Maradona good, Pele better, George Best.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Maradona good, Pele better, George Best.

Post by unbroken69 »

I wasn't embarrassed, I felt a little sad of course, The real tragedy of that incident was that George and his father fell out for months because of it. He did a few thousand more interviews where he came across as articulate and full of humour, they're rarely talked about.
marky wrote:anybody remember George best on the wogan show? was sad to see
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

There have been loads of brilliant footballers , those 3 or 4 do stand out above the rest- I too would say Pele , Maradonna , Cruyff, Best in that order . The advantage of today's players is that almost every moment is on camera . Eusebio , another great , there is little coverage - Garincha too. Many Man Utd fans insist Duncan Edwards was better than Best but we'll never know . My own club - Leeds - best player was the injury haunted Eddie Gray - anyone interested watch his goal against Burnley around 1970 . Modern of course there is Zidane , Messi , Ronaldo - Ibrahimovic - some insane goals . THIS is what makes football so brilliant - not even mentioning 1930's or 40's players ./the game evolves and changes but I think all those would be great in any era they were put in . Funny how so many of the genius players have that self destruct button .
All quiet ..........
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I've just finished reading the autobiography of John Charles - the Welsh footballer who played for Leeds utd & Juventus. A truly amazing player - some say the best ever - worshipped in Italy as well as Britain. It's going back a few years I know but as well as being a great player he never even got a yellow or red card once throughout his career !

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I Hate You !