RIP the Duke of Edinburgh.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: RIP the Duke of Edinburgh.

Post by theraven1979 »

The many racist jibes are unforgiveable especially for a public figure at that level. Also, with regards to the BBC they're total royalists as witnessed by the complete wipeout of programming yesterday and into today.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:41 I have a problem with the fact that the covid 19 came from a country which has diabolical wet animal markets, I have nothing against any race ie Asians, but I will take account with any country that has forced misery on a global population and mass deaths
Ah yes, making a scapegoat out of an entire country with a population of one billion based off the actions of less than 1% of that population that resulted in something that wasn't intended, planned or done on purpose. How intelligent of you. Unless you really do think they did it on purpose, in which case you're an idiot. Still, it's more convenient to blame all those folks that happen to look different to you, eh?
Greatkudu wrote:the point I was making was that the BBC had to mention the infamous Chinese joke on the day of his death, the Duke had a great sense of duty and hated formality and supported hundreds of charities so to concentrate on a bad joke is churlish.
I've been far too busy and have had far too much to think about and do to pay attention to even a fraction of the publicity surrounding Prince Philip's death, but from what I've seen you're wildly exaggerating. If anything I've seen his life and times, as it were, seemingly analysed from multiple angles of which his tendency to be borderline offensive is merely one of them.
Greatkudu wrote:I'm sorry I think the BBC is a total disgrace now, it was a great institution many years ago, but now tries to compete with ITV.
Mate, the BBC is fucking worldwide. On the world stage it isn't even a competition.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 21:25
Greatkudu wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 20:41 I have a problem with the fact that the covid 19 came from a country which has diabolical wet animal markets, I have nothing against any race ie Asians, but I will take account with any country that has forced misery on a global population and mass deaths
Ah yes, making a scapegoat out of an entire country with a population of one billion based off the actions of less than 1% of that population that resulted in something that wasn't intended, planned or done on purpose. How intelligent of you. Unless you really do think they did it on purpose, in which case you're an idiot. Still, it's more convenient to blame all those folks that happen to look different to you, eh?
Greatkudu wrote:the point I was making was that the BBC had to mention the infamous Chinese joke on the day of his death, the Duke had a great sense of duty and hated formality and supported hundreds of charities so to concentrate on a bad joke is churlish.
I've been far too busy and have had far too much to think about and do to pay attention to even a fraction of the publicity surrounding Prince Philip's death, but from what I've seen you're wildly exaggerating. If anything I've seen his life and times, as it were, seemingly analysed from multiple angles of which his tendency to be borderline offensive is merely one of them.
Greatkudu wrote:I'm sorry I think the BBC is a total disgrace now, it was a great institution many years ago, but now tries to compete with ITV.
Mate, the BBC is fucking worldwide. On the world stage it isn't even a competition.
Stan I'm not an idiot but its your opinion to call me one, let's agree to disagree OK. And if you ever worked for the military, you may understand the affection the Duke inspired, so I agree to disagree with you. Lt kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 21:44 Stan I'm not an idiot but its your opinion to call me one, let's agree to disagree OK. And if you ever worked for the military, you may understand the affection the Duke inspired, so I agree to disagree with you. Lt kudu.
No, this really isn't an agree-to-disagree situation. I flat out unwaveringly, unflinchingly think you're an idiot and I find your rhetoric - which you seem unable to defend, by the way (giving it the "lol yeh but let's agree to disagree" cop out) - toxic as fuck.

As for Prince Philip, I never really felt any attachment to him or any of the royals beyond the fact that they're good for Britain's economy and the way the country presents itself in terms of attracting tourism etc. Still, losing a family member sucks no matter who you are and the royals aren't exempt from that.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 21:59
Greatkudu wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 21:44 Stan I'm not an idiot but its your opinion to call me one, let's agree to disagree OK. And if you ever worked for the military, you may understand the affection the Duke inspired, so I agree to disagree with you. Lt kudu.
No, this really isn't an agree-to-disagree situation. I flat out unwaveringly, unflinchingly think you're an idiot and I find your rhetoric - which you seem unable to defend, by the way (giving it the "lol yeh but let's agree to disagree" cop out) - toxic as fuck.

As for Prince Philip, I never really felt any attachment to him or any of the royals beyond the fact that they're good for Britain's economy and the way the country presents itself in terms of attracting tourism etc. Still, losing a family member sucks no matter who you are and the royals aren't exempt from that.
OK fair enough, well to be honest enough people know and respect me, so with all respect think what you want.Lt Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

OK, can we all just move on now, and talk about
the "spear throwing" "gaffe" next :lol:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 14:41 OK, can we all just move on now, and talk about
the "spear throwing" "gaffe" next :lol:
Ha ha ha, rip the Duke. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 22:12

OK fair enough, well to be honest enough people know and respect me, so with all respect think what you want.Lt Kudu.
Leave it mate, he’s just not worth it and has really been showing his true colours for a long time now and most forum members realise that, some don’t post anymore as the forum is no longer the great place it once was. It’s a shame.
:?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"leave it mate" :lol:

If someone wishes to leave the forum due to being called out for supporting someone's racist "gaffs" then the exits that way. Bye!

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:27

Leave it mate, he’s just not worth it and has really been showing his true colours for a long time now and most forum members realise that, some don’t post anymore as the forum is no longer the great place it once was. It’s a shame.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

theraven1979 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:33 "leave it mate" :lol:

If someone wishes to leave the forum due to being called out for supporting someone's racist "gaffs" then the exits that way. Bye!

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:27

I visit a few forums and have done so over the last 21 years and not one of the Moderators ever insulted the forum members. I guess from the safety of ones home sat behind a keyboard the moderator here thinks it ok to do so, very adult like, very tough.
Also if people keep leaving the forum then it’ll just end up like a ghost town with just the odd 4 or 5 regularly posting. A bit like now to be honest. I’m assuming it’s best to keep as many members posting here as you can as it’ll be pointless to continue with the forum otherwise, unless that’s the plan of course?
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 12 Apr 2021, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What are you referring to?

*editing my post in a response to your edited post*.

In regards to people leaving the forum. People come and go. Usually in between albums and tours it's quiet on here. It doesn't make any odds to me if we go through quiet patches. No one should feel the need to post something just for the sake of it. There's little to discuss at the moment on the Hugh and Stranglers front.

Jim
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:42 I visit a few forums and have done so over the last 21 years and not one of the Moderators ever insulted the forum members. I guess from the safety of ones home sat behind a keyboard the moderator here thinks it ok to do so, very adult like, very tough.
The fact that I'm a moderator here is irrelevant in this case, if a person chooses to make a comment in a public forum - whether this be online or offline - that is clearly ridiculous then they should expect to be taken to task for it by at least somebody, it just so happens that on this occasion that somebody happened to be me.
theraven1979 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:50 In regards to people leaving the forum. People come and go. Usually in between albums and tours it's quiet on here. It doesn't make any odds to me if we go through quiet patches. No one should feel the need to post something just for the sake of it. There's little to discuss at the moment on the Hugh and Stranglers front.

Jim
Absolutely - there's very little going on at the moment, but once something more concrete happens - the reveal of the new keyboard player, news of albums coming out, people able to go to gigs again - then you'll see a surge of activity. There's always been lulls in between album releases, and of course we're in a position now where the forum has been going for a long time and we've picked over the back catalogue to death on here that it's getting harder to find something new to say about it. Hence the Hugh album topics, because we haven't really discussed those in any sort of real depth on the forum before.