The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

Baronvon
Rats Rally

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by Baronvon »

iain wrote:
Greatkudu wrote:Sad sad news.I hope the people who voted to leave are happy with whats happening now.Things will calm down but people voted on one issue and didn't see the bigger picture.

Very happy.
Regaining democracy and sovereignty is a great thing.
At the expense of the country's economic future it's not.
Hmmmm...
bellainblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by bellainblack »

Baronvon wrote:
iain wrote:
Greatkudu wrote:Sad sad news.I hope the people who voted to leave are happy with whats happening now.Things will calm down but people voted on one issue and didn't see the bigger picture.

Very happy.
Well said.....
She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet....
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

we are going to have to suck it up I'm afraid as a country we are going to be further in the shit not saying that all those who wanted to leave the eu saw migration and immigration as the main issue but it hasn't taken long for the right wing racist bigots who wanted out of the eu to start shouting at minorities to go home
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Baronvon wrote:
iain wrote:

Very happy.
really?
Doesn't appear that the Armageddon predicted has arrived.
Ever feel you've been taken for a mug?
Meanwhile, those who put the country's long term future ahead of 2p off a test message from Magalluf, made the brave choice.
rotten thoughts
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

It's too early to say what the effects would be.
Stocks go up and down

But when fuel and food prices start rising as a result of the currencies, then it'll hit.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You're having a larf ain't you? Lost £1000s in last 3 days.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

iain wrote:
Baronvon wrote:
iain wrote:Very happy.
really?
Doesn't appear that the Armageddon predicted has arrived.
Ever feel you've been taken for a mug?
Meanwhile, those who put the country's long term future ahead of 2p off a test message from Magalluf, made the brave choice.
Yes, really.

It's become incredibly obvious that the Leave camp never had any plan whatsoever, promises were being broken within hours of victory and no amount of misguided nationalistic chest beating can disguise the fact that it's a total clusterfuck.

But hey, well done. You got your country back. Shame it's now a shit smeared bed we've all got to lie in.
Hmmmm...
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Yes, really.

It's become incredibly obvious that the Leave camp never had any plan whatsoever, promises were being broken within hours of victory and no amount of misguided nationalistic chest beating can disguise the fact that it's a total clusterfuck.

But hey, well done. You got your country back. Shame it's now a shit smeared bed we've all got to lie in.[/quote]

Clusterfuck, my bollocks.
Better to have a nation in charge of its own destiny, than tied to an unaccountable EU who decide your laws for you.
Get over your tantrum.
It's pathetic,
rotten thoughts
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

Looks like a clusterfuck to me. The country is split down the middle, promises of the leave campaign have already been exposed as bullshit, the current government are currently backstabbing each other in a hilarious shitshow of cretinous buffoonery, the opposition party are tearing themselves into tiny pieces and, perhaps most tellingly, absolutely NOBODY wants to be the one to activate Article 50 and actually take the plunge to leave the EU. I wonder why that is....?

But yeah, we're in charge of our own destiny as you said. And look how badly we're already fucking it up.
Hmmmm...
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

So, would you prefer democracy disappearing over the horizon forever as QMV takes hold over even more areas of our lives, less say in the decisions being made....your taxes controlled by those who you and the electorate of the U.K. can't vote out?
Is that what you want for you and your children's future?

Is it easier for you when the two main parties can play pretend politics, whilst decisions are made elsewhere by those you can't vote out?
Who is going to remove Juncker if he decides to stay in post?

Bollocks to that.
Let them have their few weeks of internal warfare as they come to terms with the implications of what the majority want.
If they don't deliver, they'll be replaced by those who the electorate think can.
It may take time, but change will come.
Meanwhile, the markets are higher than they were before The referendum
Meltdown.
Last edited by iain on 01 Jul 2016, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
rotten thoughts
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

When Punk Rockers called for Anarchy I don't think this is what they hoped for. :lol:
ManInBrown
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

iain wrote:So, would you prefer democracy disappearing over the horizon forever as QMV takes hold over even more areas of our lives, less say in the decisions being made....your taxes controlled by those who you and the electorate of the U.K. can't vote out?
Is that what you want for you and your children's future?
And that's what the MEP is for...there is democracy behind it though given the nature of our democratic referendum it goes to demonstrate that if the democracy is ill informed then it's no good for anyone.

The EU is far from perfect but compared to our own horrifically broken and inept political system it's definitely the lesser of two evils.
Hmmmm...