Knee jerk reactions to the terrorist attacks in Paris

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

kincajou
Rats Rally

Knee jerk reactions to the terrorist attacks in Paris

Post by kincajou »

In respect to those killed in Paris last night, I've not put this in the condolences thread. But I have to say it somewhere.

Many across social media (including this forum) are knee-jerk reacting in EXACTLY the way that ISIS want the world to. FACT, ISIS have killed more Muslims than anyone else put together (eg. the Beirut suicide bomb a couple of days ago that hardly got any press in the West). Why? Because despite what they claim, ISIS are NOT Muslims! They, Al-Queda, Boko Haram etc account for approx 0.003% of Muslims worldwide. Does the KKK represent the whole Christianity? Does a white man from Yorkshire who kills an Asian shopkeeper represent all Yorkshiremen so much that we should wipe all Yorkshiremen out? Clearly not, so why fall for that illogical line of thinking when it comes to ISIS'? These scum hang their twisted beliefs on Islam because it suits their aims to stir up hatred. NOTHING they stand for has anything to do with REAL Islam - for example the Qur'an specifically states that Muslims who commit suicide will not be granted a place in Heaven.

To others on this forum & elsewhere calling for religion to be wiped out - you've fallen for the myth propagated by the media that religion is primarily responsible for war & death across the world. FACT, more people have been killed in wars & conflicts that have nothing to do with religion than those that do. Or have you forgotten about Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc? FACT, more people have died of starvation across the world in the last 15 years than ALL wars have killed in the last 100. Where's the outrage against that?

Another knee-jerk: Why would ISIS tell the world they were going to smuggle themselves into Europe with the refugees? To create mistrust & panic, that's why! Why else would anyone planning mass murder announce their intentions publicly? Refugees are trying to escape this sort of treatment, not drag it into Europe with them. we know ISIS are good at using propaganda, especially on social media. Too many are too ready to fall for it - particularly given the way that the majority of the British press successfully brainwash most of its readers into thinking a certain way. Just look at the pathetic & childish way that they portray Jeremy Corbyn as public enemy no.1, for example.

I'm not an apologist, a do-gooder or whatever else people throw at those who they mistakenly think don't agree with a 'wipe ISIS out' policy. I understand people are angry, livid even. But don't get caught responding in a way these murderous cunts want us to. Wipe 'em out, but leave Muslims, Islam and religion alone. Muslims hate ISIS as much as non-Muslims do - and before anyone says 'why don't they condemn terrorism , they DO but the media doesn't tend to report it, that wouldn't suit their Islamophobic agenda.
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Knee jerk reactions to the terrorist attacks in Paris

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

kincajou wrote:In respect to those killed in Paris last night, I've not put this in the condolences thread. But I have to say it somewhere.

Many across social media (including this forum) are knee-jerk reacting in EXACTLY the way that ISIS want the world to. FACT, ISIS have killed more Muslims than anyone else put together (eg. the Beirut suicide bomb a couple of days ago that hardly got any press in the West). Why? Because despite what they claim, ISIS are NOT Muslims! They, Al-Queda, Boko Haram etc account for approx 0.003% of Muslims worldwide. Does the KKK represent the whole Christianity? Does a white man from Yorkshire who kills an Asian shopkeeper represent all Yorkshiremen so much that we should wipe all Yorkshiremen out? Clearly not, so why fall for that illogical line of thinking when it comes to ISIS'? These scum hang their twisted beliefs on Islam because it suits their aims to stir up hatred. NOTHING they stand for has anything to do with REAL Islam - for example the Qur'an specifically states that Muslims who commit suicide will not be granted a place in Heaven.

To others on this forum & elsewhere calling for religion to be wiped out - you've fallen for the myth propagated by the media that religion is primarily responsible for war & death across the world. FACT, more people have been killed in wars & conflicts that have nothing to do with religion than those that do. Or have you forgotten about Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc? FACT, more people have died of starvation across the world in the last 15 years than ALL wars have killed in the last 100. Where's the outrage against that?

Another knee-jerk: Why would ISIS tell the world they were going to smuggle themselves into Europe with the refugees? To create mistrust & panic, that's why! Why else would anyone planning mass murder announce their intentions publicly? Refugees are trying to escape this sort of treatment, not drag it into Europe with them. we know ISIS are good at using propaganda, especially on social media. Too many are too ready to fall for it - particularly given the way that the majority of the British press successfully brainwash most of its readers into thinking a certain way. Just look at the pathetic & childish way that they portray Jeremy Corbyn as public enemy no.1, for example.

I'm not an apologist, a do-gooder or whatever else people throw at those who they mistakenly think don't agree with a 'wipe ISIS out' policy. I understand people are angry, livid even. But don't get caught responding in a way these murderous cunts want us to. Wipe 'em out, but leave Muslims, Islam and religion alone. Muslims hate ISIS as much as non-Muslims do - and before anyone says 'why don't they condemn terrorism , they DO but the media doesn't tend to report it, that wouldn't suit their Islamophobic agenda.
Sorry but this 'illogical line of thinking' you mention is something you appear to have fallen to yourself by way of the contradiction you make. You state that ISIS are not Muslim but yet not only is this factually incorrect but something you then acknowledge yourself. I quote 'They, Al Queda, Boko Haram etc account for 0.003% of Muslims worldwide'. A small minority maybe, but Muslim all the same. If only two Smarties in a tube are red, are they still not red Smarties?

No-one mentioned wiping out Islam as a faith, and certainly no-one accused all Muslims of being ISIS supporters or terrorists. Therefore your theories about the 'Yorkshire white man' and the 'KKK' don't really apply.

You state that 'nothing they stand for has anything to do with REAL Islam'. Maybe not but it doesn't alter the fact that they ARE Muslim - Muslim EXTREMISTS that is. Someone mentioned Nazi Germany earlier and so I'll use that as an example. The Nazi's had 'nothing to do' with REAL Christianity did they but that doesn't mean they weren't Christians. And as for you quoting the Qur'an, the Bible states that 'Thou shall not kill'. Does that mean that all our servicemen who fought in WW2 weren't true Christians?

So you believe that ISIS told the world of their intentions merely to create mistrust and panic? Actually you go further than that don't you, you state it as fact. Well I guess you know better than the world's leading security councils then. When the IRA used to inform the British government that bombs had been planted, was it merely to create panic or did those bombs actually exist? I think you know the answer. If you honestly believe what you state above then you seriously need to wake up.

I'll end this post by stating something that's surely beyond debate, the fact that Islam EXTREMISTS, who ARE Muslim, don't tolerate other religions - a trait that's totally unique to them. But are all Muslims extremists and do they all think this way? No, of course not, but no-one's stating otherwise.
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 15 Nov 2015, 00:34, edited 5 times in total.
Sweat and shite and blood!
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Isis are not Muslims....

Good grief.
rotten thoughts
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

Tired of arguing. Came across this on Facebook. Shocking & self explanatory. Written by a Lebanese resident.

So apparently my feelings on this matter call for the longest Facebook status I've ever seen. And this is me summarising...

What happened in Paris last night was awful. I stayed up late following the news in disbelief and I am so sorry to anyone who has been affected by thee horrible attacks. The international community has responded, as predicted, by showing their unwavering solidarity with Paris.

The night before that, a bomb went off in my country, Lebanon, killing 43 people. No one prayed for us. No one kept us in their thoughts. No world leaders made late-night statements about us. No one changed their profile pictures. There was no hashtag. No option to be "marked as safe" by Facebook. Just silence.

Syria has suffered more than can be quantified in words and distilled into a Facebook status. They get nothing. Just more silence.

73 Palestinians were killed by Israel in October alone. Silence.
Nearly 100 people were killed by explosions at a peace rally in Ankara last month. Just silence.

At least 3,500 people have been killed in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and Niger in conflict this year. Silence.

I'm not even angry at this point, just tired. Exhausted. Exhausted that an assault on an open air prison like Gaza which leaves 2300 people dead gets little to no attention but the minute something happens in Europe, something happens to white people, everyone is so (I think quite genuinely) broken up about it.
I'm not saying don't be. I'm not saying that the people who lost their lives last night do not deserve to be mourned because of course they do. They were innocent and now they are dead. As an Arab, we know better than anyone how it hurts and we should all continue to keep them in our thoughts. But what about us? Don't we deserve to be mourned? Are we not human enough? Are we too Arab for you? Too black for you? Too Other for you? Do you find it impossible to empathise with us because of the colour of our skin? There's a word for that.

And then, after all of this, after all is said and done. After it hits us, just how little we matter. Just how insignificant and inferior we are as human beings. That's when the best part comes. My favourite part.

Apologise. We are told to apologise. It is demanded of us. WE need to apologise for the actions of barbarians who have been doing their worst to us for so long now. We are the victims. What you experience at the hands of these extremists is a fraction of what Syria experiences. Of what Lebanon experiences. We put up with it every single day. And now, in some kind of sick, twisted joke, we are asked to apologise. We are to be held accountable. The main victims and refugees of this tragedy must pay. As if we have not yet paid enough in blood and land and dignity.

Sorry. We're sorry that you have occupied our lands, pillaged them, divvied them up between you like gold. We're sorry that you've robbed us of our wealth, dignity and freedom. We're sorry that you've left nothing in your wake except rubble and anger. We're sorry that those disillusioned and disenfranchised people you left in your wake hurtle into extremism. We're sorry that you benefit from their barbarity. We're sorry that you allow them to do these things to us, that you encourage them and provide them with the resources they need to do us harm. We're sorry they turn against you in the end. We're sorry they come back for you. We're sorry. We hope you can find it in you to forgive us.

All this was written by my dear Lebanese friend Roua Naboulsi; she summed my thoughts in details. I pray and hope peace and justice will prevail worldwide without any selectivity.
jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jonimac »

Steve

I am sorry (too) but you somehow think your opinion is infallible. It is not. Can you accept that?
Other people have a different opinion from you, and no matter how much you think you are right, you are not.
You are just another person on this website with an opinion.
Your contributions are considered and from the heart. So are others. So to dismiss others who write using less viceiferous language is something I find unacceptable. I have read your thoughts before about the Syria problem and what I object to more than anything is your firm belief that what you are writing is the only way to think about these events.
In trying to force your view upon others, regardless of the good intentions you feel are driving them, can you not see how that can actually alienate people?
I sat up last night watching the terrible events in Paris and wondered how people could do that in the name of religion.
Is religion about saying you are from a particular faith, or is it actually living according to that faith?
Kincajou's (and friend's) contribution may not fit in with your perception of the events of the last year but they are just as valid as yours.
Any solution to this disaster that involves further innocent loss of life surely deserves full consideration rather than an angry (knee jerk) demand to send in Yanks, Russians, everyone to ISIS strongholds - wherever they are ?
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'll repeat myself again - the culprit - RELIGION .
All quiet ..........
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

it seems to me today that its a sick world.......... people who wish to make statements that blame whole communities or faith systems have very blinkered views there is not much that can be done about this as long as people still rely on the tabloid press fox news and what some bloke in a pub told them.
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I'll repeat myself again - the culprit - RELIGION .
You can repeat yourself as much as you like, you're just showing a lack of understanding of a complex issue. Every belief system - note that I did not say religion - has its violent extremists, including all religions, all political belief systems, atheism. Every society, every community has its violent members. The common denominator with these people is that they do not subscribe to the norms, values and behaviours of those groups they claim to belong to.
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

iain wrote:Isis are not Muslims....

Good grief.
A wolf in sheep's clothing is not a sheep.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

kincajou wrote:
iain wrote:Isis are not Muslims....

Good grief.
A wolf in sheep's clothing is not a sheep.

A Muslim following the demands of his Islamic holy book to the letter is a Muslim, no matter how uncomfortable to fact is to acknowledge. Wishing he'd behave otherwise because it would help you deal with the hard facts doesn't change a thing.
rotten thoughts
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

kincajou wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:I'll repeat myself again - the culprit - RELIGION .
You can repeat yourself as much as you like, you're just showing a lack of understanding of a complex issue. Every belief system - note that I did not say religion - has its violent extremists, including all religions, all political belief systems, atheism. Every society, every community has its violent members. The common denominator with these people is that they do not subscribe to the norms, values and behaviours of those groups they claim to belong to.
No . I was putting it simply - blame it by and large on religion. The trouble is that we haven't really moved on mentally since stone age man - we are still tribalistic and still don't like or tolerate very much anyone or anything different to ourselves , so alien or foreign cultures are seen as wrong , not different . This situation has gone on since the crusades re islam and Christianity , and before that by thousands of years in terms of whose god is best . Its just that as time has gone on we have developed better ways of killing each other , so from sticks and stones we now hurl missiles and lasers and have ways of killing people in their thousands in an instant rather than a few at a time . In terms of technology we are light years ahead , but mentally we are still the same as we were ten thousand years ago . I'd agree that every society has it extremists ( nutters ?) , but it does seem to me that more often than not there is a religious background or ideal behind it . I know full well that if there was no religion they would find another reason to do the same thing , but one less excuse might be nice or it may make some of these nutters think just a bit more . Don't forget though that the people who did this yesterday are very probably the foot soldiers , the leaders are running around free somewhere else in all likelihood planning it all over again . Its a sad world. Worst thing of all is that they massacre totally innocent people like ourselves .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm just hoping now that ISIS are finally going to get wiped out and every terrorist in the UK, France etc is hunted down and dealt with as harshly as possible. Let the government do whatever they need to do as far as border controls and monitoring people's Internet data. We need to be safe!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk