Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

"Good to see Paul upsetting People"

Post by Greatkudu »

Proud Cabaret - not worth the money I spent (and I spent a lot!)”
2 of 5 starsReviewed 12 August 2014
Went on a Friday night with my boyfriend. Great venue, really loved the feel of the place and was really looking forward to a good evening. The food was good as well, chocolate fondue was to die for. I gave this rating a 'Poor' rating due to the fact on how much money we spent. I wasn't drinking and my boyfriend had 4 small beers which with the 12.5% per cent service charge on all drinks cost him almost £5 for a half pint (so that's £10 pound a pint!!!) which I thought was outrageous! I felt the whole night was dragged out by Proud so they could get as much drinking money out of us as possible as they kept stopping and saying 'we'll be back in 15 minutes'. The compare for the night (I think his name was Paul Roberts) was a bit too sleazy for me and I didn't like his constant sexual inuendos - gross! Our waitress was lovely, think her name was Naomi. I woudn't go back there as for a three course meal for two and four small beers cost us over £120. I have been to a couple of burlesque nights in Brighton before which were fantastic and we didn't spend nearly half a much money.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserR ... gland.html#
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: "Good to see Paul upsetting People"

Post by pigeon »

I hear he is recording an album in tribute to David Bowie,not to sure if i like the sound of that or not. Never got Bowie myself but i knew Paul was a big fan. How do you get to hear what he is up to thesedays?. He has seemed to of dropped of the radar completley. Glad he offended this woman and her partner though!.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nowt wrong with a bit of sexual innuendo - that reviewer sounds like they've got a right stick up their arse. Doesn't he compare some burlesque thing in Brighton or something? Jeeze if you can't handle a bit of sexual innuendo in that environment you're clearly way out of your depth and should be at home in slippers reading the Daily Mail.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Well done, Naomi.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.