My Annual Miranda Hart award for unfunniest comic.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

marky
Ugly
Ugly

Re: My Annual Miranda Hart award for unfunniest comic.

Post by marky »

bit retro but for me spike milligan unfunny casual racist, the goons, monty python whats all the fuss about them ? toffs from oxford and Cambridge not funny then nor now
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by laurie »

For some reason just cant watch Keith Lemon
(Leigh Francis) just not my cup of tea
do you wanna
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Good thread. Funnily enough I thought it was me just being a grumpy old git. I find none of these current day ' comediens ' funny at all. As previously posted the old gang were much more amusing. I personally think that anyone who uses other people's unfortunate circumstances as a way to take the p#ss are sadly lacking in material. Was watching old Benny Hill clips on YouTube the other day and I laughed until I peed. ps Have'nt posted here for a while, hope everyone 's doing ok.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

But then I've never thought Benny Hill was at all funny. There's a few annoying ones, but most of the comedians I see now are on panel shows like Mock the Week, HIGNFY and so on, so it's a bit difficult to judge. I can't remember the last time I watched an actual stand-up set on the TV, maybe it was a Peter Kay one.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I like Stuart Lee, he makes me laugh sometimes.
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Sir Lenny Henry.

Hasn't made me laugh since he impersonated (Sir) Trevor McDonot in TISWAS.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I like Stuart Lee, he makes me laugh sometimes.
Good call, I like Rich Hall too and Lee Evans though he's jacked in being funny these days, officially. Unofficially he probably jacked it in 20 years ago.

Love most of the Python stuff, plus The Goodies. The Goons were another era & generation for most of us on here I reckon, they made their careers on that thing called a radiogramme :P but they all had their moments of brilliance, even Harry Secombe. Post modern humour and Spike was a genius if a bit of a twat at times. Hancock too but he still is more amusing than the vast majority of comedians these days.
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Greatkudu
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Greatkudu »

Bobinblack wrote:And the Bake Off bats, Sue Perkins especially, who told them they're funny? Christ they seem to be being promoted as the new French & Saunders (who I know some folk can't stand too but I like 'em).
I forgot about Perkins and the other one? Now they are in the stratosphere of unfunny,in fact they get the other "Miranda Hart" award for possibly being the two unfunniest comedians?

In the whole history of comedy,plus they make me want to shoot the screen (with a gun) when I see them,but for other reasons Andy Peters has that same reaction also Ant and Dec,but

i am running out of awards.Most comedy now seems to be post ironic middle class twats on about female private parts etc,the main offender the truely ghastly Miranda Hart,but I guess

i'm not cool enough to appreciate the post ironic middle class humour.I will just mention one person who was funny and that was the late great "Wilfred Bramble" of steptoe and son fame.
zontar

Post by zontar »

By their own admission, Pythons generated loads of crap. Also some good bits.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Surprised that the truly abysmal Mrs Brown's Boys hasn't been mentioned. :shock:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Greatkudu
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Greatkudu »

Hammer wrote:Surprised that the truly abysmal Mrs Brown's Boys hasn't been mentioned. :shock:
Yes an honorable mention together with the truly hideously unfunny ellen de generes,she recently got americas highest award for civilians for? being unfunny?
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

completely unfunny and probably a complete cunt in real life roy chubby brown