Moderator: StanInBlack

parasiteinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: SYRIAN REFUGEES

Post by parasiteinblack » 09 Sep 2015, 19:41

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:
parasiteinblack wrote:
Stevie.T-'up north wrote: I simply stated a FACT broadcasted by ISIS themselves, that they are sending over 500,000 terrorists DISGUISED as refugees.
Stevie, I've heard this a lot over the past couple of days but can you back this up with a quote from ISIS from a reputable source? I've only heard it spouted by the Daily Mail (who quote "US intelligence") and right-wing paranoid bigots. Would be interesting to see where it comes from. Cheers.
Not just the usual tabloids but also the BBC and Sky News. And yes you're right, this information came from US Intelligence.
Right well in that case I'm not as convinced, and you said "broadcasted by ISIS themselves" which is not the same thing.
I'm done now, I'm voting for locking the thread.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"

marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky » 09 Sep 2015, 19:54

I guess closing it is for the best I don't want to offend anyone

Stevie.T-'up north'
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' » 09 Sep 2015, 19:56

parasiteinblack wrote:Stevie, I've heard this a lot over the past couple of days but can you back this up with a quote from ISIS from a reputable source? I've only heard it spouted by the Daily Mail (who quote "US intelligence") and right-wing paranoid bigots. Would be interesting to see where it comes from. Cheers.
Not just the usual tabloids but also the BBC and Sky News. And yes you're right, this information came from US Intelligence.[/quote]

Right well in that case I'm not as convinced, and you said "broadcasted by ISIS themselves" which is not the same thing.
I'm done now, I'm voting for locking the thread.[/quote]

In order for ISIS to announce their plans to the western world - like they wished - they had to inform 'someone' hadn't they, ie an outlet. On this occasion it appears they informed a department of the CIA. I'd personally call this a 'reputable source', wouldn't you??
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 10 Sep 2015, 04:54, edited 2 times in total.
Sweat and shite and blood!

Stevie.T-'up north'
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' » 09 Sep 2015, 20:08

theraven1979 wrote:It's rare I'll close something and this coulda been quite an interesting debate but it's turned to absolute drivel

Jim
Yes it could've been Jim, and yes it has turned to drivel, but I'm certainly not just gonna sit back and let people who don't even know me insinuate that I'm some kinda neo-nazi. It's abundantly clear that certain people can't read what's in front of them, and I'm talking simple statements here. Either that or they deliberately try to twist my words in order to fuel their own beliefs. Although I began this thread with the words 'While I sympathise with those...' I get accused of not caring. I get accused of being a 'nazi' simply because I have different views from those on the far left. I am also accused of calling the Syrians, as a race, rapists and paedophiles but not once have I stated that. This thread was created for one purpose alone; to question the advice we've been given re opening up our homes to these refugees. Many, and not just those on the right, feel this is a dangerous thing to do but it's clear that many on here are just unwilling to accept that. Anyway do what you have to Jim.
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 10 Sep 2015, 11:12, edited 3 times in total.

Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack » 09 Sep 2015, 20:14

Stevie, you started off by being pretty obnoxious before anyone had even replied.

It's a shame that debates like this get lowered into slanging matches. No one is 100% right in their view on this, and no one can take any moral high ground. I only know you from here but I've found you to be a good bloke, which is why I've kept out of it.

I suppose I'm one of those 'lefties' that seem to be slated a lot these days, but tbh I couldn't give a fuck what people think of me.
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.

Stevie.T-'up north'
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' » 09 Sep 2015, 20:20

Bobinblack wrote:I suppose I'm one of those 'lefties' that seem to be slated a lot these days, but tbh I couldn't give a fuck what people think of me.
I can't give a fuck either Bob. And anyone who's views differ from the far left seem to get slated too. I fear it's only a matter of time before certain people in this country will have to eat their words.
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 09 Sep 2015, 22:13, edited 2 times in total.

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason » 09 Sep 2015, 20:20

I think it's good to debate things like this on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but let's remember we are all massive Strangers fans so let's be nice to each other! :lol:

Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Post by Cells&Plasma » 09 Sep 2015, 21:12

Close this thread Jim please!!
Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"

clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear » 09 Sep 2015, 22:08

Cells&Plasma wrote:Close this thread Jim please!!
Seconded. The language, the sentiments towards other forum members is not acceptable. Nothing to do with free speech but calling each other pricks and cunts is not what this forum is about. Disgusting. Close the thread.
how did I get down here, well it's a long story

Stevie.T-'up north'
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' » 09 Sep 2015, 22:16

clutchingmyteddybear wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote:Close this thread Jim please!!
Seconded. The language, the sentiments towards other forum members is not acceptable. Nothing to do with free speech but calling each other pricks and cunts is not what this forum is about. Disgusting. Close the thread.
And what about calling someone a 'nazi'? Interesting how you omit that!

Stevie.T-'up north'
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' » 09 Sep 2015, 22:25

Bag Lady wrote:Godwin's Law kicked in early on this one.
Didn't it just! The deluded always try using that card.

kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou » 09 Sep 2015, 22:58

'Treat others as you'd like to be treated' seems a pretty sensible way of living a life. We are all human beings first and foremost. My views on war refugees are informed by this and can easily be deduced.

No insults, no swearing, no religion and no 'politics'. Do I win? :grin: