Stranglers - Sprogs?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Stranglers - Sprogs?

Post by Burn e 77 »

Do any of the band past or present have any sons or daughters?
Bernie 77
Something better change!
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Stranglers - Sprogs?

Post by droopsnoot »

"No Mercy" suggests Dave has a daughter, JJ has one of each, Paul seems to have a son, there was mention that John Ellis had a new-born sometime during his time with the band, Baz has a daughter (inspiration for "Spectre of Love", I think), and wasn't there talk that Jet's daughter is the girl on the "Strange Little Girl" single sleeve? And maybe he has a son, too - wasn't there a story about him meeting Baz and commenting that he looked like he should be in the band?

They've been quite good at not talking much about non-band stuff, but they crop up from time to time. I haven't really got that much interest - there are things that are not band-related that interest me more about the band members - but I think I've read the above on here or in other general sources over the years, whether there are more around I have no idea.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

droopsnoot wrote:"No Mercy" suggests Dave has a daughter, JJ has one of each, Paul seems to have a son, there was mention that John Ellis had a new-born sometime during his time with the band, Baz has a daughter (inspiration for "Spectre of Love", I think), and wasn't there talk that Jet's daughter is the girl on the "Strange Little Girl" single sleeve? And maybe he has a son, too - wasn't there a story about him meeting Baz and commenting that he looked like he should be in the band?

They've been quite good at not talking much about non-band stuff, but they crop up from time to time. I haven't really got that much interest - there are things that are not band-related that interest me more about the band members - but I think I've read the above on here or in other general sources over the years, whether there are more around I have no idea.
Thanks for the feedback fella, strangely I have no interest either.
It was just a thought that came to mind, as I was looking at a photo of Dave Vanian on stage with his daughter in the wings.
Bernie 77
Something better change!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Isn't JJ's son a drummer in a band?
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

JJ Burnel Father of Jet Black Shocker.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

All I know JJ has a son and a daughter ( we used to follow.each other on Twitter) and jets gotta daughter hugh used to make references to her back in the eighties if I remember correctly

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

Jets daughter is on the front of the strange little girl single sleeve. I met her when the boys were playing Sligo a few years back.
flintackles
SHAKESPEARO

Post by flintackles »

Didn't Baz say at the convention when he put his glasses on that his son said he looks like a U Boat captain.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

flintackles wrote:Didn't Baz say at the convention when he put his glasses on that his son said he looks like a U Boat captain.
"Up periscope, down periscope... Lol :wink:
Bernie 77
Something better change!
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

JJs daughter Hannah sang with him at the Pontins convention (Where I Live).
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I may be wrong but I recall reading that Jet had a son who helped with Strangled and that maybe he or another son sadly passed away. (I do hope I am wrong about the latter)
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

evonx wrote:JJs daughter Hannah sang with him at the Pontins convention (Where I Live).
Good song, was living in the Netherlands back then so sadly missed Pontins.
Bernie 77
Something better change!