Tinned Spam

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Re: Tinned Spam

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

Yep I think they should have quit when SPAM left. As far as I’m concerned it’s not SPAM anymore. But I have to say SPAM is a better SPAM than SPAM but not as inventive. I think they are certainly are better without SPAM, who never really fitted in even though he had a great SPAM, but it just didn’t suit SPAM. I think they should do one last SPAM but as a tribute to SPAM. Why not call the SPAM SPAM and the SPAM of unreleased SPAM called SPAM as well. Although in poor health, maybe SPAM could rejoin, just for a few SPAM. I don’t think SPAM would ever rejoin as there would never be a meeting of minds with SPAM. If they do decide to continue, it won’t be SPAM. They will have to change from being SPAM to CORNED BEEF.
how did I get down here, well it's a long story
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

clutchingmyteddybear wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 19:35 Yep I think they should have quit when SPAM left. As far as I’m concerned it’s not SPAM anymore. But I have to say SPAM is a better SPAM than SPAM but not as inventive. I think they are certainly are better without SPAM, who never really fitted in even though he had a great SPAM, but it just didn’t suit SPAM. I think they should do one last SPAM but as a tribute to SPAM. Why not call the SPAM SPAM and the SPAM of unreleased SPAM called SPAM as well. Although in poor health, maybe SPAM could rejoin, just for a few SPAM. I don’t think SPAM would ever rejoin as there would never be a meeting of minds with SPAM. If they do decide to continue, it won’t be SPAM. They will have to change from being SPAM to CORNED BEEF.
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Great work.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
teshka
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by teshka »

Niki Wu wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 17:53
teshka wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 16:49 Spam is especially good fried. I also like corned beef. Some of the cheaper processed hams are a bit iffy. Does this make me a spam snob?
What could possibly be snobbish about spam? Mind you I'd always considered it's near relative the plumrose bacon grill to be a bit more earthy and macho; something you'd eat with home grown fried tomatoes sprinkled lightly with sugar, either before or after a hard day's graft. Either way you wouldn't want to eat any of it on a daily basis; not unless you were after a premature death.
https://youtu.be/ab8cP26wjU4

If I am really lucky I might have a bacon grill 3 times a year. This is the allowance I am allowed by my better half who has much more will power than me.
Tomatoes sprinkled with sugar sounds great though and the sugar would melt so could be added surreptitiously and I would not get in trouble.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

:grin:
teshka wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 21:06
Niki Wu wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 17:53
teshka wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 16:49 Spam is especially good fried. I also like corned beef. Some of the cheaper processed hams are a bit iffy. Does this make me a spam snob?
What could possibly be snobbish about spam? Mind you I'd always considered it's near relative the plumrose bacon grill to be a bit more earthy and macho; something you'd eat with home grown fried tomatoes sprinkled lightly with sugar, either before or after a hard day's graft. Either way you wouldn't want to eat any of it on a daily basis; not unless you were after a premature death.
https://youtu.be/ab8cP26wjU4

If I am really lucky I might have a bacon grill 3 times a year. This is the allowance I am allowed by my better half who has much more will power than me.
Tomatoes sprinkled with sugar sounds great though and the sugar would melt so could be added surreptitiously and I would not get in trouble.
Cool 🤔
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

I remember the days when you didn't have to sprinkle tomatoes with sugar,
they just tasted that way already, sour auld fucker that I am.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

MiB81 wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 10:58 I remember the days when you didn't have to sprinkle tomatoes with sugar,
This was back in the 70's. The debate at the time was about whether a tomato ( like a strawberry) is a fruit, or rather if it is a vegetable. Sugar has often been added in cooking to remove the acid taste although you would expect some caramelisation anyway with frying. As an aside I was told by someone who was following a macro-biotic diet at the time, that tomatoes and potatoes are both related to the belladonna plant. Who was it said "you are what you eat"?
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Niki Wu wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 11:43
MiB81 wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 10:58 I remember the days when you didn't have to sprinkle tomatoes with sugar,
This was back in the 70's. The debate at the time was about whether a tomato ( like a strawberry) is a fruit, or rather if it is a vegetable. Sugar has often been added in cooking to remove the acid taste although you would expect some caramelisation anyway with frying. As an aside I was told by someone who was following a macro-biotic diet at the time, that tomatoes and potatoes are both related to the belladonna plant. Who was it said "you are what you eat"?
Ah, the age old question- is a tomato a fruit or not?
The answer?
Would you have it with custard?
Sorted.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

MiB81 wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 15:43
Niki Wu wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 11:43
Ah, the age old question- is a tomato a fruit or not?
The answer?
Would you have it with custard?
Sorted.
Indeed!
Thank you very much
EiTC