Charlie Hebdo

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Charlie Hebdo

Post by PaulinLondon »

To all our colleagues in France, our thoughts are with you.

Vive la France !

8) :smt023
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sick and cowardly act from barbarous scum.
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by elleninblack »

^^ hear hear
Hagakure with perfume...
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Hardly cowardice.
biggs
SHAKESPEARO

Post by biggs »

Shooting unarmed people and then running away , taking a hostage to try to escape is very Cowardly .
If you are fighting for your faith and principles stand up unarmed and put forward your opposition to those who disagree / take the piss out of your ideals .
If we shot everyone who pissed us off , whom you did not agree with, was just generally different to you, it would soon be an empty planet ??
If there's no reason for your words then Your silence ain't absurd
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Go on then, I'll bite - was it brave then?
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

An action is only brave & courageous if it leads to a good result as measured against society's norms.
Rattus572
Rats Rally

Post by Rattus572 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Hardly cowardice.
Of course it was as outlined in subsequent posts. Even more so -the desire to be a martyr and receive "perceived" rewards after death rather than face your enemies and explain your point is selfish as well as cowardly. Just because I might personally be afraid (because of almost certain death) of committing a similar act would not make me brave if I decided to do something which "by all norms of society" is wrong. Especially if I thought I was going to win a great prize if I did and that fired my motivation! This act was against all of us religious or not and was cowardly in the extreme.
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Hadn't these terrorist been tried before something but released. Just like the Lee Rigby attackers or certainly one of them. I think once someone has been accused of terrorism they need to be seriously monitored for the rest of their lives. These terrorists are being let out into the public and are obviously dangerous. We have to monitor them properly so there is absolutely no way they can carry out atrocities. Fuck their human rights!
dennirusking
Down In The Sewer

Post by dennirusking »

Yesterday on facebook I read about a man in Saudi Arabia who will be flogged today for the crime of blogging about free speech. 50 lashes. As A friend told me that in the Evening Standard they were caiming that the prophet Mohammed told his people that if anyone ever attacked their religion the correct response was to just leave the room.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

dennirusking wrote:Yesterday on facebook I read about a man in Saudi Arabia who will be flogged today for the crime of blogging about free speech. 50 lashes. As A friend told me that in the Evening Standard they were caiming that the prophet Mohammed told his people that if anyone ever attacked their religion the correct response was to just leave the room.
I think it's 50 lashes a week, wasn't the sentence 2500 lashes? Apols if i heard it wrong.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Bobinblack wrote:Go on then, I'll bite - was it brave then?
No, it wasn't brave Bob. There are many words I have for these people but 'cowards' isn't one that I personally would have used to describe them. However, after reading recent posts I suppose I can see why they could be viewed as cowards. I'm as sickened and shocked at these events as anyone else I might add just in case anyone took my previous post the wrong way.