Cecil the Lion

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

User avatar
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1357
Joined: 23 Mar 2008, 00:12
Location: Spain

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by unbroken69 »

Really, can't remember saying that. My motive for posting this thread was more to do with the frenzied internet Witch hunt, calling for this dentist fella to be hung, slaughtered, fed to lions etc. As if that makes these people any better than him.

It is total hypocrisy to be in a frenzy about a celebrity animal given the name Cecil, yet not give a second thought to a nameless cow. pig who's been tourtured, mistretead and slaughtered to serve you steak etc.

To be honest it's not that I don't give a fuck about Cecil. his executioner sounds like a complete twat. However those people wanting his blood while they sit and eat steaks and chops etc. are arseholes.

[quote="theraven1979"]According to you it is.

/quote]
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER
Posts: 4582
Joined: 10 Mar 2009, 12:21
Location: SW of Shalford Scout Hut

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Bag Lady »

This shouldn't have happened. But because both lion* and hunter's names are known we have another over reaction in the news and the social media response. Other animals are being hunted to near extinction by poachers. Yes, there's outrage to that but not on the same scale as this one incident. Could we perhaps deploy the dentist to shoot a few poachers? That might feed the level of excitement he desires and provide a level of risk to satisfy his critics.


(*agreed that Cecil might not be what his parents called him)
No one can win against kipple.
User avatar
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 556
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 19:00

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by elleninblack »

Bag Lady wrote:This shouldn't have happened. But because both lion* and hunter's names are known we have another over reaction in the news and the social media response. Other animals are being hunted to near extinction by poachers. Yes, there's outrage to that but not on the same scale as this one incident. Could we perhaps deploy the dentist to shoot a few poachers? That might feed the level of excitement he desires and provide a level of risk to satisfy his critics.


(*agreed that Cecil might not be what his parents called him)
^^ agreed :)
Hagakure with perfume...
User avatar
Ravenette
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2037
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 19:44
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Ravenette »

I see this thread is causing an uproar. I'd be lion if I said I didn't feel a bit sad.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
User avatar
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2233
Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 18:31
Location: Hornchurch, Essex.

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Rockula »

The Horror Channel is showing 'The Dentist' next week.

Nice timing.
ManInBrown
Greatkudu
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2976
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Greatkudu »

unbroken69 wrote:Really, can't remember saying that. My motive for posting this thread was more to do with the frenzied internet Witch hunt, calling for this dentist fella to be hung, slaughtered, fed to lions etc. As if that makes these people any better than him.

It is total hypocrisy to be in a frenzy about a celebrity animal given the name Cecil, yet not give a second thought to a nameless cow. pig who's been tourtured, mistretead and slaughtered to serve you steak etc.

To be honest it's not that I don't give a fuck about Cecil. his executioner sounds like a complete twat. However those people wanting his blood while they sit and eat steaks and chops etc. are arseholes.
theraven1979 wrote:According to you it is.

/quote]
Hi Yes fair point in all you say.But I am surprised this story about the demise of Cecil,hasn't raised the plight of The African lion in general.It's numbers have dramatically reduced in

the last 10 years and it won't be long until it's on the endangered species list.I hate the killing of any living creature for so called sport? the dentist hunter wouldn't be to brave facing a

lion without his weaponry? Even the Maasai in Kenya do not kill lions anymore,it used to be a rite of passage for a Maasai morani to go out and spear a lion,but with numbers reduced

they know longer practice that particular rite of passage,if a Lion kills any of their cattle,they are allowed to kill that lion or they get compensation from the parks authority.

Having had the honour and priviledge to see Lions in the wild on many occasions,I am mystified why anyone would want to hunt and kill these magnificent animals for pleasure.

Last point by killing Cecil,that Dentist and his helpers have fucked up the pride,as when a male pride leader gets old,he is usurped by a younger male,sometimes to the death.

But mostly the former pride leader has terrible injuries,so often dies a slow death,if he lives he deteriorates quite quickly as he can't hunt,only small animals,as the females do all the

hunting.Of course all African wildlife is threatened by poaching,and this yank represents a tiny reduction,to the bigger picture.My only hope is that long term the sad story of Cecil may

draw attention to the plight of the African lion in general.Col Kudu signing off dispatches.
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1583
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 16:44

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by dead ringer »

Greatkudu wrote:
unbroken69 wrote:Really, can't remember saying that. My motive for posting this thread was more to do with the frenzied internet Witch hunt, calling for this dentist fella to be hung, slaughtered, fed to lions etc. As if that makes these people any better than him.


Hi Yes fair point in all you say.But I am surprised this story about the demise of Cecil,hasn't raised the plight of The African lion in general.It's numbers have dramatically reduced in

the last 10 years and it won't be long until it's on the endangered species list.I hate the killing of any living creature for so called sport? the dentist hunter wouldn't be to brave facing a

lion without his weaponry? Even the Maasai in Kenya do not kill lions anymore,it used to be a rite of passage for a Maasai morani to go out and spear a lion,but with numbers reduced

they know longer practice that particular rite of passage,if a Lion kills any of their cattle,they are allowed to kill that lion or they get compensation from the parks authority.

Having had the honour and priviledge to see Lions in the wild on many occasions,I am mystified why anyone would want to hunt and kill these magnificent animals for pleasure.

Last point by killing Cecil,that Dentist and his helpers have fucked up the pride,as when a male pride leader gets old,he is usurped by a younger male,sometimes to the death.

But mostly the former pride leader has terrible injuries,so often dies a slow death,if he lives he deteriorates quite quickly as he can't hunt,only small animals,as the females do all the

hunting.Of course all African wildlife is threatened by poaching,and this yank represents a tiny reduction,to the bigger picture.My only hope is that long term the sad story of Cecil may

draw attention to the plight of the African lion in general.Col Kudu signing off dispatches.
Superb, intelligent post, thankyou!
User avatar
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 11212
Joined: 04 Apr 2004, 00:48
Location: UTOPIA!
Contact:

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Ravenette wrote:I see this thread is causing an uproar. I'd be lion if I said I didn't feel a bit sad.
Poor Cecil.
User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 11985
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by PaulinLondon »

Why shoot a lion ? Why ?
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Greatkudu
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2976
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Greatkudu »

PaulinLondon wrote:Why shoot a lion ? Why ?
Small C.CK? syndrome.
User avatar
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1180
Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 13:20
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Boody »

Greatkudu wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:Why shoot a lion ? Why ?
Small C.CK? syndrome.
Ah, he was protecting his poultry. Makes sense now.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
User avatar
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1357
Joined: 23 Mar 2008, 00:12
Location: Spain

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by unbroken69 »

Maybe the death of this Lion could save other wild creatures from trophy-hunting psychopaths. It would hopefully end the wave of internet psychopaths demanding the blood of this dentist.

I was reading something recently that stated the movement of human populations and demand for Chinese medicines (containing Lion bones, and sperm) pose a greater risk to the Lion population of Africa than "sport" hunting. Next we might see keyboard warriors calling for revenge attacks against Chinese take-aways.
Greatkudu wrote:
unbroken69 wrote:Really, can't remember saying that. My motive for posting this thread was more to do with the frenzied internet Witch hunt, calling for this dentist fella to be hung, slaughtered, fed to lions etc. As if that makes these people any better than him.

It is total hypocrisy to be in a frenzy about a celebrity animal given the name Cecil, yet not give a second thought to a nameless cow. pig who's been tourtured, mistretead and slaughtered to serve you steak etc.

To be honest it's not that I don't give a fuck about Cecil. his executioner sounds like a complete twat. However those people wanting his blood while they sit and eat steaks and chops etc. are arseholes.
theraven1979 wrote:According to you it is.

/quote]
Hi Yes fair point in all you say.But I am surprised this story about the demise of Cecil,hasn't raised the plight of The African lion in general.It's numbers have dramatically reduced in

the last 10 years and it won't be long until it's on the endangered species list.I hate the killing of any living creature for so called sport? the dentist hunter wouldn't be to brave facing a

lion without his weaponry? Even the Maasai in Kenya do not kill lions anymore,it used to be a rite of passage for a Maasai morani to go out and spear a lion,but with numbers reduced

they know longer practice that particular rite of passage,if a Lion kills any of their cattle,they are allowed to kill that lion or they get compensation from the parks authority.

Having had the honour and priviledge to see Lions in the wild on many occasions,I am mystified why anyone would want to hunt and kill these magnificent animals for pleasure.

Last point by killing Cecil,that Dentist and his helpers have fucked up the pride,as when a male pride leader gets old,he is usurped by a younger male,sometimes to the death.

But mostly the former pride leader has terrible injuries,so often dies a slow death,if he lives he deteriorates quite quickly as he can't hunt,only small animals,as the females do all the

hunting.Of course all African wildlife is threatened by poaching,and this yank represents a tiny reduction,to the bigger picture.My only hope is that long term the sad story of Cecil may

draw attention to the plight of the African lion in general.Col Kudu signing off dispatches.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Post Reply