The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by iain »

The Strangler wrote:And isn't Faisal Islam shit on Sky News ? Quite embarrassing watching him trying to answer to questions by the likes of Adam Boulton

He's appalling. A token appointment with little to say.
rotten thoughts
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

This subject has specific relevance to Northern Ireland. The only part of the UK with a border to another EU member.

The financial benefits to NI currently (with farming subsidies and Peace funding) outweigh what we put into the EU, but - funding is due to end in 2020 and the farming subsidies would then be less than our input.

The border aspect, however, could have far greater implications - currently there is no restriction (unlike the past 'troubled' period(s) ) - check-points could once again be in place. Trade across the border with Sterling vs Euro exchange rates (advantageous to both) may prove an issue.

Politically there could be greater implications - cross-border bodies, a United Ireland - the bigger picture on both viewpoints could be immense.

Diametrically opposed political parties in NI are already making their standpoints known - but will they actually come out and state their reasoning?

This could have a major impact here than any other part of the UK. A big decision for all.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

That is such a true statement i have to say..So so true...
pigeon wrote:It's all planned madmen incharge everywhere

Cameron
Boris Johnson
Donald Trump

Roland Deuchalat
Katrian Miere

I say leave the EU he will have to sell Charlton Athletic then!. Vote out WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK, WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK, WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU BELGIAN W****ERS GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

MULLY wrote:This subject has specific relevance to Northern Ireland. The only part of the UK with a border to another EU member.

The financial benefits to NI currently (with farming subsidies and Peace funding) outweigh what we put into the EU, but - funding is due to end in 2020 and the farming subsidies would then be less than our input.

The border aspect, however, could have far greater implications - currently there is no restriction (unlike the past 'troubled' period(s) ) - check-points could once again be in place. Trade across the border with Sterling vs Euro exchange rates (advantageous to both) may prove an issue.

Politically there could be greater implications - cross-border bodies, a United Ireland - the bigger picture on both viewpoints could be immense.

Diametrically opposed political parties in NI are already making their standpoints known - but will they actually come out and state their reasoning?

This could have a major impact here than any other part of the UK. A big decision for all.

Our share of the UK contribution is around £600million. We get back around £450 million.
rotten thoughts
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

iain wrote:
MULLY wrote:This subject has specific relevance to Northern Ireland. The only part of the UK with a border to another EU member.

Our share of the UK contribution is around £600million. We get back around £450 million.
Not counting the brown envelopes to Stormont ministers :twisted:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

MULLY wrote:
iain wrote:

Not counting the brown envelopes to Stormont ministers :twisted:
One of the Alliance eejits was delivering his newsletter today when I was in my driveway. He said 'no point giving you one. I've read the emails you sent'
:grin:
rotten thoughts
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

To be quite honest, politics is not my thing. Will my wages go up and shoes be cheaper if I vote no? That's all I care about.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Ravenette wrote:To be quite honest, politics is not my thing. Will my wages go up and shoes be cheaper if I vote no? That's all I care about.
Then, regarding shoes, do VOTE - in the Dr Martens Poll Section.

The overall Votes so far, are interesting.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I despair about where to find good information to base my decision on. Any advice?
No one can win against kipple.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Facebook?
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Ravenette wrote:Facebook?
:roll:
No one can win against kipple.
bellainblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by bellainblack »

It will be suicidal to leave....

I've always rolled my eyes and said we should never have joined the EU...it's too late to back pedal now...Cameron is trying to find a compromise here folks....

What to do eh!

Yours confused

Welsh Italian Bella
She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet....