RIP Sir Sean Connery sad news and loss.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

RIP Sir Sean Connery sad news and loss.

Post by Greatkudu »

Very sad news that Sir Sean Connery has died age 90,the best bond by a mile IMHO, and did some great films before and after Bond, he had a great life but I was a huge fan of him in Bond but me made loads of other great films, a fantastic icon and actor, mine is a vodka Martini shaken not stirred. Thanks for the films Sir Connery. Lt Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: RIP Sir Sean Connery sad news and loss.

Post by MiB81 »

RIP Big Tam
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

Greatkudu wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 15:07 Very sad news that Sir Sean Connery has died age 90,the best bond by a mile IMHO, and did some great films before and after Bond, he had a great life but I was a huge fan of him in Bond but me made loads of other great films, a fantastic icon and actor, mine is a vodka Martini shaken not stirred. Thanks for the films Sir Connery. Lt Kudu.
Agreed but he did live to 90 years, mostly in the Bahamas, was fabulously wealthy and shagged lots of stunning women so it's not all bad! :lol:
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

Shad so very shad . A true icon

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Did some excellent films . My fave would be Man who would be king then Robin and Marion . Not a Bond fan , in fact only ever seen Connery and Moore in the role , never bothered with the rest as IMO if you've seen one Bond film you've seen the lot , but it's what he will be remembered for mostly .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 16:34 Did some excellent films . My fave would be Man who would be king then Robin and Marion . Not a Bond fan , in fact only ever seen Connery and Moore in the role , never bothered with the rest as IMO if you've seen one Bond film you've seen the lot , but it's what he will be remembered for mostly .
Well yes he will be but made so many great films, I would advise watch Goldfinger again it is best bond film IMHO, best villains, cars and who could forget Pussy Galore? How the fuck that got through the censors fuck knows, Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger who was even the spoilt king in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and book written by bond author Ian Fleming,who worked in Naval Intelligence during 2nd World War, I've read quite a few of the bond books. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Mr Connery’s departure is a biggie, he’s been with us fans all our lives and like Clint Eastwood he’s a fave actor of mine. They were/are so cool as fuck and starred in most of my fave films which also has my fave soundtracks (John Barry RIP, Lalo Schifrin & Ennio Morricone, the maestro RIP - who also left the planet this year)
It’s been a shit week or so with Bobby Ball and now John Sessions leaving the building too.
RIP.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 00:18
Jon the Impaler wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 16:34 Did some excellent films . My fave would be Man who would be king then Robin and Marion . Not a Bond fan , in fact only ever seen Connery and Moore in the role , never bothered with the rest as IMO if you've seen one Bond film you've seen the lot , but it's what he will be remembered for mostly .
Well yes he will be but made so many great films, I would advise watch Goldfinger again it is best bond film IMHO, best villains, cars and who could forget Pussy Galore? How the fuck that got through the censors fuck knows, Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger who was even the spoilt king in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and book written by bond author Ian Fleming,who worked in Naval Intelligence during 2nd World War, I've read quite a few of the bond books. Lt Kudu.
I like a lot of Connery's films , damned good actor , but with Bond and spy films I prefer the stark cold war feeling of the Harry Palmer films..... With another great Brit actor , Michael Caine .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 16:51
I like a lot of Connery's films , damned good actor , but with Bond and spy films I prefer the stark cold war feeling of the Harry Palmer films..... With another great Brit actor , Michael Caine .
Yes agree about Michael Caine, I prefer the old time actors they seem to have far more character than modern day ones I love all the old timers most who have passed away sadly. Lt Kudu.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:48
Jon the Impaler wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 16:51

Yes agree about Michael Caine, I prefer the old time actors they seem to have far more character than modern day ones I love all the old timers most who have passed away sadly. Lt Kudu.
Yep, totally agree.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

Maybe he was the inspiration for the song 'Sometimes'? :lol: