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 12:00 I like Stod Fold, Vocation, Saltaire, Magic Rock.
Always like trying new or different beers as well.
A nice pale or golden for me.
I prefer light/pale/golden ales myself.Around 4% abv.Not keen on strong and rich dark beers.Yorkshire is great for good ale.Envious.
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Yeah in Halifax we have at least 8 decent pubs for a crawl when open again.
Whereabouts are you then Ruby?
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

The other side of the hill, Linda.Widnes.Not as many good ale pubs around these parts.I went to Halifax a couple of times in the 90s watching the rugby at Thrum Hall.Had a few good pints there but can't remember the pub names.