Charlton Athletic 3 Derby County 2

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Charlton Athletic 3 Derby County 2

Post by pigeon »

Could this be the year .... no really could this be the year Charlton mount a serious promotion challenge to English top flight league of football back to the glory days of the premier league was what all 14 thousand Charlton fans were talking about as we left the valley tonight, in a true Charlton home display they leave you with your heart in your mouth. Derby County tonight's apponounts are clear favourites to go up this season after narrowly missing out on play off promotion to the premiership in the playoff final against Queens park Rangers Last season. Managed By Steve mclaren

After Saturdays injury time winner again Wigan. Charlton approach the game as second favourites today as its expected a comfortable Derby win. If only football was like that but as the game got underway Charlton had the upper hand in the first ten minutes passing the ball round midfield well and taking the game to Derby. Young wonder kid Jordan Cousins is instrumental in play as well as Icelandic Berg Gudmundsson and it is build up play driven down the middle in the 11th minute which sees the ball fall to Charlton new striker George Tuccdean who on the turn from six yards out slots in the addicks opener. The Valley is rocking, but shortly after Charlton start to sit back and Derby are coming at them with all cylinders firing. Quiffy (steve Mclaren) is not giving up without a fight just like he did managing England.

And in the 31st minute after only seconds later a shot parried by Nick Pope the ball finds itself to Jamie Ward fires in a rocket from 25 yards out. Derby are on top this time i am hoping to get to half time 1-1. But we break through down the middle again Young Cousins instrumental in play is brought down by bryson who is already on a yellow card and last man, he should be sent off. But the refferees assistants as there known today lino's to me and you is talking in his walkie talkie to the reff and takes his hands out of his pockets without producing the all important textbook last man rule. Quiffy isnt that impressed with the penalty decission and has a frown on his face. Yknow that famous Steve Mclaren frown?.

anyhow not only do we have two strikers that can score goals we have a penalty taker that can aswell. Just like at Colchester in last tuesdays league cup win Buyens steps up and does that dink they like to do thesedays. It is the last kick of the half and charlton go in 2-1 up.

The second half gets under way and much of it is back to the wall defending for Charlton Quiffy has gotten Derby up for it as they bring on journey man striker Leon Best its hard to keep up with these modern day players. But on the 77th minute who is it on the ball? why our realiable old skip as his known whos just celebrated his 32nd birthday this week Johnnie Jackson sends in a peach of a cross into the 6 yard box. Ever rising striker Vetokele is there to head home his 2nd goal of the season and surely the games decider.

Not at all in typical Charlton style we collapse 5 minutes later and on the 84th minute Jamie ward fires a shot through Nick popes legs. The Valley crowed is on tenterhooks again plentey of "Don't panic mr mannering" can be heard from all around the block im in people turning round to you and saying "don't panic Mr mannering don't panic" to which i reply "your not really getting any better at these impressions are you?"

But Charlton holds out for a win which puts us 4th one place behind Millwall on goal difference - never thought id hear myself say that. But a happy Addick non the less.
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Charlton Athletic 3 Derby County 2

Post by elleninblack »

You never know! Forest are top!
Hagakure with perfume...
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Two goals for Jamie Ward.
Good news for Northern Ireland. :grin:
rotten thoughts
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

elleninblack wrote:You never know! Forest are top!

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Only through a young goalkeeper making his full debut making a terrible error.
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

pigeon wrote:
Only through a young goalkeeper making his full debut making a terrible error.
Who cares how it happened?! :wink: it's the OH who supports them anyway, I support the mighty Mansfield Town :D
Hagakure with perfume...
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Charlton may be the surprise package this season a very good start for you anyway Pidge.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Alexinblack wrote:Charlton may be the surprise package this season a very good start for you anyway Pidge.
Surprise package i see us as always the biggest team in the championship apart from Fulham,Blackburn and Bolton. Blackburn are probally the biggiest team in the championship. Forest fans will most likely say its them for something they done 40 odd years ago :lol: We got record amount of points in league 1 in 2011 does that count? Even Brentford can't claim that? :smt102
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Most of the Championship could claim to be one of the biggest clubs in the Division. I suppose it depends on claim to be one of the biggest clubs. History? Attendances?
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

My Wheelchair Rugby Club is THE BIGGEST AND BEST IN DORSET

Ohhhh....wait a minute... the only ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:My Wheelchair Rugby Club is THE BIGGEST AND BEST IN DORSET

Ohhhh....wait a minute... the only ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Hagakure with perfume...
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

Alexinblack wrote:Most of the Championship could claim to be one of the biggest clubs in the Division. I suppose it depends on claim to be one of the biggest clubs. History? Attendances?
Winning 2 European cups?? ;)
Hagakure with perfume...