Big Sam The Greed Of The Beautiful Game

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Big Sam The Greed Of The Beautiful Game

Post by mickinblack »

Big Sam leaving the England job I believe was enforced by the F.A. I don't believe there was much choice but for him to go. I'm sad at this because I truly thought this man could do a job at England. But then he gets caught in a sting operation.

The man was being paid 3 million a year and bonuses, and he risks this for a 400,000 a year in a brown paper bag. This is nothing more that sheer and utter greed. But they say this reflects the modern game.

I recall back in the 90s fergie, ole big head Brian clough, George graham, Terry venibals who were the top managers then with others was all named in the house of Lords as being suspected of taking back handers.

The money is football today is obscene but gates are up. Football is so corrupt and clubs are run by so many greedy men who won't face any prosecution what so ever. Fifa stinks and the English football leagues stinks.

Who next for the job, myself I'd go for Glen Hoddle again or maybe Steve Bruce.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Big Sam The Greed Of The Beautiful Game

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I really don't know who the next manager should be - pretty much all the same - very average and I don't think Sam was any better than that either . Its a sad reflection of our game that the Prem can't supply ONE decent English manager , the last one to win anything of worth was Redknapp and before him I think Howard Wilkinson . Sam = well its stupidity , greed and arrogance - isn't £3m a year more than enough for anyone ? Why would he need more ? Why risk the job he always wanted ? I think there were suspicions years ago but the FA obviously ignored that .
Who then are the candidates - probably the same as last time minus one . I really don't get too bothered about England - they've disappointed for many years and really , they do play crap dour football with one brilliant performance a decade . In truth then I'm not actually bothered , its club first every time for me , just a shame that club is Leeds .
All quiet ..........
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

When it comes to money and sex, only too much is ever enough.

Hope Big Sam is getting enough of the other.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

His only said what we have all known for years though,i don't really see anything wrong with what he said. Like the fact he took the piss out of roy and gary nevillie. I think the next england manager should be Eddie Howe.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

The smell of corruption off Big Sam meant that you knew he was coming 10 minutes before he arrived.
Why the FA ever considered this fat greedy oaf for a position as the head of the national team, I will never understand.

Don't care who the next manager is. England are, at best, a mediocre team. Let's stop kidding ourselves!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

Sam got greedy - wtf you need an extra 400k when you earn 3mill ? PLUS all the payouts from being sacked

for me eddie howe too young - i would go Hoddle and have shearer and a few other ex players (beardsley etc ) on the staff that would command respect from the overpaid players
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

being Scottish, I couldn't give a shit who the next England manager should be.....maybe rylan Clarke. at the end of the day....where there's big bucks there's corruption.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

Controversial maybe but although I am as fed up as everybody else with the greed in football I sometimes think we're all partly to blame as well.

As an example I am a Forest fan and we recently sold our prize asset Oliver Burke for £13 million but I don't recall anybody on the Forest forum (myself included) saying "phew, now we can improve the facilities at the City Ground or can reduce ticket prices to allow supporters with not much cash a chance to access the ground.' No, let's face it, we would all prefer to see all the money spent on players fuelling the greed culture because the transfer fees are only a part of it – wages are as big a killer as the headline transfer figure.

It's one of the many reasons why I admire Arsene Wenger – he only really started to splash the cash when he had got the Emirates exactly how he wanted it. And throughout all that time you had his fans screaming 'spend spend spend' – you see we are all part of the same culture where success on the pitch feels more important than everything off it.

I have been predicting that the football financial bubble would burst to for a few years now and I've been proven wrong every time. But surely it can't go on like this where mediocre players can earn more in a couple of years than some of the greatest players in our country's history did in their lifetime and even worse so do their agents who I'm pretty certain work less hard than anybody reading this now

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Why don't people just stop going?

Why not boycott 5 home matches in a row?

If The Stranglers said, It's £58 per ticket now would the fans go? I bet not.

Clubs should stop dealing with agents. Make an agreement at the start of the season and say, we will stick with what we have, fuck the agents. No transfers. No commission. Then we will see what happens.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

sewer rat wrote:being Scottish, I couldn't give a shit who the next England manager should be.....maybe rylan Clarke. at the end of the day....where there's big bucks there's corruption.
I'm English - I also don't really give a shit - it will be the same old same old regardless .
All quiet ..........
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

why is he called big sam? don't answer that I don't give a fuck about football its rife with corruption across the world full of greedy bastards who want your money I don't understand why people give it to them
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

jetblacksdad wrote:Why don't people just stop going?

Why not boycott 5 home matches in a row?

If The Stranglers said, It's £58 per ticket now would the fans go? I bet not.

Clubs should stop dealing with agents. Make an agreement at the start of the season and say, we will stick with what we have, fuck the agents. No transfers. No commission. Then we will see what happens.
Believe me if The Stranglers was a big band as in filling stadiums you would be paying a lot more than £58 to see them...
Greed is human nature, its not just football.