The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by iain »

Burn e 77 wrote:
Bag Lady wrote:I despair about where to find good information to base my decision on. Any advice?
See Rockula's comment... By far the most informed, level headed and unbiased post on here.
Bernie

Taking the piss?
You have to be,
rotten thoughts
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Ravenette wrote:To be quite honest, politics is not my thing. Will my wages go up and shoes be cheaper if I vote no? That's all I care about.
Your shoes and 'Docs' are manufactured by an illiterate 13 year old girl in Thailand or Pakistan who earns insufficient Bhats or Rupees to pay for a decent education let alone food and clothing. ALL regular Dr Martens, unless you pay £195:00 for the 'Made In England-Vintage' (which I personally do) are manufactured in Thailand or Pakistan... I suggest you ask your line manager for a pay rise so you can afford to buy them regularly... although I wouldn't imagine you would be seen dead in 'Docs' :grin:
Bernie
Something better change!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Not long to go now and the voting cards should be arriving.

Interesting.

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

The 2016 EU Referendum Voting Guide arrived on the door mat today. Polling cards should arrive by 25 May. If you don't receive one then check you are on the electoral roll as you have until 7 June to register.

And then remember to turn up at your polling station on 23 June. If you don't vote, you can't complain about the result.

:roll:
No one can win against kipple.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

If we leave we lost the opportunity to do the right thing for us in Europe. From the disabled point of view, the EU forced Cameron and co to rethink Benefits and have an enquiry about it.

America is a shit trade deal. It's not worth it for us to try as we'd lose out to them (Who are financially owned by China anyway!!!!)
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:If we leave we lost the opportunity to do the right thing for us in Europe. From the disabled point of view, the EU forced Cameron and co to rethink Benefits and have an enquiry about it.

America is a shit trade deal. It's not worth it for us to try as we'd lose out to them (Who are financially owned by China anyway!!!!)

If we weren't shovelling £55million a day to Brussels, and were controlling our borders effectively, the UK would be in a better position to manage public services. How can local finances be directed to look after the disabled and elderly, when local authority services are being swamped by the demands imposed by an ever increasing flood of immigrants?
Last edited by iain on 20 May 2016, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
rotten thoughts
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

But immigrants are not the only problem. That's just Daily Express talk. There's millions in farming subsidies we get, developing businesses, helping manufacturing.

Immigrants will always come and go - At the moment there is an exodus of Polish people, but we've always had people come and go, the Irish, Indians, Jamaicans. The EU are currently discussing how to get funding to more European countries to help them out. But they don't mention these things in the news. Our friend who is a translator is currently translating this.

We do get more out than we put in most of the time. Some years we don't when we are trying to help Syrians etc. The same thing happened with Ethiopians, but they went home as well.

We should be more like France. If they don't like it they tell the EU to fuck off. Then the French people tell their government to fuck off if they don't like anything. But here we all take it up the are and bend over for more. The government are weak and the people are lethargic.
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

As with all elections or referendums (referenda), most voters, if they vote at all, won't have carefully studied the finer points of the arguments for and against.

It will be a vote for what your 'gut feeling' tells you or a simplistic assessment of how the result might affect your personal circumstances.

On a simplistic level my view is that I expect any British Government to protect and nurture :
1. British Sovereignty
2. A sound economy
3. Law and order

I think at least two out of three are better served 'out'.
About the economy, I just don't know.

And in Scotland, the view is that if Britain votes out and Scotland votes in, this would trigger another independence referendum.

It's a tricky one.

One certainty is surely how Euroman JJ Burnel will be voting.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think it's very likely that the vote will be to leave,as the people who vote are mostly older voters,who are more inclined to vote leave.What annoys me is the millions of pounds in

propaganda spent by both sides it sickens me.But I will vote to stay as I believe there are more benefits to this country than leaving,especially the sharing of intelligence about terrorist

attacks and suspects etc.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

The Irish government are advising me and all ex pats living here that we should use our vote to stay in.
I believe they have also sent people to the UK to advise the Irish in the UK to stay in to.

I think its gonna be a close one to close to call.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Like our poll :lol: the official polls are all showing a very close call. Which ever way you're voting people, go out and exercise your vote!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

mickinblack wrote:The Irish government are advising me and all ex pats living here that we should use our vote to stay in.
I believe they have also sent people to the UK to advise the Irish in the UK to stay in to.

I think its gonna be a close one to close to call.
Outrageous interference.
rotten thoughts