"Adele" who likes her? If anyone?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
The Raven
The Raven

"Adele" who likes her? If anyone?

Post by Greatkudu » 25 Nov 2015, 17:22

Ok music is very subjective,It would be boring If people like the same music.But I read somewhere that "Adele's" new album "25" original title is on course to be the fastest selling album

of all time and maybe one of the biggest selling of all time.Well I have tried to avoid her latest warbling,as I don't listen to radio ecxept classic FM and I don't watch any music related TV

with any of the latest pop tunes.But in the barbers the other day,i was having what little hair I have left cut,and unfortunately the radio was on and I heard her single with her usual warble.

And It got me thinking? who actually buys her music? I admire peoples talent even if I don't like their music,but IMHO Adele has at best an average voice,and it sounds strained.

And the people that buy her stuff who are they? young people,pensioners? She is so boring and middle of the road,i just don't get what all the fuss is all about.I understand she sings about

ex boyfriends? etc (hope they get royalties) I just wish Adele would retire with all her millions and stop offending my ears with her boring,middle of the road,warbling.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: "Adele" who likes her? If anyone?

Post by theraven1979 » 25 Nov 2015, 18:35

Are you trying to tell us you like Adele? :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack » 25 Nov 2015, 19:27

She's got a great voice, in my opinion.

Deal with it :lol:
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.

jaydee1964
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jaydee1964 » 25 Nov 2015, 20:23

Started going off her when I came home from work one day and had to sit through my.youngest daughter

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."

jaydee1964
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jaydee1964 » 25 Nov 2015, 20:26

Watching her warblings on that performance.she did.on the bloody brits 15 fucking times.. every time she finished never mind I'll find some.fucker.like.you . It would get resound to the start again ...bastard drove me up the wall

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."

jaydee1964
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jaydee1964 » 25 Nov 2015, 20:27

Rewound ffs

zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire » 25 Nov 2015, 22:21

Great voice,dont like the music.

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 » 25 Nov 2015, 23:16

Great voice, bland songs. She's a Spurs fan as well, so her voice is not her main problem.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.

kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou » 26 Nov 2015, 07:41

She's a great singer, packs more emotion in to a song than all the shite boy & girl bands & X-Factor wannabes together. I'll listen to her stuff but haven't bought any.

droopsnoot
The Raven
The Raven

Post by droopsnoot » 26 Nov 2015, 11:40

I think she's got a pretty good voice, though the small amount of the live stuff she was doing on BBC1 last week sounded a bit flat to me. It's not really the kind of thing I'd like, but there are much worse things on the radio - and as I listen to Radio 1 while I'm working on the car, I do tend to hear a lot of them. As to who buys her stuff, I guess it's just "normal people", the "man in the street". By that I mean not people who are massively into a particular band or genre (like most of us here), but people who just hear stuff on the radio and buy it. I imagine that people who can actually claim to be "into music", for want of a better term, are very much a minority. Loads of people don't have a favourite band, have no idea about musical heritage, just buy stuff when they hear and like it, and mainly have music playing as an alternative to silence.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall

MULLY
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by MULLY » 26 Nov 2015, 13:47

To be honest, I am not all that aux fait with her body of work - the only one I could name is 'Skyfall' (or as she sings it.. "Scaff-old") and that put me off.

Not my cup of tea - whether she has a good voice or not - I do not give a jot.

Will not be losing any sleep over who likes her, why they like her or if her records sell in the thousands or zillions. She is and will remain off my radar.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better

Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula » 26 Nov 2015, 14:23

I recognise her voice if I hear it but couldn't name any of her songs.
Not my thing.
But I have no reason to dislike her.
Nor have I any reason to buy her records.

And that answer could probably apply to any number of artists.
ManInBrown