Arse Lickers

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Arse Lickers

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

I was originally going to post this in the 'Things you feckin hate' thread but thought it deserved one all to itself. Fuckin arse lickers, don't they just get on your tits! And it seems The Stranglers have more than their fair share.

Go back to the Hugh days for a second. Fans and the band itself were of the united opinion that should any member leave then The Stranglers just shouldn't continue. Enter Paul, and all of a sudden tongues were smelling excremental as these same fans started proclaiming how wonderful he was while simultaneously slating Hugh. Oh I witnessed it myself on many occasion, Paul this, Paul that, tongues full stretch right up there, and then the cycle starts again once Baz joins. No doubt If Mr Warne left the band, whoever replaced him would be the new tasty target, and oh so much better than his predecessor.

WIPE THAT SHIT OFF YOUR MOUTHS!!! IT STINKS!!!
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 23 Oct 2015, 13:16, edited 2 times in total.
Sweat and shite and blood!
scouserat
Rats Rally

Re: Arse Lickers

Post by scouserat »

u been on the wine again steve :P its only 10.40 in the morning :shock:
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

oh dear
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Entitled as you are to your opinion - you have to admit the same faecal taste can apply for some Hugh fans who seem to think The Stranglers should not exist without his esteemed presence, that he can do no wrong and the current Strangler line-up are being slated in equal measure. Facebook (and I think you are no fan of that social media :wink: ) has had it's fair share of anti-Paul/Baz material recently.

Perhaps The Stranglers/Hugh Cornwell fraternity have their fair share is because they are impassioned fans of the band (ironically, your post proving the point).

Personally I don't consider myself a brown-noser (although some may beg to differ - whatever 8) ) and fair enough if you don't like the 'new' Stranglers (est. 2006) or the 'old new' Stranglers (est 1990/91)) - but I don't care if there are people, who may be considered arse lickers, going to gigs. I am going cos I am a Strangler fan and nobody is going to spoil my experience by their joint presence at the same gig.

I don't (often - ahem!!) judge others and do not particularly care if they kiss ass or kick ass - glass houses and all that.

So, in answer to your question Steve - no, arse lickers do not particularly get on my tits. Agreed, some people need to get over themselves - but, hey - in the greater scheme of things, it is hardly worth a worry.

Keep cool mate 8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Stevie.T-'up north'

scouserat wrote:u been on the wine again steve :P its only 10.40 in the morning :shock:
Ayup mate. Carte Noire decaf! Will be having a few tonight though! :smt101
Stevie.T-'up north'

MULLY wrote:Entitled as you are to your opinion - you have to admit the same faecal taste can apply for some Hugh fans who seem to think The Stranglers should not exist without his esteemed presence, that he can do no wrong and the current Strangler line-up are being slated in equal measure. Facebook (and I think you are no fan of that social media :wink: ) has had it's fair share of anti-Paul/Baz material recently.

Perhaps The Stranglers/Hugh Cornwell fraternity have their fair share is because they are impassioned fans of the band (ironically, your post proving the point).

Personally I don't consider myself a brown-noser (although some may beg to differ - whatever 8) ) and fair enough if you don't like the 'new' Stranglers (est. 2006) or the 'old new' Stranglers (est 1990/91)) - but I don't care if there are people, who may be considered arse lickers, going to gigs. I am going cos I am a Strangler fan and nobody is going to spoil my experience by their joint presence at the same gig.

I don't (often - ahem!!) judge others and do not particularly care if they kiss ass or kick ass - glass houses and all that.

So, in answer to your question Steve - no, arse lickers do not particularly get on my tits. Agreed, some people need to get over themselves - but, hey - in the greater scheme of things, it is hardly worth a worry.

Keep cool mate 8)
Mully, you clearly miss my point. This isn't a Hugh v Stranglers issue I'm referring to here, nor a debate on whether The Stranglers should've continued. It's about the bullshit and brown nosing, something that rattles me greatly. This is a public forum which enables people to express their opinion. I've expressed mine. If it doesn't fall into certain cliques then so be it.
Stevie.T-'up north'

marky wrote:oh dear

Yes, oh dear indeed!
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

Darn! I thought this was going to be the name of an exciting new beat combo...
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:
scouserat wrote:u been on the wine again steve :P its only 10.40 in the morning :shock:
Ayup mate. Carte Noire decaf! Will be having a few tonight though! :smt101
Your alright in my book mate 8) u might av something about the arse lickers tho.
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Its only a band at the end of the day. Its the music we love rather than the people playin it( for me anyway) A lot of it is not as good as what it was when hugh was in the band but to me anything that has come out since hugh left has been a hundred times better than the music we are getting forced down our throats now and i think if most people are honest they would agree with that.i think the stranglers are rather like a football team ,their our band and u just follow them blindly anyway. A testiment to the band rearly , what there doin now is nowhere near what they where doin 30,40 years ago YES 30 40 years ago!! but they are my band , they av been a big part of my life. Long live the MIB.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Berlin Kapital Club

22 January 2016

THE HITLER CATS

with Special Guests

Arse Lickers

That is cool.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:I was originally going to post this in the 'Things you feckin hate' thread but thought it deserved one all to itself. Fuckin arse lickers, don't they just get on your tits! And it seems The Stranglers have more than their fair share.

Go back to the Hugh days for a second. Fans and the band itself were of the united opinion that should any member leave then The Stranglers just shouldn't continue. Enter Paul, and all of a sudden tongues were smelling excremental as these same fans started proclaiming how wonderful he was while simultaneously slating Hugh. Oh I witnessed it myself on many occasion, Paul this, Paul that, tongues full stretch right up there, and then the cycle starts again once Baz joins. No doubt If Mr Warne left the band, whoever replaced him would be the new tasty target, and oh so much better than his predecessor.

WIPE THAT SHIT OFF YOUR MOUTHS!!! IT STINKS!!!
You must admit that new drummer is better than Jet though. And the newbie fans shout his name to the Jet Black chant. It's great.i join in too sometimes.....

"Jim Whatshisname!"
"Jim Whatshisname!"
"Jim Whatshisname!"

Etc.