the worst lie EVER!!!!!!

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

sewer rat
Rats Rally

the worst lie EVER!!!!!!

Post by sewer rat »

me and a couple of mates were on the London punk tour on saturday, the night after the damned at RAH. guide takes you round Soho etc and shows you various old venues like The Roxy, El Paradise, Louise's and The Vortex. he shows pics from back in the day and talks about key moments from that era. later in the evening we are in the 100 club to see the UK SUBS. i've got a Damned t shirt on and this guy who i've never met starts talking to me. he says..."you like the damned mate?....i've got a great damned story to tell you". so began his story...this is it pretty much word for word......

"me and me mate were walking down the street in 1980 and were carrying a copy each of The Black Album. We're just passing The Vortex when we notice a door open at the building right next to it. we decide to pop our heads in and Dave Vanian's standing there. he's got the black coat and all that on. we're about to keep walking when Dave shouts us in. so we're standing there and it turns out it's his house. he's very friendly and he signs our albums for us. on leaving he says to us...."drop in any time lads"......

......what a crock of fucking shit!!!! does this guy think i'm fuckin' stoopid...i'm 50 years old for fuck sake. and another thing...on that punk tour, we were standing right outside The Vortex and the guide was talking about what sorta shit went down back in the day....i think at one point he would say..."oh by the way, this building here (shops BTW), Dave Vanian lived here. can anyone beat this on the 'LIE-OMETER'....this must score at least 8/10
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: the worst lie EVER!!!!!!

Post by PaulinLondon »

Surely a perfect excuse to have said, "This is fascinating. Pinot Grigio ? Yes please. I would love to hear more".

Free drink.

Mary
The Daily Mail
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

a bloke told me that he had sex with the sugarbabes at the isle of wight festival I didn't believe him
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

The Vortex closed in 1978, 2 years before the Black Album was released.

Should have done his research.
ManInBrown
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Rockula wrote:The Vortex closed in 1978, 2 years before the Black Album was released.

Should have done his research.
:wink:
Something better change!
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

many years ago this absolute fanny told ma (then) girlfriend...he saw joy division live in 1981...a few months before the singer took his fatal overdose. what's wrong wi people?.....this lie gets 9/10 on the LIE-OMETER

another guy ah worked with told me that when he was in the army, his duties included 'mucking out' the stables of Princess Anne's horses. he said she came into the stables quite a lot and we became very good friends...infact, we were on first name terms. she would come in and say..."good morning Graeme"....and he would say back..."hi there Anne....listen, the horses are really sweaty today"....she replied..."well, you know me Graeme, i love big sweaty things between my legs". he was deadly serious when saying this shit....10/10
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

if the guy had said he shagged ONE of the Sugababes.....although questionable, not implausible....to say he shagged ALL 3.....i smell shite!!!!....6/10 on the LIE-OMETER
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

sewer rat wrote:if the guy had said he shagged ONE of the Sugababes.....although questionable, not implausible....to say he shagged ALL 3.....i smell shite!!!!....6/10 on the LIE-OMETER
It's true I tell you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

a friend of mine who I used to play cricket with said that he could get the then famous new Zealand cricketer adam paroare to play for us in our local club team and that when he lived in London he met pele both of these are bullshit he did have his pic taken with the wax statue of pele in madame tussauds he did really meet the footballer trevor Sinclair in a pub but nobody believed him beacause of his bullshit
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

I was in a school band with the biggest bullshitter ever. He once told me that he'd been off recording with 'the girls from The Human league!. Another time he said Paul seller had asked him to lay down some tracks. The final straw was when he said he had written a new song. He played it and it Daniel by Elton John. He was a fruitcake but a great source of amusement.
Another bloke I knew, when I first started working in the early eighties told us that he was a POW in WW2. This bit was true but then he said that Hitler turned up at the camp and had heard that he was a painter and decorator. He then took him to paint his gaff in Bavaria. He said that Hitler was pleased with his work and added "of course Hitler knew his stuff because he'd been a painter before the war"
how did I get down here, well it's a long story
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

that's fantastic