The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

marky
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by marky »

bad news I think we are going to be in for a lot of turmoil being out of the European union not least that it gives boris Johnson an even stronger chance to be pm...... reap the whirlwind people
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Well it's not what I voted for but that's democracy and now we have to make the best of it and move on.

Cameron resigning, a possible early General Election and Scotland considering a 2nd Referendum on quitting the U.K.

Interesting times ahead.
ManInBrown
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

interesting and scary and of course the prospect of a president trump which I hope will not happen
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Last time I buy a secondhand crystal ball on ebay.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Your in in much safer hands now!
Boris will take care of you.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Today is turning out to be more interesting than I anticipated.
No one can win against kipple.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Wasn't surprised by the result (and equally wouldn't have been surprised if it had gone the other way!!).

We were fucked no matter what.

It was a choice between a rock and a hard place - just gonna have to make the best of the position we are now in.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

MULLY wrote:Wasn't surprised by the result (and equally wouldn't have been surprised if it had gone the other way!!).

It was a choice between a rock and a hard place - just gonna have to make the best of the position we are now in.
That I could not agree more with, a spot on comment.

I guess I have to either become a Irish citizen or apply for. green card to stay in Ireland.
It's gonna be interesting here what happens north and south.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

mickinblack wrote:
MULLY wrote:Wasn't surprised by the result (and equally wouldn't have been surprised if it had gone the other way!!).

That I could not agree more with, a spot on comment.

I guess I have to either become a Irish citizen or apply for. green card to stay in Ireland.
It's gonna be interesting here what happens north and south.
Seriously considering applying for an Irish passport (thanks to the dual citizenship clause from Good Friday Agreement)!!

Should also help with cover my tracks in my upcoming new smuggling enterprise!!
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

MULLY wrote:
Seriously considering applying for an Irish passport (thanks to the dual citizenship clause from Good Friday Agreement)!!
If I moved to Northern Ireland or Scotland, which are currently part of the UK, and either an Irish Unification referendum or a 2nd Independence vote happens north of the border, would I then be sent back to England or get to remain as a citizen of one of those countries?
I mean, if I moved to either place right now I'm not actually 'emigrating' am I? They're both part of the UK for now.

Seems like a silly question but after this morning's announcements both are possibilities.

I'm not saying I'd do it I'd just like to keep my options open.
ManInBrown
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Yes, it is a silly question, wise up
rotten thoughts
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I assume if we are going to move to Croatia to live , then its got to be in the next 2 years . Shit . ( I'm sort of semi serious there ) .
Cameron fucked up big time IMO - if he wanted us to stay , then why have a vote , also why not campaign harder on the subject - a near 50-50 split was always going to be uncomfortably close . NOw with this result history will blame HIM for all this and he wioll eithe rend up a Churchillian hero or a Chamberlain type appeaser /loser type - only history will tell on that one . Yes - we have grabbed our own destiny back but what destiny is it - to be a third world economy or minor world player or once again at the forefront of world events. I think the EU needed reforms , but maybe we could have done from within , whatever I don't think Cameron got the message across . Maybe the EU should really look at itself more closely now .
All quiet ..........