Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

PledgeMusic- any good?

Post by Boody »

I pledged for the new Vibrators album and the new Damned album then read lots of negative things about PledgeMusic. Anyone else got any experience of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Re: PledgeMusic- any good?

Post by Homer »

Bought one of Cornwell's CD's on it ... no probe and a good way to raise the cash.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've pledged for the next Killing Joke album that is a reworking of some of their old stuff with an orchestra. The only problem is you pay upfront and then may have to wait about a year for the album!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Homer wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 20:47 Bought one of Cornwell's CD's on it ... no probe and a good way to raise the cash.
Yes Totem and Taboo was Pledge and it was quite entertaining getting the updates as the album progressed. I wonder if he will do the next one through Pledge again?
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

jason wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 20:55 I've pledged for the next Killing Joke album that is a reworking of some of their old stuff with an orchestra. The only problem is you pay upfront and then may have to wait about a year for the album!
I've bought one or two things from them. I think the service depends on the project. I received my Killing Joke live CD within a week, but like Jason I have been waiting an age for the orchestral project. Not due until the autumn now, I believe. :(

They sent me a limited edition album that was damaged not so long ago, and it was replaced quickly and with no problems.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

jason wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 20:55 I've pledged for the next Killing Joke album that is a reworking of some of their old stuff with an orchestra. The only problem is you pay upfront and then may have to wait about a year for the album!
Which is, of course the idea of pledge :smile:

It's a good service as long as you want to wait
You do get some exclusives. Like I just got DDD signed by Sensible and Vanian
I like Pledge
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Ok thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Pledge is good, i have pledged for

Hugh Cornwells Totem and Taboo album
Ruts DC Music Must Destroy CD signed by the whole band
New Damned album
With The Damned i have pledged for the most. I got the "New Rose" limited Edition 7inch single, and the Damned,Damned,Damned 40th aninversary reissue vinyl signed by Sensible and Vanian. As i didn't own it on Vinyl previously, only CD. I like the video diarys the bands put up of making the album. There has been lots of complaints about it, like when the damned released the album on vinyl signed, they were only going to release 500. But because the original 500 sold out, there was a huge demand for more, so they released another 500. People werent happy with that.
I pledged for the Signed CD. They originally said it was going to be releaed in April this year, now that looks like it is not going to happen.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I've previously 'Pledged' or 'Crowd Funded' for.....

Penetration, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Ruts DC, The Rezillos, Killing Joke, Theatre Of Hate, UK Subs, D.O.A., Murder By Death, The Membranes, Vice Squad, Chelsea, and some other less well known artists.

They've all been excellent so far.

Just waiting patiently for the new one by The Damned.
ManInBrown
punkerdgray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by punkerdgray »

The only one I've bought so far is the damned live in margate on cd cost £22 in a flimsy digipack
a bit off a ripoff I wanted the vinyl but it was over forty quid very overpriced.